Monday, October 9, 2023

Stop Bringin' Em On

 The hits just keep on coming.

The plumber came back today now that everything was dry to see if there were any leaks.
Yep, right through the tile floor. So now the tile has to be ripped up and done properly.  Good news, if you can call it that, but I'm trying here - I didn't love the tile floor but we had to move forward and it's what I got. 
But it was done incorrectly. 
The Bad news is, it must be done again and that is money we do not have. It may just sit for years like this, but I know it can't. Poor Rick.
And the nerve of the contractor calling me again today. 
I did not answer and will not answer. When all this shit is done it will cost me what I owed him and probably even more. !@#$%^!  He is not getting another dime outta me!
__________
Tuesday at 8am I must be at the Cary WakeMed Hospital. Cary is not close to me so I will be leaving around 7am or a tad bit before. I am having a nuclear stress test and then an ECHO cardiogram. I keep telling everyone it's just stress. No one believes me. I am not to eat or drink anything after midnight. I don't have time to be ill or die! So this better be no big deal.

I must wear comfortable clothes and no bras with wires.  
YIPEE, a reason to be in public in a sports bra. 
The hospital called me to go over all the items and told me how long it would be. 3-4 hrs. Jeez. 
She said they will feed me but I can't eat any of that food so I will bring something to eat. I asked why I had to eat at all before I get home and she told me some mumbo jumbo that they wanted me to have food before the next round of tests. 
I don't get it, but I will do as I'm told. There is a lot of sitting around while waiting for pictures or some such thing.

Cary NC is another 'burb of Raleigh. When I moved here, I was told repeatedly that it stood for Containment Area of Relocated Yankees. 
Asses.  I am not Cary's biggest fan, but I do have to go there from time to time. Like tomorrow. 
___________
Have any of you been watching men's and women's gymnastics?  Wow.  Our men are good, but our women are kickin' butt. Simone Biles is so good it's like she's a unicorn. I'd die for her legs. I know I've said it here before, but she has great legs! A bit shorter than mine but if they looked like that, I'd be simply fine with it. 

And lastly, a few of you said you knew about that 3 ingredient PB cookie.
I am going to try it with a tad less sugar. Has anyone tried that? I'm worried it may throw the whole thing off but to me, it's a lot of sugar. I know those aren't words I normally use. What the hell has gotten into me?

I will leave you with a recipe I got in high school home ec.
The first time I made it living with Rick he screamed when I added the hot tap water over the entire batter "Margaret, do you know what the hell are you doing?"  I laughed and said I don't know; we'll have to see.
He shook his head. Knowing I don't cook he assumed I couldn't bake either.

Oh, it turned out and he loved it. It was what I called my PMS cake, not to be confused with Peggy Malizia Syndrome as Rick called PMS, but the real thing when you just need chocolate in any form. When I lived with my sister our cycles synchronized. We would make this for dinner and sit it between us on the sofa and eat Hot Fudge Cake while watching a movie and crying. We did not eat food, just cake and fudge. We did not bother putting this on ice cream as you are supposed to  - no way. We just grabbed utensils and dug in. I no longer have PMS, but I still love this little recipe. When my friend was visiting with her young kids, I made this. All ages love Hot Fudge Cake.

I'll let you try, and you can tell me.  
This is 50 years old. I got it in Home Ec in 1973.
So, it's probably even older than that.

Hot Fudge Cake.
Mix all of this in your 8x8 pan. (Brownie pan)
1 cup of flour
3/4 cup of sugar
2TBSP cocoa (Dutch cocoa if you have it, but Hershey's works)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 t salt.
Mix all of this with a fork in your 8x8 pan.

Then add to the above mixture 1/2 cup milk, 2 TBSP oil, 1 tsp vanilla 
Spread evenly in the pan.
Sprinkle the top of this batter with 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa and pour 1 3/4 cup of HOT tap water over the entire thing - DO NOT MIX.

Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

The cake is baked and rises to the top and the hot fudge is on the bottom.
A piece of this and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmm, it is da bomb. 

Rick has had a sweet tooth since his stroke, and he's been asking for all kinds of sweets of late. And he's still losing weight. How does that happen to everyone but me? I gain weight from inhaling my spit, I swear.

5 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Some people gain weight while other lose it and still eat the fat some. Me I gain and still just look at the stuff. Take care Peg.


Cruisin Paul

Olga said...

That cake sounds amazingly appropriate for a chocolate fix. My high school didn't offer home ec -- or art or phys ed for that matter, so big holes in my education.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, I had all those classes,and music. that's horrible you didnt. But kids today don't get any of that either. Art was my least favorite because I really really stunk at it.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Good luck with the tests. You're over due for some so I have high hopes it will go that way.

Cop Car said...

Sounds Yummy!