Okay, enough about me and my damn pix.
I am not elusive Mike! I just hate seeing myself in photos!!
I am not fishing for compliments.
In fact, I was just told by Rick that if I don't start letting him and family members take my picture then no one will have one of me after I'm gone.
Geez, he's learned a lot of Italian Guilt from my family, hasn't he?
Normally it's me who is taking all the photos.
But apparently, he thinks I need to stop this and allow my picture to be taken.
God, I will try, but this one isn't easy for me people.
I'm an old broad, hard to change but I will try I told him. I will really try.
Doesn't mean you are going to see a ton of them but I will try with you all too.
Even my FB doesn't have but a couple pix of me.
One without makeup, that is huge for me.
I guess this means I could not be of the millennial generation because I would never take selfies.
I would never constantly have my phone in my hand posing.
I can't see myself doing this as a teen either.
I have always hated my pictures.
Now enough about that!
In Other News....
There is a commercial on and the woman talks about her SHE SHED.
I wish I could remember what she is selling. I just love the concept, like a man cave, but a she shack. Where no shoes or bras are allowed. Most importantly no bras. My God I want one.
Then I saw this.
Yes, I want one. In fact, I need one!
Only replace table and chairs with big comfy down like chairs and sofas.
You know the kind that wraps around you and makes you feel small.
Same rules must apply, no boys, no bras, no shoes, only comfy clothes like ugly sweats and absofrigginlutely no phones of any kind. The only technology allowed would be smart TV and fridge for food. And of course to chill the Rosé in warmer months.
Sounds nice, doesn't it?
Oooh, I already know how it would be decorated. Flowers, a door to keep out the cold, scented candles and big warm & soft throws to wrap up in.
I need to get my man on this stat. I need this in my life.
My dog is a girl so she can come in for a visit or a stay.
Yep, that is on my wishlist for Xmas. My She Shed.
Do they have this in a catalog somewhere? I bet they would sell out so quickly. Especially to all the women who work with their spouses as I do.
Yesterday was so bad of a day I wanted to hurt him.
You see the big dufus I'm married to and work with made a huge mistake and it made my day miserable.
Caused me hours of extra work and grief.
It makes matters far worse when I can't go home and talk/vent to him after hours about the asshole at work because it was him. I just hate when that happens.

13 comments:
One of my Red Hat sisters got a she shed last summer. It was ordered from an Amish company and it was delivered to her back yard. I wrote about it and you can see its picture here: https://misadventuresofwidowhood.blogspot.com/search?q=garden+party Her husband bought it for her---how's that for romantic---and she uses it for a writing space. I'd love one but it's actually just another room to clean at this point in my life. LOL
I don't like my photo taken either and don't have one on my Facebook page. It took me years to finally put one on my blog. Don't get the whole selfie thing. If you're taking photos ever five minutes you're not having fun.
Jean, I love it ! I too believe it is a grand romantic gesture of what he did. I don't need no stinkin' flowers I can buy my own. This is a very grand gesture.
I too don't like to have my picture taken. I needed one a while back. My daughter took 50 pictures of me. I finally settled on one that I didn't think was too bad.
Have Rick put a second story on the garage. He would love the project.
I'm so-so on having my picture taken. I don't run when the cameras come out but I always wish I had put on makeup or combed my hair or put on something a little nicer.
At our house I have The Momcave. It used to be our son's bedroom but apparently he would rather live with his wife... huh. Odd but true.
So all my work stuff and art stuff and tie dye stuff and a TV and a stereo and video games... it's all in there.
I don't like having my photo taken anymore. I look so huge.
I was the same way about photos, and was told the same thing, and then I lost a bunch of weight and started allowing photos of myself which I cherish, and now I've put a bunch of weight back on and stopped allowing the photos again (or at least no longer post them). sad and grim. Don't be like me.
First you shouldn't hate your photos because you are pretty, but I understand because I do the same with mine, ha! Have you ever tried to flip your photo? Because that's how you see yourself in the mirror and somehow it's how you think of yourself. Try it, much better!
Second, I highly approve the she shed, I really would like a place to hide like today when I have pms.
The "she-shed" looks fabulous, but I can't have one in our backyard that is the size of a postage stamp. I would feel guilty anyway, because I have a lovely room I call my office, with a treadmill (should I be so inclined), my lovely desk Romeo made for me, a tv, a printer and a small bookshelf, and pretty curtains. If we lived somewhere with a bigger yard I would do it in a minute though ~ with a nice small cot, all cozy with handmade afghans for napping too. :-)
Hardly anyone I know likes to have their picture taken, but it's great to look back & see how fabulous I looked 10 years ago, haha.
Ami - huge is my issue too!! I've just gained 17lbs. I started my remove the 17lbs today. I can gain it so quickly. So no more wine and food. Air will be all I'll be able to enhale. Being short doesn't help it any either.
Silver - same here - then I look at myself at 25 and think why did I think I was fat? I'm fat now!
Alessandra - ah, a PMS shed. filled with chocolate, wine and a do not disturb sign. :-)
It's - my office is where I am right now and where I am 8-9 hours a day M-F working so even though it's in my house I try to avoid it at all time otherwise.
After my husband died, I turned his office into a sewing room. My grandson (6 or 7 at the time) looked around and said "Grandma, you really girled this place up." Now my little condo is entirely a she shed and I miss a bit of masculine influence. Not enough to give up my dedicated craft room, but some.
Olga, I would forego the she shed and keep my husband. I'm sorry. But how funny that your grandson saw the "girled" up difference.
The she shed is a hoot. Wonder why someone hasn't thought of that sooner.
I hate to have my picture taken, and there are people in my family that will not let it rest. Makes family gatherings annoying sometimes.
Kind of like my friends dock only this year was off since her husband passed away unexpectedly and then our lake has some disgusting weeds growing in it. Hopefully next summer.
Post a Comment