Hope you all had a nice 4th. I don't think America deserved a birthday party but that's just me of course.
Ours was quiet if you don't count the hillbilly neighbors shooting off their fireworks. I had to laugh when I saw a meme that said to buy your fireworks from the guy with one eye and 3 fingers - he has the best ones! Good point!
It rained, it poured, trees fell, lightning struck, and skies lit up.
Apparently putting my toes in the sand and laying in a lawn chair wasn't to be for me. It was a good idea, maybe this week.
As I told Rick, the year I'm having I'm just glad lighting did not hit our house or me!
It was so overcast all morning and we decided, who cares, I'm sitting somewhere else, let's go. We packed up the car. We were about 5 minutes from the lake when the skies opened. We just began to laugh. We drove to the parking lot and sat there watching all the people scurry to their cars.
I said maybe it'll be quick and we can go as soon as it stops.
We sat there and had some cantelope in the car. We just laughed and talked about how this just figures with my luck.
I suggested we just go home. Rick asked if I was sure. Oh, I was sure.
By the time we were home, it had stopped but more was on its way.
So we settled in to watch a ball game. I was okay with that except we lost. Thankfully I fell asleep before the end so I didn't have to watch the pain and agony of defeat.
I swear to God I wrote about this video below but can I find it?
Hell, no I can not.
***I'm blaming it on the meds. It says so in the 3 pages of side effects they give you when you pick up your meds. Yes, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. If you take the meds with me you won't remember if you saw it before.🤣
Anyhoo, after watching this we actually went through our roladex of friends of both races. This applied and it made us laugh.
I sent this to my friend whose dog is named Cocoa. She howled at this!
Now, just telling you her dog's name you now know her race if you watched this video.
I dare you to watch this and not think about your black and white friend's dogs' names from now on.
Here is a new bowl Rick made. There is a small crack in the epoxy on the inside and while it has been fixed and it won't break he can't sell it with the crack since it is still visible. I don't think you or anyone would even find it. Not on the outside, inside. But because of this, I get to keep something.
It's heavy too. 4.17lbs and it's 10 x 4. So I am using it as the best-looking fruit bowl I've ever had.
BEFORE
AFTERSWe also did some canning of our plum tomatoes. Then I napped. LOL.
Well, that was exhausting you know.
We received a letter from social security on Friday stating that Rick's paperwork to cancel Part B was received and he will not have part B. WHAT?
After several hours on the phone that day, we came to realize they put Rick's ss# on another guy's form. The cover sheet was Rick's info, the man that signed it was someone different and the name she tells me is not even remotely close. Dear Lord. So she said she would expedite this up to the emergency department. They won't be back until Tuesday but maybe Wednesday. Great. Rick can't get hit by a bus until after we get this fixed.
I imagine I will spend the 5th on the phone getting frustrated with Social Security.
But I just want it rectified.
I will tell you that the first person I called was so nasty she told me this was canceled because we didn't pay. Before I could explain she went off on non-payment like I was a piece of white trash. I tried to interrupt but she got louder. When she was done she got the wrath of Sick Margaret, not Nice Peggy.
I told her that if she would have LISTENED TO ME she would know that this had nothing to do with non-payment. I reread the letter to her. Ooh, she says, you need to speak to this person, and before I could say a thing I was on hold again waiting for someone. She could have at least said, "gee I'm sorry, let me get you to the right dept." Oh man, people are just so damn rude today.
Megamillion is a nice amount.
If I win I can then tell everyone to BLANK OFF.
Man, wouldn't that be fun? Rick said, "I dare you!"
He said, "Sick Margaret would do it, but if you aren't sick you just talk big."
Oh yeah? Shit, he's right I don't like the thought of stooping to their level or behaving like that, but it's sure fun to think about it. 😁
*** P.S. - definition - Chemo brain is a common term used by cancer survivors to describe thinking and memory problems that can occur during and after cancer treatment. Chemo brain can also be called chemo fog, cancer-related cognitive impairment, or cognitive dysfunction.Feb 2, 2021






17 comments:
The thing that pisses me off the most about feckin' government bureaucrats are that we overpay them and they do substandard shit work that would have them fired in the private sector.
