This has been a very very long week for me.
I feel like it should have been Friday - 3 days ago!
So instead of a spreadsheet, quarterly taxes, answering phones, dealing with the google pay per click changes I am writing and listening to the Billy Joel Channel.
Ah, I love this man. I love how on this channel of his, he explains how a song came to be. The last one I just heard was, Only The Good Die Young. It started as a reggae song. So he played it on the piano how he originally wrote it, reggae style. Then apparently his drummer said, Look you've never been to Jamaica unless you are talking Jamaica Queens. It's not going to work. So he played several of the renditions they went through. So interesting to see how a song manifests. Then the real song as it was recorded. I didn't know this either, the song was banned in a lot of places. Weird huh? In today's world that is hardly a risque song. Yes, about lust, but it's pretty tame in today's world don't you think?
I hit the back of my heel on a bench at the foot of my bed several months ago. For the most part, the swelling has gone down.
The pain has not gone away.
Rick kept telling me to have an Xray. I didn't think it was broken but he wouldn't let up. Your deductible has been met, so just go. Rick went to this man for something in his foot years ago.
He kept telling me I would love Dr. Shabazz.
OH, MY GOD, I LOVE THIS MAN!!!
He is so jovial. Always smiling and laughing and as warm as can be.
Credentials up the ass as well. I googled him and saw all these reviews about him. I kept thinking he can't be real. Oh, he was real...and wonderful.
He listened to my complaints. He gave me good input, showed me the results of X-rays and sonogram of my heel so I could understand exactly what was going on. We walked through some options and I decided let's be aggressive, let's just do the damn shot.
So I got a cortisone shot in my heel. Oh, let me tell you how horrible that was. Geez, who would have thought? I had them in my shoulder and knee and it was fine. This was so different. And each time he'd say I have to move the needle, I thought I was gonna die! It wasn't broken as Rick was convinced it was. I have a bone spur and I have some inflammation left over from when I hit it. Apparently, this spur was angry after I hit it.
I am just very tired of the burning pain and the inability to rest my foot down on my heel. The little bit of swelling that is left makes it hard to put on some shoes. My favorites sneakers are stretched out so those don't bother me. My other shoes and my nice booties etc can send me through the roof with pain. They are very tight around my heel due to the swelling.
When I told him how all my shoes hurt my heel, he laughed and said to get new shoes and he laughed again. I said, "gee want to write me a prescription to buy more shoes so my husband will understand? He thinks I have too many shoes for a woman with only 2 feet."
Dr. Schabazz laughed and said, "Okay I think I will. That would be funny"
Upon checking out the Doctor gave me 2 prescriptions. One Rx for an anti-inflammatory cream to put on my heel 2x a day. He said I didn't need to come back unless I had a flare-up. (yippee) The second Rx was to get new shoes. See below.
The doctor really did it. (I wish the word LOTS OF was before the word new.)
I laughed and thanked him.
He was laughing and smiling as he said, "I expect to be hearing from Richard."
I laughed and said I'm certain you will. He again went over my follow through and thanked me and that was that.
I am not allowed to do all the walking I do daily until Monday. So on my way home from the doctors, I stopped at Lorrie's to let her know that I can't walk tomorrow. I invited her to come up to my house instead for coffee and coffee cake. This way she will at least walk 3 blocks since I live 3 blocks from her home.
So now I think I may hit Zappos or some such shoe site.
I need more shoes you know.

6 comments:
A bone spur in your heel? A least you won't be drafted.
Not often we get a prescription to buy lots of shoes. I hope he said that in front of Rick or you recorded it. LOL
I had a friend who had her bone spur removed. It too forever before she was off crutches.
OH Jean, I got an actual perscription written on his Rx pad.
It just says New Shoes with padded heel. :-)
Love the prescription, so funny! Most doctors are so boring and dry around here. I usually see the nurse practitioner because she is more down to earth and fun to talk to.
what a great doc!!! :)
It too forever before she was off crutches.
เย็ดสาว
Post a Comment