Yes, it's been a while hasn't it?
I'm doing well. In fact last week I was vertical all damn day long. :-)
Not having the steroids daily is fantastic.
It's too damn hot right now to do anything. Always living in the north when I see the sun and do not need a parka then I feel one must be outside. But my life is upside down now. I know it logically but I have to tell you there is still guilt about being indoors in the summer. But I think I wanna stay here inside until it's at least 80 degrees out....I'm thinking that will be in late Sept/early October. I think I need a swimming pool.
Rick sent me this today from the garage.
I went out to the garage to see him for a mere minute, and water dripped down my back. Okay wanted to see the purple thing he was working on but don't want to stay out here. Nope - going inside Big Guy. I can love you from inside with air conditioning. You're on your own out here.
I hobbled as fast as I could back to the house. Wow.
I was in the house for a full 2 minutes at best when he sent this damn meme to me. It did make me laugh. I don't understand how he can still be in the garage at 101 degrees and still be working. It was actually a pleasure to be indoors washing dishes and doing laundry.
After 2.5 hrs he decided he couldn't take anymore either.
He came inside and showered. He immediately proceeded to take a nap. So the heat wiped him out apparently. 😁
I don't see him getting much work done until fall at this rate.
Yesterday I got a text from a cousin in Tampa. It was such a nice surprise and a fun conversation. I no sooner put down my phone than I hear it ding again. It's a cousin that lives in Washington state.
What is this cousin's day?
Then later in the evening, I get a text from my cousin Steve with 3 other people in the picture attached. He is in my hometown. I know the other couple but the woman on the right looked to me to be my Uncle's first wife Phyllis. This uncle I am referring to is on my stepmom's side of the family, not Steve/my dad's side. Got that? I have not seen her in 42+ years.
So I write back to my cousin and ask who that is. Sure enough, it's her.
That is when you know the city is too small. If I dated up there I'd be hitting on a relative or a person someone connected to my family. Not safe to date up there I'll tell ya. That was a flash from the past. What I want to know is why the hell she looks exactly the same and I look 40+ years older?
My foot/ankle is not getting better. It's been a few weeks since the ortho told me it was broken and well it is what it is. Apparently, that was all there was to this. When I told him where it hurt he told me, "It shouldn't"
He told me this twice. I gave up talking to him.
What the hell kind of healing is that? So I am doing nothing. I am in such pain at times. The burning is up my heel to mid-calf. Excruciating burning.
I did not wear a boot on Monday and that night I was in such pain. So the boot is back on no matter how hot it is.
I was to follow up with this ortho but why? To tell me it shouldn't hurt anymore? I swear it is tendons and Achilles pain and no one wants to listen to me because they are seeing a break. Aargh! I canceled my follow-up with the ortho/Wally Cox. He was an idiot if you ask me and I don't see the need to pay him to tell me it shouldn't hurt on the outside of my foot or my heel. I then made an appt with the podiatrist. I think that is what I need. We shall see. God I'm sick of doctors. I LOVED my podiatrist up north. I told Rick if I can't get answers I'd rather drive up there at this point. Any excuse to go to the land of book-smart folks.
I expressed my need for a pedicure to Rick. I said I'd love one before I see the podiatrist. He laughed at that. I said, "I don't wish to be like those gross people you watch on that show, 'My Feet Are Killing Me.' Those people are so gross. He laughed and said, "I don't think anyone would say that to you even without a freshly done pedicure" I would hope not!
Have you seen that gross show? No? Then good for you!
I walk into the room and see things and immediately leave.
One night he said, "Oh you got to see this woman's feet" Oh no I don't!
I heard enough to make me vomit why would I wish to look? So I never did look. I just left the room. How he can watch this is anyone's guess. The story of this woman was she never took off her boot. Yes, a full knee-high boot! TWO YEARS! She never took it off once it was put on after a surgery. She bathed with it and never took it off !!!! Never dried it, never washed it, just took a shower with it on and left it there for 2 friggin' years but now there is a stench coming from that general vicinity she says.
After 2 years there was a stench. Gee, ya think? Just imagine that will ya!
The doctor's office wore masks to hid them from the smell. They had to close the office and burn incense and candles it was so bad. The skin was coming off her feet from infections. She may lose her foot. Who would not clean themselves in 2 years? And then to bathe with the boot and never dry? Oh my goodness, I had heard enough! The female doctor in this is so kind and she puts people at ease but how she doesn't yell at them is beyond me! Although Rick said she did one day to a man whose wife told her that he doesn't dry his feet after he showers. She gave him hell and that was the reason for the issue he was having. She's pretty isn't she? I give her mad props, couldn't do what she does!
