My goodness, Walmart never ceases to disappoint. In the worst of ways.
I've mentioned I had never gone to a Walmart until the year before we moved. A very nice one moved into the brand-new plaza across the street from our development. But it just isn't my jam. I'm a Target girl.
Then we moved to hillbilly land. Where Walmarts are on every corner. The convenience of location is nice but it's Walmart. I'd rather drive a few miles more and go to Target.
Rick can get his prescriptions there and at Walgreens per his insurance. Some of his prescriptions are far cheaper at Walmart so I've been going far more, unfortunately.
Rick had a Rx there for me to pick up. I was running our errands and stopped there last.
I was in line. An older gentleman was in front of me. Oh, I say older, and he was probably only 3-5 years older than me. He had his hands up his ass and he was digging for gold. Scratching, digging, all of the above.
Then if that wasn't bad enough, he moved his leg and hip to really get in there. God, he was grossing me out.
I wanted to scream, go home, and shower man! How disgusting. There were bathrooms around the corner so he couldn't go in there to do this disgusting habit? Honestly!!
Walmart never disappoints.
Speaking of Rx. Did I share that Eliquis was $800 with insurance, and it was killing us. If I did I apologize. But if Rick didn't have this blood thinner, he'd be more likely to have another stroke. I mentioned to the doctor who did his pacemaker and will be doing his ablation, that if there was another drug similar could he advise us of it? I told him the cost of Eliquis was killing us. He told me that if I was willing to drive to the hospital pharmacy, they have a negotiated rate for Xarelto, another blood thinner, for only $15.80. I asked if it was the same and will it do the same for Rick. He said it would be absolutely fine for Rick.
Hell, yes, I will drive to the hospital. Even the cost of gas (which is $3.17 right now) still makes it worth it. The hospital is 15 minutes away. I can do that for that kind of savings. Wouldn't you?
__
April left a comment about Amex and them refunding us.
She wasn't sure how that worked.
The money was deposited into their bank, and it was removed from their bank. Of course, Amex had all that info.
April it even happened to us when in business.
Example of how this works.
A woman got some work done, not much, it was $495. At the time it was just a soaking tub to be refinished. (that price seems so long ago now)
She never told us there was an issue, just called her bank and asked for a refund. I was looking at the account online and saw a reversal of $495.
Less than 24 hrs after the job was done she called the bank.
Upon digging deeper, I saw who the customer was, and I contacted the bank. I asked what she claimed the issue was. There was a hair in the tub.
I told the bank if that were true and she called us we'd immediately go back to fix the issue. Can we go back and make this right? The fact that this was less than 24 hrs I think helped us. The bank said to try. The bank asked if we were called (she told them we refused) I told the bank I only knew about this because I saw the reversal online on my bank account.
I called the woman and said, "I understand you have a hair in the tub we just refinished. That is a quick fix for you. Sometimes the men's hair on their arms does fall into the tub. Why did you not call us to fix this? And just to let you know, I have spoken to the bank about this."
That made her silent. She knew what she told the bank was a lie.
Normally I will always say, those who talk first lose.
But this time I continued speaking.
"We can have the owner out there late this afternoon to fix this, it will take 5 minutes. Would you like us to go ahead?"
(knowing that if she refused the bank would hear about that and she would have egg on her face)
She said that would be fine. I said, "You do understand that the bank will then be reversing this correct?" She said yes.
I told her the owner's name, who was coming to her home, and when he would be there.
When Rick arrived, she was not happy. He said, "Oh Margaret she had piss and vinegar written all over her face"
She was just trying not to pay, and we knew that. But Rick played dumb and he was all smiles and puppies.
Rick asked to see the hair in question. She took one of her hairs and laid it in the tub. Rick looked at it and played dumb, "Did you attempt to remove this?" (if one of our guys did do this while refinishing, it would have been stuck in the coating)
"Oh no, she said, I was worried I would ruin the finish, but I couldn't live with that."
Rick bent over and picked it up.
He said, "Gee, it's awfully long to be one of mine or the man who did your tub as you know has a bald shaved head. This looks like your blonde hair; did you perhaps bend over to view the tub to view the job?" (oh so diplomatic)
She said, "Oh that must have been what happened?"
