Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Rant - be warned.

I try not to delve too much into politics here. 
I want to keep it up and not be ugly. But I'm gonna be ugly.
It gets harder and harder in our world. We have a "leader" who is not only stupid but ignorant. Actually, those 2 words aren't strong enough.

His vile remarks about Puerto Rico made me cringe. Did someone not think to inform him that Puerto Rico is an American Territory and they are part of America? Is he really that stupid? Yes, that was rhetorical, he is that stupid! Bet he was surprised to find they have the same currency.
I'm certain he didn't know it without being told first.  
There are 16 territories Mr. President, read a history book!

Don't tell him the US Virgin Islands are called that because they are part of the US. His little orange head will explode. He probably thinks we just put the US in front of Virgin Islands because we like to go there and it's us, not U.S. Yeah he's that dumb. 
We have hate and horror all around us. (The orange idiot feeds the fire.)

I don't go to the movies anymore because of our last time there we were warned about ducking if we hear a loud noise, note where the escape exits are etc. A full 10 minutes of this before the previews didn't make us comfortable.
So we pay a bit more for television programming so we can see movies.
Now a concert? What next? Will I become a homebody? Yea, that too is rhetorical, I will and I am becoming that way and I hate it. 

One thing that was said over and over again yesterday, he didn't fit the profile. Yes, he did. He is a white male. (generally well off as well)
That is the profile of these mass killers. Columbine? white males. 
Sandy Hook? white male. Vegas, white male. 
And not the time to discuss this one talking head said? Really? Wanna wait until your loved one is dead? After your kid burns the house down with matches would you tell him then to not do that again? Or is that not the time?  As the meme says, "It might help focus members of Congress's minds on gun control legislation if we removed the metal detectors from the Capitol Building."

I saw this below from a country music singer who was playing at this concert.
I'm sorry it took this event for him to get it. But thankful he was brave enough to say this out loud. I'm sure his cronies are not happy about it.

sorry - had to repeat a couple of lines to get the rest of this.



Look I don't get the need for guns. Never will, Period. I don't hunt, there are grocery stores now. I don't need to have a gun because you will use that gun and generally not for good. People who tell me it is for safety never use it for safety. That has been proven time and time again.
If you think you need a gun, why more than one? There is no good answer for that.  However, in this stupid land you have the right to have one. Automatic weapon? No reason for this what so ever.  If these assholes think it's so cool, sign up, go to Afghanistan or Iraq, go use your little guns to your heart's content. And don't get me started on the growing number of white 30-40 somethings who never fought for anything in their entitled life except they want firearms. For what reason?  To feel safe? To feel safe in their white, entitled comfortable life?  This isn't a video game that they are used to firing!  Perhaps you need socialization more than a gun. Volunteer somewhere to help the people that have been senselessly hurt by guns. Do something good for the world.

I could go on and on but I won't. I am exhausted by our world. I am saddened by our world and most of the people in it.  It's getting easier to be misanthropic for me. Jimmy speaks of it well. 

8 comments:

alessandra said...

I never wanted a gun, I abhor violence, I'm all for love and peace, but lately I must say I've been worried, I use public transport because I don't drive and really I'm afraid of terrorists they seem to be everywhere, so for a while I thought if I had a gun at least I could defend myself.
But you are right, more guns lead to more violence, period.
When will the world be a better place?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Alessandra, I understand all that you say here.If you find that place, I will move with you☺

Olga said...

Jimmy was so hard to watch and so standing in the truth.

linda said...

It is so upsetting.
Just terrible.
Linda

Barbara said...

I am a rape survivor. In the rape group meetings I found out that NONE of the women who had guns in the drawer beside their bed, etc. were able to get to them/use them to protect themselves. So I decided then that the risk of having a gun in the house with children was not worth the risk to their lives. But now, as you said, it is the white men with their toys that we have to worry about.

Julie H said...

I read this book called 77 days in September that got me thinking about owning and learning how to use a gun. Otherwise I have never wanted to own one. We have one that is not loaded hidden away so the kids can't play with it (also it can't be used for any kind of arming ourselves the way it is right now). I don't really believe in not being allowed to have guns (probably the one thing I sway from being a liberal lol). I do think that assault weapons shouldn't even be made unless it's for the military. I can't think of a good use for those.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie. being republican is one thing. being a trump supporter is all together a different thing.

UplayOnline said...

I will move with you☺


เย็ดสาว