We need to have our bathroom (master) and bedroom painted. We've needed it since we got here. But then I was down for the count for 6 months of chemo and steroids. Then my surgery and Rick's stroke so nothing has been getting done. Everyone says to just chill. C'mon, it's been 2 yrs. now this month.
I called a painter to give me a quote. Rick was not happy. It has cathedral ceilings so I can't do them even on a ladder. He gets pissed because he can't. He is not getting on a ladder no matter what he says for heaven's sake. Then he says dumb things like, "Wait until I can." Oh, my goodness.
I try to appease his ego but that is just stupid. (I did not say that to him)
I told him we would just get a quote to see.
I got the quote on Friday. It was only $600 for the bedroom. Yes, that is a lot, but we were expecting double. BUT, since calling him for a quote, things have changed. We now must demolish all the stuff that was done in the bathroom. ALL OF IT. It's a nightmare. I will write about it again when I can without crying.
After the painter left Rick said, "Well that's less than what I expected. I assumed double that. I just hate that I can't do shit anymore"
"I know, I know, but in a year or two you will, it's only been 4 months and 2 weeks. And I too thought it'd be double" He laughed.
Now that we know we can't do this right now because of having to do the bathroom again. We will save up for this. You know, eat rice for a month. LOL. We did explain to the painter why we thought we were ready but now what is going on. He was horrified. Yep, so are we buddy.
I am going to do a few political memes today, with a few others sprinkled in so that I can delete them from my phone. Happy Saturday.







6 comments:
I can't believe that suing that SOB who did your bathroom is not a viable option.
Grace, working on it.😁
GREAT memes. And loved the Izzy blog too. Olivia
You're going to see the COVID vaccine meme again shortly.
Great Memes... We once had a bathroom remodel go awry and had to fire the contractor, so my sympathies are with you. We ended up finishing the project ourselves and having to repair and absorb the costs of the damage his crew did that were not up to the job.
Peg, you tell Rick forget his ego. I know it because my ego was hurt also but forget, you're alive with his wife. That is the most important. I had to realize it myself and today I'm happy and he will also.
Cruisin Paul
Post a Comment