We had a cold and lazy weekend.
We got all things on our list completed on Saturday.
We even picked up the tile and shower door order. Now we need to find an installer for the new door. Rick doesn't wish to tackle this one.
Everything but our master shower has been completed. And been completed for some time. New vanity, jetted tub deck, new lights, new flooring, new toilet, new vanity and vanity top, and sinks etc. Everything is new but the shower. Every time we think we could do it, a car would break down, business was a bit slower or some such thing. So we ordered everything Saturday. Rick gets a contractors discount of 25% so that helps. Now it will take him a year to finish. Just joking, come winter and it will begin. We will be in our slower time then.
Sunday was just downright lazy.
I was barely dressed most of the day. Because I am short buying PJ's are ridiculous. The last one I had to cut 10 inches off the bottom and then hem. I hate sewing and hemming everything. So Saturday when we were at Walmart I saw these pj's that had elastic around the ankles similar to the sleeves of a sweater. Know what I mean? I thought, cool, no hemming, just all the fabric gathering at my ankles. I didn't care what they looked like. I just like the comfy at night watching TV or doing things around the house. I don't sleep in clothes so this looked perfect to me.
I held these up and they didn't look all that long so I threw them in the cart. I got home and tried them on. Ooh, baby that was the trick. They would be very short on a tall person or even a person of average height I think. These are perfect for me! I have never purchased any clothing at Walmart but pj's are perfect. Fuzzy warm for the upcoming winter.
So I wore these babies all day.
I made breakfast and did dishes. I made stew and let it simmer.
Then total lazy ass day.
Rick and I settled in and he asked if I wanted to watch something on Netflix. We have watched 1/2 of the new season of Stranger Things but neither of us felt like finishing it just yet.
I suggested he pick since I normally do and that isn't fair.
note: I hate what he picks because I do not care for violent movies or they are just so weird and this pick was typical Rick different.
So Rick picked this show of an English comedian I had never heard of and neither did he. We didn't know he was a comedian until after we watched this show you see. His name was Jack Whitehall. We gathered from the show he was an actor but we were not aware of him.
I believe mainly in the Britain, but I could be wrong.
The movie is 'Travels with my Father.'
His father, Michael, a very stiff English man with what seemed to be very little sense of humor.
A bit of what my sister calls, a stick up his butt kind of guy.
Since I am not English the father is always what I see in my mind's eye of a person of that generation from that country.
But that is where the humor is in this adventure.
Jack is nothing like his father, in manner or dress.
On IMBD it states: Follows Jack Whitehall as he embarks on the trip of a lifetime with his father, Michael. The two set off on a journey across South East Asia to partake in a series of adventures, mishaps, and escapes with two very different perspectives.
We watched quite a few episodes, I believe half. Then Rick discovered while I went to the bathroom that Jack was a comedian and he had a new standup show on Netflix which we watched immediately after. When I came back into the room he was now starting up Jack Whitehall: At Large. I assumed it was filmed in the UK because there were a few references that I just did not understand. Along with some words as well. We speak English but not the same English. And I must say I love when he did an American accent. Reminded me of my old boss from Ireland. He sounded the same when doing his American accent. Voice gets deeper and it's just funny, but good. Seriously couldn't do his accent at all. So I shouldn't laugh.
After that was over we laughed that we have been sitting for so damn long and it was getting dark. We don't do that often so it was kind of fun. It felt like we did something bad you know? Made the day even more enjoyable that we felt like we got away with something.
Have any of you heard of Jack Whitehall? Well those in the UK probably have I suppose but any others out there?
I thought he was funny and cute. I also thought he was gay. But then in the stand-up act, he spoke of his girlfriend Gemma. Either way is fine with me, he's cute, a bit skinny but cute and he's funny. As we were watching his shows I mentioned a couple of times that I thought he was cute. Rick suggested I bring him home and fatten him up. My God, that made me laugh out loud. But oh so true. I was not looking at him like ooh baby baby, but more like he needs a good homecooked meal and I need to feed him. My God, I'm old....Pathetic as well aren't I?
But just so you know if it were Gerard Butler, it would be more than food.
Just sayin'.....not that old yet.
10 comments:
You'll have to fight me over Gerald Butler.
I hope lounge pants with elastic legs are coming back. I love them for their warmth and well as them not dragging on the floor.
Jack Whitehall is in the queue now. I wish Bill Burr would do more specials.
Mike, this was not a recommendation. This was just the tale of rick's choices. He's no Bill Burr
My best friend is short. I'm not sure of her height but way under 5'. She buys most of her pants, etc. in the children's department and it works perfectly for her. However, she is big busted so it's back to the grownups for above the waist fit.
Barbara, I wish I could do that in the kids dept. But you saw how damn big I am so no kiddie clothing for me. I'm short but big and heaven knows we short girls always get the big boobs. Why the hell is that?
I think you should go back to Walmart and stock up!
I’m definitely going to give that show a try. Always good to find something that makes you laugh.
Linda, I didn't think it was hysterical but Rick's choice. It was certainly interesting.
Here's to finding pajamas. Pajamas have to be comfortable. I like long pants in the winter but short sleeves. I get hot if the sleeves are long. I can't always find short sleeved winter pjs.
I've never heard of Jack Whitehall.
bellarum, I'm with you on the short sleeves. I just bought bottoms so I can wear a t-shirt. As for Jack whitehall, I never had either and I only watched because those were Rick's choices. They weren't horrible, but neither were they award worthy or a 2nd watch worthy.
Hmm I'll have to check that one out. Just got done watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (don't watch it, you'll hate it)
Post a Comment