Since we were talking about the dingy realtors I deal with daily I thought I'd do a flashback. As you can see nothing has changed. Enjoy.
TUESDAY, MAY 6, 2014
Speaking of Realtors
When we lived in Seattle we were given a name of a realtor from someone Rick worked with.
Rick made an appointment over the phone to meet at the first property to view the home. Supposedly this woman excelled in helping those relocating to the area.
We got there a bit early.
We were parked in front of the home next door to the house we were to look at. Rick looked up in his rearview mirror and said, "This must be her. OMG. hurry! put down your visor and check her out."
She was fluffing her white straw-like hair with black roots. It was high, big hair. She was putting on her bright pink shimmery lipstick. Her makeup courtesy of the late great Tammy Faye.
Rick made an appointment over the phone to meet at the first property to view the home. Supposedly this woman excelled in helping those relocating to the area.
We got there a bit early.
We were parked in front of the home next door to the house we were to look at. Rick looked up in his rearview mirror and said, "This must be her. OMG. hurry! put down your visor and check her out."
She was fluffing her white straw-like hair with black roots. It was high, big hair. She was putting on her bright pink shimmery lipstick. Her makeup courtesy of the late great Tammy Faye.
Then she got out of the car - Rolled up her skirt so high that if she had pubic hair we'd have seen it. Then she pulled down the zipper to her top. She unzipped this so far down to show ample fake bosoms as well as her bra.
My husband is laughing hysterically.
My husband is laughing hysterically.
I say, "the house must be bad if she feels the need to distract us that much from seeing the house"
That made Rick laugh more.
That made Rick laugh more.
I ask, "you did tell her I was coming didn't you?"
He said he told her, "my wife and I would like to meet you at this house."
We let her go inside since she didn't seem to notice us.
We walked in after she was inside the home a bit so we were right on time.
She was a hoot. She was not at all knowledgeable of the property as we asked questions. I couldn't take my eyes off her but not for nice reasons.
She couldn't answer any of our questions about the area.
She couldn't answer anything about the home she was selling.
When asked about the park across the street she was clueless.
He said he told her, "my wife and I would like to meet you at this house."
We let her go inside since she didn't seem to notice us.
We walked in after she was inside the home a bit so we were right on time.
She was a hoot. She was not at all knowledgeable of the property as we asked questions. I couldn't take my eyes off her but not for nice reasons.
She couldn't answer any of our questions about the area.
She couldn't answer anything about the home she was selling.
When asked about the park across the street she was clueless.
When she didn't have answers it would make her use her hands in grand gestures and laugh. She even spun around once. Then laughed. We never understood that. Was she trying to make us think it didn't matter? Did she really think flapping her arms like a big bird was fooling anyone? Perhaps she was just a walking advertisement for the plastic surgeon who did those enormous boobs. (which Rick never took his eyes off of - there's a park? what park?)
We thanked her for her time and got a new agent.
We thanked her for her time and got a new agent.
7 comments:
I looked up "big hair" "short skirt" "low cut blouse" and stumped google image. I thought for sure she would show up.
Mike - perhaps she retired.😀 Rick reminded me last night about the leak in the one bedroom. When asked about it is when she spun around with her arms extended and we just looked at one another like what the heck? He asked again and she said, "Oh don't worry about it" We assumed this was a foreclosure because of the type of condition - the damage appeared so deliberate. She wouldn't confirm. She was a hoot. Rick said our next one is going to be a "Claudia" we are due.
She obviously worked on her image. Too bad she didn't put some effort into a professional image.
Holy mackerel, at least you got a fun show and a cool blog post out of it. Wonder if she ever sold anything besides herself.
Oh my! Would this have been in the 80s??? I can't even imagine an agent dressing so.....slutty. At least y'all got a laugh out of it :D
Olga, Patti and Yes--it certainly was the 80s. We always wondered if she made her money servicing her customers in other ways
I think you were wise to get a new agent :) Definitely she was a bit odd!
betty
Post a Comment