I got a bill for my water and it stated I had over paid so I had a +3.10 credit. That was my full bill as of July 1.
Imagine my surprise when a man showed up today and turned us off. Honest to goodness the shit keeps hitting the fan. Because I went to bed at 6am I did not hear anyone come to our door and ring a bell if they even did.
Rick was out for his morning walk. I woke up at 8:30am and went to the kitchen to make coffee. Saw Rick's note telling me he was out walking.
The Keurig had water in it already. So I did not notice anything.
I even went to the bathroom and flushed and noticed nothing. Guess the tank had enough to take a flushing.
Rick walked into the house with a sign that was put on our door saying they turned off our water for non payment. Of course as Rick does he hands it to me to handle. I told him, NO, you handle it for a change. Geez.
It's becoming a big pet peeve lately that I must do all things in the house. You don't work anymore buddy - this is not my job!
Rick called them and they said well if you didn't pay that happens.
He explains the credit and said I can email you a copy of the bill with this info printed in big bold letters if you'd like. She puts him on hold.
She comes back and says,"Oops, wrong person. We will have it turned on by 5pm today."
"5pm? It's 9am, you are telling me that is the best you can do for a home that YOU turned off by mistake?"
Are we living under a big fat black cloud? If I hadn't paid I get it.
But I had a $3.10 credit for heaven's sake, not even a bill.
In my very early 20s' my roommate and I mailed the gas company a check made out to the electric company and vice versa to buy us time so we weren't shut off. (I was making a whooping $4.25/hr) Each company called and told us what we had done (as if we didn't know) and that bought us just enough time.
But this time it's not that type of situation, it's just another cluster @#$%! that happened.
Does anyone do their job correctly anymore? More importantly does anyone care about doing a good job anymore?
Needless to say our water was back on by noon. But when Rick asked about the compensation for the inconvenience he was told no, there isn't any sir. I then heard Rick said, "Well I want some kind of compensation for this inconvenience that I did not deserve because we were not a non payment customer. I had places to go today, I would like to shower"
No was the answer. And what can we do? They don't care. He got a bit testy with them but I don't think that helped us in any way.
After he hung up he said, "I hate people."
Get in line buddy.
We had plans today. But not bathing or brushing ones teeth was not an option before we went somewhere. This is when bottled water would have come in handy.
In other news, we got Starz for free for 2 weeks or something like that.
We decided to watch the show Shining Vale with Courtney Cox, Greg Kinnear and Mira Sorvino. My, my it's an odd show. Rick really enjoyed it.
I watched while reading my phone or dozing off and on. It was a bit scary.
I was able to catch up if needed it wasn't a big deal.
The synopsis from google is this : A dysfunctional family moves from the city to a small town after Patricia "Pat" Phelps, a former "wild child" who became famous through writing a raunchy female empowerment novel, is caught cheating on her husband. In an attempt to rebuild their family, they move into a house where terrible atrocities have taken place. Nobody seems to suspect anything odd except for Pat, who is convinced she is either depressed or possessed. But soon, the demons haunting the family's new home begin to appear much more real.
Have any of your seen this? Rick binged it in 2 days and season 2 is underway now but there is no way we can do another subscription service. Remember when TV was free? $12.99 here, $19.99 there and man it is adding up so I told him it was being canceled after our free trial unless we cancel one of the others like apple, hulu, prime, discovery and netflix.
No he said. He saw the issue, nothing else really on the channel.
Although I did watch Gaslit and I highly recommend every one watch this great piece of history and great acting by Sean Penn etc. That was all there was.
Maybe next year when the new season starts streaming Rick can try with his name for a 7 day free trial or some such thing and then download the entire season to watch it again. I don't much care. It was okay but not my cup of tea.
I will say that this show was more proof I am old because if my children were anything like her children I would cry. They were horrific brats and the fat one was a lazy kid who never went outside and you know the pasty fat kid who lives on video games, junk food and virtual reality, just not reality. You know like the average white kid who is a shooter of innocent people at a parade. That was the son.