Rick said, "Well since it wasn't embedded in the paint, here it is"
And he handed it to her. (when he told me that I laughed, it was long and blonde)
He then asked if everything else looked okay.
He said, "Let's look it over really well." They both did.
She told him it looked pretty, and he had her sign off saying as much.
He repeated the warranty and said, "If you have any issues always give us a call, we will always try to make it right"
So, we got our $495 back. What an ass.
I would say we are in a different situation here now.
But you can see how it all works. I did see the money quickly and trust me it would not have taken me 30 days. And it was only $495.
So, I have a difficult time thinking that this horrible construction company has not seen it, or they are so wealthy that a removal of 18.5K is no big deal to them. Either way, screw them.
14 comments:
"Scratching, digging, all of the above."
You should have sucked it up and gotten video.
Mike, Rick said the same! I just looked away it grossed me out. But I see that was a missed opportunity.😀
Scott takes Eliquis also. We pay $180 for 3 months I think. It just doubled about a year ago. Like why does it double? Such cheaters. That is one of the reasons I can't quit my job lol
I've successfully avoided our local walmart ever since "the pee incident" - ugh, grossed out just thinking about it. But their pharmacy is fine. I've had friendly, efficient service there. I've scheduled myself for a flu shot in a few days and will make a beeline for the pharmacy - get in, get out!
Tub lady sounds like a scammer b*tch. I hope karma gets her.
Peg, I hope things get better for the two of you. I wish that getting med weren't so difficult.
Cruisin Paul
How did Rick keep a straight face handing the woman her piece of hair?
That's a good deal on the Xarelto... it's usually just about as expensive as the Eliquis.
I've had an rx for Xarelto for years... like a dozen pills cost over $300.
So last month, my new cardio doc said I should be on it all the time, not just when I'm out of rhythm, I told him "hell no, I'm not spending that kind of dough on a maintenance drug." (I'd been with this group of cardiologist at Johns Hopkins since 2007, and they had never suggested I get on blood thinners all that time. I didn't see what was different now, as I hadn't been out of rhythm in in about two years.)
Anyway, they said they'd look for a cheaper blood thinner, then came back with Pradaxa. That was like $30 for a 90-day supply. So if they ever jam you up on the Xarelto, ask for Pradaxa.
Julie, I understand that very well.
Abby, eeww yes, that pee accident. I just hate that store. I go to pharmacy and try to get out as quickly as possible. Yeah that tub lady wasn't too bright or she'd have gotten us. and she was a bitch. :-)
Paul, getting better.
Jean, good questions because I laughed as soon as he told me what he did. But he loved proving her wrong.
bluz - if you take a-fib meds why would you need a thinner if never had a stroke? Rick's is to prevent a stroke from happening again I was told. To me, this price the hospital gets just shows you that they are marking them up obscenely to boot. I mean $800 to $15.80? We are being raped. Like all these procedures don't cost enough but then gouge me with Rx prices to boot.
That's what I figured, hope he had money in the bank still!!
I detest Wally World. It sounds like the same folks are shopping at ours that visit yours. Is People of Walmart still up and running? That site had some real interesting folks in there. Glad you are able to find a cheaper alternative to Rick's blood thinner. Take care.
Have you asked about Warfarin? I take it since having a massive pulmonary embolism and it's much, much cheaper than Xarelto. My doctor asked about the Xarelto because I hate having to go back for a finger poke every month to 6 weeks to check my INR numbers but it was too expensive even with insurance so stayed on the Warfarin. Just wondered if it was an option for Rick. No one will get rich off of the Warfarin like they will off the others. Ranee (MN)
Mr. Shife, I detest it too. Once when Rick saw a woman there in line while getting his Rx she had her blouse duct taped closed. He tried to get a photo because he said I'd never believe it. Where are these people the rest of the time? Only in Walmart?
Rae, we are quite happy with $15 for his Xeralto. I can't imagine Warfarin would be any less. But I can see. Thank you! What I didn't say was it is $15 for a 3 month supply.
I would leave the line and look at a few things before going back, ewwww.
Yvonne, I should have walked away but by that time I was in line for 20 minutes. I didn't wish to come back because the line was down an aisle. So I got grossed out!
Post a Comment