So I imagine even without getting a fresh pedicure my normal nails and feet will look like heaven to my podiatrist in comparison to that sick and twisted shit Rick watches. Do you watch this stuff too?

17 comments:
Never heard of that 'foot' show and I don't think I want to see it. That woman who didn't take a boot off for two years has got a screw loose.
Your day of cousins reminds me of what I do. I hate making phone calls so when I'm finally in the mood (which happens maybe once every 12 weeks) I'll call everyone I want to touch bases with.
Jean, you made me laugh out loud. 'She has a screw loose' she must live alone too because the smell would be awful.
Wow. I will not look for that show. Probably. Glad to hear from you. Good luck with a new foot dr. And we tried the snorex and it helps! Thank you. Olivia
Olivia, I am happy to hear it worked for you too. (snorex) And yes, do yourself a favor and do not look for this show!
I found a link to an article but no video. There was a picture!
https://meaww.com/my-feet-are-killing-me-season-4-episode-3-dr-ebonie-vincent-patient-slammed-on-the-internet
Yuck, on the foot show of which I've, happily, never heard.
The story that the woman with the 2-year-old boot might be enlightening. Surely, she did that out of ignorance?!
The doc is behond pretty. She is a classic beauty. Evidently, she also has a lot of beauty inside her head.
Good luck in dealing with the heat. We can't look forward to much in the way of cooler summers, I fear.
So glad you are getting a new Doc. Wally has to go. He obviously doesn't know how to help you.
Yikes on that woman with the boot. She had to live alone and if she had a dog, it would keep trying to roll on her foot.
Got a feeling Rick isn't watching for the ugly feet but for the cute Dr.
Hope we all get a heat break. I feel like a prisoner. No way I am going out in 100+ heat.
I have never seen that show...and after your description of the woman who didn't take her boot off for 2 years, I never will. How stupid. I don't understand why anyone would do anything like that.
It has been in the 102-104 range for the last 4 days here. This is not a normal situation for us. "Normally" (what ever that is) it might go into the mid 90s. Because we have an evaporative cooler, the best we can expect is 20-25% reduction of heat. So, yeah, it's around 78-80 degrees in our house. I can't wait until fall/winter.
Mike, they should flogg that gross woman. I even asked Rick if she was mentally challenged and his response was, "not the way you want her to be but something isn't right here!" That just made me laugh and didn't answer a thing.
Cop, Yea this doctor is a cutie and she does a lot of operations apparently on the show - or enough of them - because Rick loves that shit. No thank you.
Patti, I'm thinking that 2022 has to go too, along with ole Wally. :-)
Not been my finest year.
Yvonne, I assume you have an evaporative cooler to save the planet. Which is a lovely thought. I, on the other hand, are the reason we need to save the planet. I am the devil when it comes to central air. I can not live without A/C. I am spoiled. My father installed it so growing up we had it in our home. Only 1 apartment did not have A/C and I vowed after living there for 2 yrs I would NEVER again live without A/C. The more you use the AC the more the planet needs cooling. See how bad I am? I can not fathom living in the desert and not having central air. I sound like a snotty khardashian or something don't I? LOL Sadly for me, this isn't a heat wave, this is the new normal. 100's for weeks to come they say. I love fall.
For the love of fat bassets, that show sounds awful and I might have to watch a YouTube clip. I should mention that I also find the stuff the pimple popper doctor squeezes so gross but I still like to watch. What is wrong with me? Good luck with the foot and keeping cool. A podiatrist saved me. I kept getting diagnosed with plantar fasciitis but it was actually nerve damage. He got me into a custom orthotic and he has been healing up nicely.
Mr Shife, it must be a guy thing to watch these shows. Whatever it is, it's not a Peg thing😁
Good to hear you're podiatrist helped you.🤞I'm shooting for the same
Ok that sounds disgusting.
Ugh that doctor sounds like an idiot I hope the podiatrist can help you. It is too hot here too I don't do anything outside right now.
Is there such a thing as a medical foot massage? After my car wreck the muscles were in knots and the messages helped me more than the pills they wanted me to take. Surely your feet have muscles that get taxed and twisted. I could be wrong but sounds like something worth checking out.
Barbara any type of massage sounds wonderful to me however I can barely touch my foot/heel area so I would NEVER allow anyone to massage me.
Post a Comment