Thursday, October 19, 2017

Damn Commericals

We have an election here in November.
I can not wait for it to be over.
My goodness, I despise the political commercials!

And don't get me started on all the knocks on my door.
The other day I told the young man I did indeed know the person he was representing. I also said I get his transportation updates via email. However, I will not be voting for him or anyone associated with this embarrassment of a leader in the free world. He nodded and said, Yes that's what I am hearing. I said, Good and shut my door.

I avoid the news when I can but I can't get away from it all.
Yesterday as I was listening to music a banner came across my screen to tell me there had been another mass shooting. 
Apparently, this man who has a right to have a gun and shoot up people did just that at his former workplace.
He killed 3 people who apparently pissed him off at his job at the business center and injured several more.
He has the right though to have a gun and use it.
We don't have the right to feel safe at work though.

I think it's a good thing I work alone. 

10 comments:

Olga said...

I wrote a poem about all these shootings on my other blog. It ended with:

Bow your heads in reverence.
Honor all these dead,
ripped from life
in service of the
sacred right
to bear arms.

Mike said...

It's probably a good thing you can't shoot people over the phone.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sadly Perfect Olga.
How did I miss that? Glad you were spared from the storms in Florida btw.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That too Mike.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I hadn't heard about that shooting. They are getting too common. It's like we are just accepting them like a fact of life. And it is a fact of life for people under 25 or 30 who have not known it any other way. I hate to use the word "sad" these days but it is very sad and not in the Trump sad way.

Barbara said...

I'm with you Sister.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, just think about how many we don't hear about. This was in Maryland, so sort of local for me. Near D.C.

Silver in AZ said...

We have double locked doors that we have to use key fobs to get past, and no one, including ex employees can get in without a current employee allowing them access with them and a visitor badge. Been this way for 10 years. They are very safety oriented.

Ami said...

I bought these stickers on Amazon and turned them into signs for my front door. https://smile.amazon.com/5-5X5-5-Adhesive-Soliciting-Solicitors-Waterproof/dp/B06ZZDFKXH/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1508469979&sr=8-6&keywords=no+soliciting+sticker

Even my best friend doesn't knock on my door without letting me know she's coming.

If a political person knocks on the door, my husband isn't nice. In fact, he's rude. Which is fine with me, I hate being bothered at home.

Until we stop letting crazy people run around loose, we're not going to solve much of anything. Sane people don't do shit like that.

Julie H said...

It's too bad someone at work didn't have a gun to stop him. I sit right in line with the counter at work and have thought about that quite a bit. Although I'm sure someone who worked here wouldn't come through the front door.