The daughter was an attention seeking tramp.
Oh boy wouldn't that be fun. She said things to her mom like Fuck you Mom! Of course there were no consequences. She barely wore clothes.
While I know it's a movie, it reflects today's morals and the way that age group lives and talks. Truthfully it makes me sad. That is one thing about being older I don't mind. I don't like this naked disrepectful generation of entitled brats and dying is more appealing to me than being around them.
My birth mom slapped me across the face once for sassing her.
Oooh and I was being the snarky girl I am today so I sort of get it.
I remember when it happened where I was standing but for the life of me I don't recall what I said. I recall thinking as I said it I shouldn't say this too.
But I was 12 and I guess I was testing and boy did I learn from that!
My mom would have had a heart attack & died if I ever said Fuck you to her! I wouldn't be grounded I'd have been killed!
She had another daughter to spare. HA HA
I got grounded once for the entire summer by my father because I got high/smoked pot in 1970 with my cousin while visiting her in Cleveland.
(my mom had died at this point)
Yes, June, July and August I was not to leave my yard and I couldn't talk on the phone. No one could come in our yard and visit me either. It was a long lonely summer. Can you imagine telling my father Fuck you and storming out of the house after being grounded?
Oh yea, I'd have never met any of you!
😁
10 comments:
Swearing was not forbidden in our house, but it was all about the context.
If I said, "Fuck, Dad, I hit my thumb with the hammer," no worries.
But if I ever said, "Fuck you, Dad," well, I'd just be coming out of the coma.
You always make me feel better! (Misery loves company?) As a matter of fact, no we didn't have water yesterday for about 12 hours! Water main breaks both east and west of us! Then, of course we had dirty water so no drinking water, cooking, laundry or water activities for us either!
I didn't think it was legal to turn off someone's water without giving them a couple of warning notices first. Well, maybe they did do that to the RIGHT house. And to expect you to wait all day long to turn it back on is outrageous for their mistake. I always keep a gallon jug of water in house for emergencies and I replace it before every tornado season. Doesn't cause much and it's come in handy a few times.
Bluzdude, I understand that!
Bobi, glad to help! Lol
Jean, guess who went out for jugs of water? Yep, you have the right idea!
Wow, did this post hit home. I just got off the phone with my water company. We have been going round and round for 3 months. I had a water leak 3 months ago and 12000 gallons seeped into the ground. I paid $103.00 without complaint but since then it has been a mess. I don't get bills and have to call. She just now said I was paid up. I'm keeping my high horse tethered close by incase. Think it was horrendous you weren't compensated. Grr.
Totally agree about sassing. Can't stand hearing it.
5pm to turn your water back on?! At least you got it by noon, but what crap "service". We keep jugs of water and bottled water around for just such occasions. Seems the water mains where we used to live were always breaking, so live and learn.
There are some messed up families out there. I wish they were just on TV, but nope.
One time I was outside and this guy from PG&E was here and said I'm here to turn off your power. I was like why would you do that? He said someone called and requested it? I was like uh noooo we did not. TG I was outside when he showed up. Probably was one of my nasty sister in laws playing games.
Patti so sorry to hear you're dealing with this kind of fun too! Good Luck.
Abby, yes, we have learned and went out and bought a lot of water to store in the garage. We did take some from our rain barrels so we could fill the toilet to flush until noon. Hopefully this doesn't happen again!
Julie, you know Rick had a bitter ex girlfriend who did that to him. After that they wouldn't allow any one to cancel without going down to the office with ID and answered some questions. He had no power. Guess why she was an ex girlfriend? 😁
I'm not devious enough to think of such things. I'm more of a dreamer of running them over. Lol.
What a mess. I never understand how the people who work there seem to think that a company acting like this is ok. I’ve had similar experiences with medical offices. I hate people on the regular too. Olivia.
Ps-the snorerx has been ordered and received. Just waiting till it is actually used…
Post a Comment