It has not been mine or Rick's best year by a long shot.
No one showed up knocking on our doors Thursday to install a shower door so that was good. This guy. 'David' who wrote to me to STOP texted (it sounds like it should be just 'text' to me, but it keeps correcting me) me the other day as I mentioned on a different number but the same Charlotte area code. So, my text to him saying what the attorney suggested we text went to both numbers.
Rick asked me again today if I did that. YES. I did it. I CYA'd myself.
Rick is as paranoid about these idiots as I am. And he feels so helpless and keeps saying if I were not in this shape, they wouldn't fuck with me. I sort of understand him, but I think they still would have.
Rick used to be a big, tall scary figure if you didn't know he was a big, tall teddy bear.
Not so much anymore.
We wanted it texted to both numbers so he couldn't say he didn't get it.
After 'David' tells me to stop he sends from another number thinking I may be too stupid and had forgotten he told me to STOP. Perhaps assuming I wouldn't see the text trail and I'd have forgotten or some such rubbish. Gosh, this makes me hate people even more.
In other news...
Rick packed up a shit ton of fishing lures and fishing accessories shall we say.
He has so many fishing things. Tackle boxes and boxes of lures and things I have no idea what they are for except for fishing. His buddy, Denny, in central PA, is an avid fisherman and we sent a big box of these things up to him. Denny texted Rick today and was so excited. One lure that they use for some big fish had teeth marks on it and Denny said, "it makes my hands shake." Denny was so excited and appreciative, and he wanted Rick to know his grapes came in and that he would send us some of his wine. He makes good wine. Sadly, Rick doesn't drink anymore...but I do!
________
I met a woman while waiting for Rick at rehab. I really liked her. A bit older than me. She is from New Hampshire and struggling here. Oh, I understand. We are meeting on Saturday for coffee at Java Joes. Rick is okay for me to leave for a couple hours. He will probably watch a terrible movie with no dialogue, just grunting sounds as he does when I leave.
We call them Testosterone Movies.
I'll be sure he has his meds and eaten his breakfast and he will be fine. Well and helping him get a shirt on. He can't lift his arm for 4 weeks and getting a shirt on isn't as easy for him as you'd think. It's made us giggle a few times. We had a laugh the other day, he was trying, and I was holding it where I thought it would help and then we both realized it's on inside out. Oh, my goodness it made us laugh. I think we were both so exhausted it was just damn funny. He said, how about if I just walk around naked?
I told him that was fine, but it wasn't Naked Tuesday. Oh yeah, he says. They shaved his chest and underarms when he got his pacemaker and clothes rubbing on the nubs are driving him crazy. I said you either deal with it or shave it again. Nope, he is trying to deal with it. He asked if my underarms or legs got itchy when growing in. Nope, don't go that long between shaves. But back in the day (70s) before all the waxing places women shaved their nether regions - that's fun when you let it come in in winter. Not polite to scratch in public. He thought that it was funny picturing me scratching myself in public. Nope never happened Stroke Boy.
________
I happen to love Rom-Com's. But not all. While you know how a rom-com will end it's how they get there that is the fun. A good Rom-Com to me is When Harry Met Sally or several Katherine Hepburn, and Spencer Tracey movies like Adams Rib. Those 2 are my all-time favorites. I like those kinds, not the Hallmark dribble.
I saw that Meg Ryan is in a new movie with David Duchovny and it looked good to me. But we don't do movie theatres so until it's on a streaming service we won't get to see it. This one is an adult rom-com. People over 60, kind of thing.
Both actors are and you can see that and it's refreshing, well to me anyway.
6 comments:
I am right there with you on the old Tracy/Hepburn movies. My favorites are Adam's Rib and Desk Set. I think Desk Set is what sparked my preference to work in an office vs being a teacher or nurse (you know, literally the only options available in those days).
I loved that Hepburn's character worked in a job where her vast knowledge was prized. I'm glad to see that Meg Ryan's lip fillers have calmed down - when she was pumping them up, I couldn't watch her in a movie.
This info may be too late to do you any good for Rick's incident, but there are companies that make adaptive clothing. There are pieces that work for people with different needs. My mom broke her hip and it was so hard to change her clothing until we learned about this. It made it so easy and made it more comfortable for her, too.
Nina
Nina, thx. He was asked not to lift the left arm after his pacemaker went in. Apparently the wires must connect and have it heal around the leads and to scar...like scar it in so to speak. So it's temporary. But if not temp, that's a great idea. Yes, her fillers were awful! Glad she stopped that b.s.. she's still cute at 61.
I love this new film trailer. I can't wait to see it.
Cruisin Paul
I saw that trailer too! My dad had the don't lift your arm thing when he got the defibulator thing. Seems difficult!
Paul 😊
Julie, it is weird isn't it? Four weeks. He can extend his arm but not lift it above his shoulders. Can't sleep on it either. He's been sleeping in his ugly chair which means he isn't getting much sleep. He said the ugly chair is great for naps but not real nighttime sleep.
That trailer makes it look like a good movie to see.
Post a Comment