I know I've mentioned before that the local news is a crap shot of interesting folks. One channel has a nice-looking woman who looks very mean and stern all the time. She is young and boy she looks pissed off. Rick calls her resting bitch face but it's meaner than that. She is scary, yet pretty. If she ever smiled I fear it would just be a sinister smile.
The men dress well enough. But they have a lot of very overweight weather and newscasters. One guy insists on buttoning his jacket and I want to tell him it's not hiding his belly because the buttons are pulling and your eyes go right to this so no hiding is taking place mister TV reporter. They would never allow a fat woman on the air. Go think about it - ever seen one? See a shit ton of fat guys though, don't you? These guys down here are B-I-G.
The women are all young and dress like they are out clubbing.
The other morning once again Rick says, did you get a load of what so and so was wearing this morning? Yes, I did indeed. Wasn't it a bit slutty for morning news? I laughed and said it was a bit slutty for any occasion unless you wish to look slutty. So maybe that's her thing and her boss doesn't mind. I find it off-putting. I don't hear anything because I am wondering if she has panties on under that dress. Rick says, "Hey that's what I'm thinking"
I laughed, as usual, knowing full well he was thinking that but in a far different context than I was.
Speaking of childish.
We were watching a TV show last night and a commercial came on.
The commercial was for diabetes but for some reason, Rick thought it was for psoriasis.
One of the symptoms was said quickly.
Said so quickly we both went, "what did he say" and we began laughing.
So we rewound it and put on closed captions. That's what he said.
Then we paused it to read the side effects of small print on the screen.
Sure enough, you could get an infection in your "taint" (perineum)
OMG.
We laughed so hard. Although If I had one I wouldn't find it funny at all.
Then my crazy hubby says, "well isn't that the medicine our friend is on? Did she mention to you if she had an infected taint?"
Now I am laughing so hard I can't respond. NO Richard she did not mention this to me because this is not what she takes.
Once he heard the word "taint" he was off and running.
Finally, I remind him that our friend has psoriasis and this medication is for diabetes. Then like Emily Latella's character on SNL, he says, "Oh never mind"
In the meantime, I was still howling with laughter.
The man is a sick puppy but I love that I got my dose of belly laughs in last night.
13 comments:
I love when I laugh hard. Clears my mind right up and makes the rest of the day so much more manageable. Olivia
What TV station? Is she Molly Grantham?
Olivia, I agree.
Mike, I live in raleigh. I googled this person and 1. She's in Charlotte. 2. This woman is far older.
I wonder what drug you have to take to battle an infected taint? And I can't wait to hear the commercials for THAT one!
BTW, when are we ever going to hear warnings about side effects that are beneficial. Like, "In some cases, patients have noticed improved singing voices and better driving ability."
The side effects always seem to be stuff like "infected taint, loose stools, and occasional night blindness."
Laughter I find is the best thing to one to get well. When my neighbors come over, all we seem to do is laugh at ourselves and others around us. When they go home I feel so good that we have enjoyed with one another.
Cruisin Paul
OMG so that is what that little area is called? Side effects are mind boggling. I often can see no reason to take the drugs as the side effects are worse than the disease.
All the laughter you two enjoyed was beneficial and no side effects.
Bluzdude, I wonder what type of drugs you'd take to battle that as well. All I know is Rick would probably tell me to rub it on if it were a cream. And yes, side effects that make me taller, skinnier, younger vs an infected taint.
Paul, laughter is always the best medicine in my life. I'm glad you have people you can laugh like hell with it. Nothing better.
Patti, Rick says the same thing, he'll take his chances with the disease over the majority of these drugs. I've learned that should I get cancer chemo will not be taken!!
:-)
Patti,
The way I heard it, it's so named because it's situated between two things.. 'taint one thing and it 'taint the other.
I know this is late but been on vacation and catching up!
Have you seen the commercial for period panties - with the mother? Look it up it is so funny!!
April, I just posted a blog to show up tomorrow with that video. I guess we are on the same page. It cracked me up too. My husband went, Oooh really. YES! Hope vacation was good.
bluz, thank you for your definition.
Dang. I'm going to have to check my taint out to make sure I'm safe. I'll let you and Rick know if there is any problem.
OH Barbara I almost lost my coffee on this comment. you're a hoot.
Post a Comment