Thursday, October 26, 2023

Almost Friday.

Busy, Busy, Busy, couple of days.
Tomorrow is pre-op shit for Rick. Yes, that is indeed the professional term.
He has bloodwork, EKG and CT scans etc.
Monday is the surgery.

We have a man here now fixing our dryer venting. Another long story but this kid and company were top-notch in every way.


This meme makes me howl!  Having worked in the travel industry in many capacities I've seen and heard it all. Now that people make their own reservations on the internet, I can see how this happens all the time. If they had to install a counter just to service all the goofballs who booked their flight to Austria instead of Australia there has to be a lot of them. I wonder what those people hear while sitting in their seats and the flight crew tells them that they are going to Salzburg Austria, do they hear Salzburg Australia? Travel Agents don't make that mistake. 

Ticket Counter - I used to say when I worked at the ticket counter that the airport doors automatically open and automatically suck the brains out of people.
Some of my favorite questions are, where is my seat? 
Gee, you have a number, you have a letter, you can figure this out on your own if you can count. Of course, those words were only uttered in my head. This was always a CEO or a high-level person in their industry. Never ceased to amaze me. 
See, the airport door did suck out their logic.

As a travel agent, I had this happen, a woman told me- "I want to go see Micky."  
A grown-ass adult said this to me. I played along and asked if they wanted to see Micky in California or Orlando. She got up from her seat and said loudly while flapping her hands at me, "If you are too dumb to know where Micky is then I need another agent" Inside I'm laughing. 
"Disneyland or Disney World.?" I asked her. 
She shook her head and swatted me away with her hands. 
She said, "Never mind!"  and she walked over to a co-worker's desk and asked if she knew where Micky was. (this was in Seattle) The woman tells her yes and just sends her to Orlando. I bet she wanted California because most did when living in Seattle. But hey, if she is that dumb my coworker said she was going to take the commission on a bigger trip. The damn fool.

As a reservation agent for a commuter airline - This airline flew 19-passenger turboprop planes. 
 A woman made a reservation and after I went over the entire itinerary with connections and final cost, she then asked me oh so seriously,  "Where will you pick me up?"  
I was befuddled.  "Pardon me?" I asked.
She repeated, "Where are you going to pick me up?"  
"Ma'am, you will go to the airport, check in at the ticket counter and then go to the gate and wait for boarding." 
Long silence.
"But these are small planes, right?"
"Yes, they are 19-passenger planes, but you still have to go to the airport"
"Oh, I thought maybe you'd pick me up."

OMG. Yes, pack your lunch, stand on the roof, wave a yellow flag and we'll just land on your house and you can jump in.
I honestly thought at first, she was pulling my leg but after a few times, I realized she was just clueless.
So, you can see why that meme made me laugh.
_________

Be back after Rick's surgery on Monday, or maybe from the hospital.
In the meantime, a meme dump.








11 comments:

Grace said...

This post made me laugh - something I sorely needed to do. My daughter was just down here and in her rush to book a flight booked a 7:30PM flight instead of a 7:30AM and then proceeded to spend most of the day at the airport trying to get a flight here because the first new flight she booked was delayed an hour and then that plane broke down and then she was on stand-by for an earlier flight than that second flight that kept getting pushed...and yadda yadda yadda. Thank goodness she was at Burlington Airport where everyone is very nice and helpful.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace, this is why internet booking is not all its cracked up to be. I'm so sorry!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Lobe the memes. Best of luck on surgery day!

Cruisin Paul said...

Best of luck for both of you. I'll be thinking of Rick in my prayers.


Cruisin Paul

Julie H said...

Did you see the girl who was surprised she was going to a Miami college and it was in Ohio?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean and Paul - thank you!

Julie, oh my goodness. She applied to a school and she didn't know where it was located? There is a University of California in PA. I had friends who went there. The city was California, PA. Oh my goodness this girl should not have been accepted at the U.of Miami since she was so stupid. I get not knowing, but if you applied to the school you should have known.

Olga said...

Working with the general public . . . I imagine you did see it all!

Mike said...

I missed this post somehow.
I think the woman wanting to see Mickey should have been escorted to the loony bin.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, I have always worked with the public. I firmly believe if you can work at an airline and still smile you are a rare gem.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Blogger is messing with me Mike - your comment had to be approved. only yours. WTH?
Yes, she should have been. I always wondered what happened when she landed in Orlando. I had left the agency by the time of her trip but I would LOVE to know. Working in the travel industry is the best customer service training in the world. However it's so different now you never see anyone smile. I smiled in front of them and then went in the back and screams and had hissy fits. To the public I was so nice. LOL

Barbara said...

So your blogger is doing to Mike what my blogger did to you. I just don't understand why. Hope the surgery went well. I'll send a memo to the guy upstairs and tell him I think you two have paid they price, plus some. I hope your next words are calm