Monday, May 2, 2022

Work Stoppage!

Rick got his lathe back from the manufacturer and we're hoping it's really fixed.  But you all know that means that all work inside my home has stopped.

There is a point in my day when I feel the pills kick in and I sit for a spell or nap.  More often it's a sit-in Rick's ugly chair and before you know it I'm waking up an hour later. I'm turning into my husband with these meds! :-) 

I awoke to find these on the table. I laughed. He is getting good at this.
He "needs" an extender he tells me to make bigger bowls. That will wait mister until medical bills are finished. 

Since I've got nothing else here are some of his latest creations.

BEFORE 
AFTER










Change the name to Margaret and this would be about right? Wouldn't it be nice if M&M's came up after planting? Now that's a Peg garden if there ever was one. 


 

13 comments:

Grace said...

Those bowls are absolutely GORGEOUS!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace, thank you I will be sure to pass that on to Rick. That will make him very happy to hear since its usually only me!!

Julie H said...

nice! At the street faire I went to someone had beautiful pizza cutter handles and ice cream scoop handles they had made.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, He has handles too. Wine stopper, charcuterie boards, cutting boards etc. He is building up his inventory for a show locally.

Arkansas Patti said...

Oh my, you have married a master craftsman. That before and after are stunning.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I love those bowls! Wow...I need to get Romeo involved in this craft....
Yes, an M&M garden is right up your alley. If you succeed, call me. :D

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti,oh don't give him a big head! Lol. He is talented. Never did it before, watched a few videos and now look at him. I have no talent, he got it all. My talent was husband picking. 😁

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yvonne, Rick watches a lot of what I call wood porn videos. That's how he learned. So Romeo can watch a few and then keep busy during retirement. Trust me it's nice that he goes to work in his wood shop each day. You will see. 😄

Jamie Ghione said...

The bowls are so pretty.

I'm laughing at the cartoon about plating M&Ms. Would that ever work? LOL!!

Mike said...

Now fill all those bowls up with M&M's.

Olga said...

He should be joining an artisan's group and doing art shows! Self-taught from video -- that's got to be a talent in itself. These are impressive!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, he belongs to a lot of those. I'll share here soon. Thank you. He only gets feedback from me so I am sharing these nice word with him.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jamie, thank you from Rick!! Wouldn't it be great if that worked. :-)

Mike, if I must!