Saturday, October 7, 2023

Cookies

Okay, this is dangerous. 

Rick asked if I felt like making peanut butter cookies. No, I don't, I quickly responded. 
I have 2 hrs to do whatever I want and that's not it.

Then I felt guilty, that damn Italian Catholic guilt I was raised with gets me to cave every time.  
Then I remembered that I had a 3 ingredient recipe.

So I whipped them up. They don't make a lot but perfect for us. I think it made 15, but not certain, Rick was eating them up.

Because there is no flour I can eat them too. Yummy.

Try 'em, you won't be disappointed when you just gotta have a cookie. 
1 cup of peanut butter 
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
Beat. Make 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
I dip my fork in sugar and make the criss cross pattern. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Enjoy!!

I know if you make them, you'll curse me. So quick and easy and pretty darn good. You may be in a sugar coma, but what the hell!

7 comments:

Julie H said...

I have made those before! I made them for Christmas for my book club lady that had celiac.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I can't believe that recipe works! I might have to try it but either way, I most definitely will pass it on to a friend who can't have flour or dairy.

Mike said...

I'm funny about peanut butter. I love peanut butter sandwiches but don't like PB in my cookies.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, we're you like me and shocked this recipe worked?

Jean, I know! I too never thought I'd work. The recipe said 10 minutes but I bet it depends on your oven.

Mike, you're correct your are funny. I never ate PB until I began living with Rick. About 5 yrs into it I ate something and thought it's okay but still...it won me over somehow.

Ami said...

When I was a Brownie Girl Scout our troop did a little fundraiser, we made a cookbook with our favorite recipes.

This is the recipe I brought in. The leaders conferred over it, told me that it was 'impossible' to make cookies this way, no baking powder or flour? No!

I insisted. They laughed at me. And my recipe did not appear in our little cookbook.

The injustice still stings.

Cruisin Paul said...

I love peanut butter cookies. Yum, yum.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, well that pisses me off too. Geez, you should have made some and ate them in front of those biddies and when they asked for one you could say, Nope, you said it wouldn't work.

Paul, well then try these it's easy and quick.