Rick no longer has a fever and is feeling pretty good. We have taken the test twice and apparently, he has a normal cold or something. Odd.
I only have a killer headache. The fatigue is no different than any other day. How would I know? LOL
We dodged that bullet I suppose. It's the worst headache I've ever had in my life that wasn't a migraine. But today it is mild and I can take Tylenol and live with it just fine.
This area I now live in has had an enormous uptick in covid.
When I am done with these damn medicines I don't think I'll have the same fear. My eye doctor's constant fear-inducing conversations with me about what bad things could happen to me have gotten to me - Obviously!
It is Sunday. We got a cool spell and it feels like fall. A wonderful reprieve from 90s and high humidity. I love the 70s, in weather that is.
It has been stormy for days. I admit I do enjoy the rain and the clouds for a bit. My weeds are growing so rapidly. 😉
I have been extremely homesick this past month. I so miss N.VA. I know it will get easier but right now I am longing to be up north for many reasons.
The people, the activities, the mentality, the food options, friends and very nice neighbors, etc. I don't even meet people I'd want to see again.
I have one nice older neighbor but that's it. I keep telling myself, 2 years and this will feel like home. But if being honest, I don't see it ...yet.
It feels how Seattle felt to me, just not quite right.
I hope it works itself out.
Goldilocks,' just right', is what I wanted, more than just 'not quite right.' LOL
Rick is feeling it too. Oh well. At least there is no damn traffic here.
And we are in the same boat. He is my home so where ever he is I'll be fine. Just missing my tribe so to speak.
We had satellite TV for 25 yrs up north. We loved it. Everyone always talked about rain causing issues. We never had that. Snow would build up and we'd have to take the broom outside our 2nd-floor bedroom window and brush it off the satellite dish. But that was once a year. No biggie.
Since living here we've had a lot of issues with the TV. Last night during a baseball game we kept getting "rained out" by our satellite dish.
We wonder why this never happened to us before. We are thinking perhaps where the dish is located here vs where it was located up north. Hmm....
If that isn't it, we sure don't know why the difference.
Then there is the internet. We had Verizon FiOS. Fast as lightning.
Never went down and we loved it. Can't get fiber optics here. We are barely above dial-up. The only option was Spectrum. We bought the highest speed we could get. It does not compare to FIOS. They are horrific in service and product. It goes out a lot and when we call they tell us we aren't out. We asked them to send someone to see that we are out. Last call Rick took a pic of our equipment while on the phone with the guy to show him we were out. "Oh" was all he said. Makes for streaming movies and shows a lot of fun. Rick is cussing at the tv and to anyone who wishes to listen, apparently, he thinks this will help. Not a great strategy.
As soon as something else becomes available, which they threaten us will happen due to all the growth, we are stuck with Spectrum. It was our only option. But Spectrum sucks. They are always trying to get me to use their Cable TV too. Gee as much as your internet is down I don't think I wish to try your TV services, I'll stay with satellite thank you.
We are also having issues with our TV signal that once again in 25 yrs we've never dealt with. Dish has sent someone out here 3 times now.
We even got a new hopper (box) Helped some, but weird shit is still going on. The guy actually said, "do you have poltergeists?"
Now we have both said that to one another and laughed it off.
Being asked this by the Dish Man was odd.
We laughed and said, "frankly it's happened to us at another house and we thought maybe, but we're hoping that is not the case."
Then he proceeds to show us how all things are working.
"Yep, we know but you also saw how it doesn't work sometimes."
"Yes, he said, that is why I asked my question, it should be just fine."
But it's not fine and off he goes to someone else's home without odd issues and we have had nothing changed or fixed. We are learning to live with it.
I wish I could see these damn ghosts like on the TV Show Ghosts. That would at least be fun. I'd beg 'em to stop messing with my electronics, that's for sure!
And lastly this week. Rick can now get into my office. No need to step over this or that. There are still a couple of piles in the corner I need to find a place for but overall it's done, things have been tossed from up north.
Yes, I closed down a business but a lot of it came with us. I had files of things needing to be shredded and some things to go through and determine if we must keep or we can toss. Most thankfully got tossed.
He came into what I have made into an office Sunday morning and sat in my favorite leather chair.
He said, "you've made this a nice lady cave for yourself."
Oh yes, a lady cave where the bills are paid and blog posts are written.
