Monday, October 16, 2017

Movie Weekend

At our home of late, we have watched some really bad movies.
We have been seeing Dustin Hoffman, Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller making their rounds hyping this movie.
I was actually looking forward to this movie because I like all 3 of these men. It was to begin streaming on Netflix this past Friday.

I knew it was a drama, not a comedy. I have liked Adam in dramas like Spanglish so I thought this had promise.
The movie is called The Meyerowitz Stories. Maybe we weren't in the right frame of mind. Maybe we would find it better after a 2nd viewing.
But our first viewing was a real big fat stinker.

Neither of us liked it. Rick would tell you he thought it was so awful he had to get up and leave. He certainly did. He made a big proclamation about how terrible he thought this was and walked outside to his garage.
(yes, I did say HIS garage where is doing some woodwork)

I continued because for me it was a like a car accident. I know I shouldn't look but I couldn't stop looking. It didn't get better and I surely didn't think highly of myself either for sitting through this garbage. What a huge waste of my time. Now you may love it. I was the only person in the world who thought the Royal Tannebaums was lousy. It won awards and I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that.

So save yourself the time and don't bother. The only good thing is I didn't have to get all dressed up and go to the theatre to be disappointed. I was wearing a sweatshirt and a very old pair of sweatpants with holes in them. So that was the only positive note on that movie. Oh and the junior mints. Rick had me fetch him some allergy medication at Walgreens and next to the counter they had all this movie theatre boxed candy. So I got him some Dots and myself some junior mints which were stale. Did that stop me from eating them? Oh hell no, they were still covered in chocolate and I always eat my chocolate.

My boyfriend, Gerry Butler, is in a new movie. But it doesn't look to be my cup of tea. But then again 2 other men who I always enjoy are in it as well, Andy Garcia and Ed Harris, who is great in everything.
It's called Geostorm. Who knows it may be great. After that movie with Dustin Hoffman, anything would be easier to sit through I'm sure. Besides I just stare and drool over Gerry so I may not even need to worry about dialogue and a pesky storyline come to think of it. right?😉

14 comments:

alessandra said...

I never watched the Royal Tanneboums because really I never found it appealing, I trust your taste in movies so I won't try to watch this one either. :D

Silver in AZ said...

I"m looking forward to seeing GeoStorm this weekend because I love weather disaster movies' CGI. LOL

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Alessandra - oh you may not wish to go by me. You should make your own decision on movies. But if you stop by we can watch one together and I'll make the popcorn. :-)

Silver - I don't care for CGI movies. I prefer real life, talky kinds of things. Like the old black and whites. I am proud to say I have never seen a Star Wars either. :-) I know you're gasping.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I never heard of Royal Tanneboums or Meyerowitz Stories. But I love Gerald Bulter but not all his movies. My favorite is The Ugly Truth. I wish he'd do more romantic comedies.

alessandra said...

I know, and I do, but it seems we have a similar taste. I wish we were closer!
And I've never seen Star Wars either.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, my favorite Gerry movie is P.S.I love you. I also loved Harry Connick in that movie.
I have watched that many times. My sister and friends told me the reason I like it so much is that character he plays is my husband. So maybe that is why. :-)

Alessandra, I too wish I was closer!!

Olga said...

Oh, I just watched that movie last night and it was painfully bad in my opinion too. And I watched Old Souls at Night(which you had mentioned would be streaming) a couple weekends ago . . . with a date who asked me why I wanted to watch it. I thought I wouldn't be seeing him again, if choice in movies was going to be a factor.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, did you like Souls at Night? I did not, but liked it far more than Meyerowitz Stories.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Oh my gosh, I forgot about P.S. I Love you! I have a copy of it and watch it at least once a year.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, now you've met my husband😁

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Similar to how I felt about "You before Me", which did not have a happy flowers and rainbows kind of ending. I was really pissed about it. Then later I watched "Gimme Shelter", and although the end was better, it was still a downer. I think I'm on a downhill roll.....hahaha

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's - I have not seen either of these. The later, I doubt I would want to sit through. I am just over the depressing right now. Our world is depressing. I want to feel good and or laugh a bit. I don't mind a good cry but not depressing. Know what I mean?

Julie H said...

Haha I watched it last weekend too! It was pretty boring but I totally laughed out loud when he tried to hit the car with a stick and the stick broke. Best part of the whole movie.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, I laughed with that stick / car too. Next week starts Stranger things so hopefully that will be good again.