When someone calls your house for Rick and he's out woodworking, you can say he's bowling! Hahaha! Get it? BOWLing!!!
Sorry your vacation didn't work the way it was supposed to, because SHIT SHIT SHIT it's not fair, you have had more than your fair share of crap this year.
Re your previous post.. why do we, as humans, downplay our 'stuff' when everyone's pain is valid. Why waste time on comparisons to others? Just acknowledge your (generic you) friend is hurting and do what you can to ease them. To let them know you care.
"At least it's not cancer".... what kind of asshole says shit like that??? Send me a phone number and I'll be happy to give them a call. I am not kidding.
(((Hugs)))
Back luck is following you like a cloud isn't it. Sorry about your mini vacation. All the more reason to try again.
I tried to comment on your last post but couldn’t. Just want you to know that even if I don’t respond to your posts I look forward to reading them…and know that you are going through a shite time!
Yeah, kind of hard to be celebrating and flag waving these days. That is quite the transformation of tree stump to fruit bowl so let's celebrate that instead.
Ami, I owe you an email. And I mentioned to Rick about 'bowling He loved it and when he went out to the shop I ask where he was going (he isnt out there after dinner normally) and he said bowling. I think you created a monster now!
Jean, you got it. I'm hoping this week!
Hi Irene, welcome!!❣️
Olga, agreed!😄
What were they doing with Rick's info to begin with? Was it just lying around? Hey! Here's somebody's name we can use!
"Rain, Videos, and a Bowl." That sounds like a random April day from the 80s.
I laughed so hard this morning about the dogs name. Wow, Rick is amazing. Before a piece of wood and after that beautiful bowls. Keep getting better Peg. I'm thinking about you every day.
Cruisin Paul
That was a funny video. Mighty Dog took me out of the solid white category. Callie put me right back in:)
I am stunned at that tree stump Rick transformed into such a neat bowl. The man is a magician.
So sorry your beach day got rained out. Bummer.
Hey, if you win the Megamillion you can just hire someone to handle the idiots.
Just want you to know that I do believe and understand what you are going thru. I also know that it sucks!
Please just get better and believe that you will get better.
Rick does beautiful work,
I had a year like your current one in 2019. I kept saying, next year will be better and we all know how that worked out. Ha! But seriously, it will get better! Hang in there! Vent all you want and I agree with what Ami said about those passive-aggressive "at least it's not cancer" busybodies!
Mike, good question! We think it's resolved as of today. I will wait and see. Not easy getting them to respond either. Fun, fun, fun.
Tony, OMG after you wrote this I realized it sure does sound like any random day in the 80s. ...tee hee. When MTV played videos and bowls were not for fruit! :-)
Paul, I loved that you actually watched the video. I think it's so damn funny. Yes, Rick really is talented. I'm getting better every day! Thx.
Patti, I loved that you and Paul watched this video. It made us laugh a lot. And all f Rick's dogs were human names. Yes, Rick is pretty talented for never being taught this but just decided one day he could do this. I hope to wake up to a talent before I die. :-)
Unknown, thanks for coming by and commenting. Rick does do good work. I will tell him because he doesn't hear it much from others just me.
Bobi, I'm sorry about your 2019 year. But boy I understand!
I do want to just say re: your previous post....all of us bloggers love you, have hope for you, and darn it! wish we could bring food (that you could actually eat!) and a gentle hug that lets you know. We love you...we wish the best for you in this journey of healing. I agree, I wouldn't do another year either.
Yes, Rick's "Adventures in Bowling" (thanks Ami) are improving all the time. Wow, some of them have just been amazing.
I haven't yet gone to the USPS to put in my application for my passport, but when I do....well, maybe you remember the issue with my Mom's name. Screw them. I've changed my Mom's name :-) Part of that is because of the way the lady in Louisiana treated me. Like I was interrupting her damn coffee.
Sending love and strength (which you have plenty of, I know!!) and also just so you know I read you too ☺️
Crossing fingers that this period may be over soon and that you get some nice weather to sit next to a lake
Jade (your Belgian follower)
Post a Comment