He said, "Oh c'mon when your eye is better don't tell me you aren't going to be in this leather chair with your coffee, or wine and devouring a book"
Okay, you're right mister.😁 And I can't wait for that day!
He asked me about the blog. I said it is what it is.
I told him I'd like to change the header since we no longer have that big house on the lake, the dog, brown hair or even the boat we used to have (not like in the photo)
He laughed and said, "Yep it may be time."
Then he asked some questions.
I suggested, "Maybe you should read the blog and find out."
He laughs and repeats to me, "I just feel like it's your space and I'd be eavesdropping"
I asked when that ever bothered him.
Oh how he laughed at that and just said, "point taken smart ass"
I told him that I did write about him not reading me once.
That made him feel better.
"You write about me being a jerk more often though, don't you?"
"No, never, when are you a jerk Rick?"
"Maybe I should read you and have rebuttals."
"Oh my God, that'd be so funny. Like you do to me on Facebook? I hate it but they are funny."
He won't. But it'd sure be funny if he did.
12 comments:
Ah, yes....the symptoms match, you figure you're in for it, then the next day....nada. I am glad, not just for you but for Rick too. I would feel so guilty if I let my guard down and brought home a virus my partner can't handle.
I tested positive on 6/29, took 4 1/2 days of the anti-virals, then had the 2 day migraine, and then low and behold I freaking tested positive again. I am really sick of all this. I just want to get better so I can play racquetball, go to lunch with friends, and go to church again. I have things planned for next week, and I want to test again, but I'm afraid to...
Yvonne, did you go to the dr to get the drug to help you faster. It begins with a P. I don't recall now. If we had it we were going to do that. I would need all the help I could get. I hope you are back to racquet ball sooner, all that decluttering needs to step aside for some court time!
Glad to hear this. Hope he feels better.
I had a terrible migraine when I got covid with a visual aura, not fun. But I'm still alive so I'm not complaining.
I need to change my header too, although I still love my bling it gives the impression I'm about 18 years old, which may give the wrong image. :D
So glad he doesn't have Covid but what he does have could give you grief also. Do be careful you two.
Sorry though that you are not adjusting to the new area yet. Maybe you will find your tribe when you feel better and are done with this brutal treatment for Betty. I use to have migraines so I feel for you having that terrible headache. Glad you are at least in the Tylenol range.
I had Spectrum TV, phone and internet at my other house and it NEVER went down but it cost a fortune and was our only real option. Here they have a dish TV and it's effected big time by the weather but it's free so I get by with a lot of Netflix. I would be so frustrated, too, if I had to go back to bad internet service, though. So far, our free service works great and is reliable.
Gotta keep reminding yourself why you moved south and hopefully, you'll get used to the slower pace and lack of the things you miss most. You've dealt with so many health issues since moving that you really haven't had a chance to adapt to the culture yet to learn to appreciate what it does have to offer. Everything is a trade off.
I've heard of people testing negative at home but positive for the other test so maybe still a possibility.
Sounds like us with our crappy internet. I need to call and cancel our Direct TV since Scott is the only one that watches it and he's not here hardly at all anymore.
Glad it's not Covid! That's all you need at this point.
Spectrum is awful and when you need customer service, it's enough to make you crazy. I won't go into our issues with them, but suffice to say we're working on another option when our "introductory" pricing runs out this month.
Moving and adjusting is hard and I find it harder the older I get. We only moved about 13 miles, but I miss the end of town I lived in and drive there regularly. It's an adjustment for sure.
Hope, you understand Spectrum. When I mention to folks we have that now they are go, "oh I'm sorry, can't you get "insert anything else" So it appears across the board it's bad.
Julie, You don't watch TV? only scott?
Jean, it's not the pace, it's the damn hillibillies, the rednecks, the low brow, etc. I love the no traffic. I love the weather. I love living on one floor. But to adapt to a culture would mean there is some.
Patti, yes the tylenol has taken the edge off - not completely gone away but it helped!
LL, you mean you're not 18? Okay 22? 😁
Jamie, thanks!!
I only watch on my laptop or my phone. I can't sit in the living room it makes me fall asleep lol
Homesickness is a very real disease. I am suffering from it and it does not seem to improve.
Roberta, Oh I am sorry. I hope it will improve for us both!! soon.
Post a Comment