Friday, May 20, 2022

She's Back With Recipe

Let's start with some updates on a few things -
Not all of you understood what I meant in my last blog post.
While that is okay I do want to address a couple of things.

Just because I felt that Rick's girlfriend was not a nice person didn't mean that I can tell who should be married etc. You see it's not that she was not for him, it's that she was not a nice human. Period. (in fact she was arrested for embezzlement later and we found out she did something with a child) 

I was married once before Rick to a man named Rick.  
He was a great guy - we just shouldn't have gotten married since we were high school sweethearts and too damn young. Great human, just that we didn't grow in the same direction.  So I couldn't tell you who was good for you only you can do that. 
I can just "see" bad people. 
Bad for you is VERY different than a bad human.

#2, you may not see it with Creepy Airline Guy, which is fine. That's not your thing! 
I also agreed with you if you actually read the post, that I too would want him if my plane was going down. I just will never want him alone around my small children, my wife, or around my business/money. He, in his core to me only, is not a nice human being. You don't have to see it or agree, that was the whole damn point! I've just learned to listen to my inner self and I have yet to be wrong. So by the time I was 60 I listen to it all the damn time. I wish I were wrong sometimes but it's never failed me and sometimes you don't find out if you were right or wrong for years. Hence why I don't share it either. Hell people loved Hitler and didn't see it either. 

#3, I think it was Rae that said she didn't like Biden's face or didn't think it was a "nice" face. That made me laugh out loud. That seemed more of a political statement/view than anything I was referring to. If so then not even the same thing but I also understand how that sharp right turn was made. 
His face is sometimes smug and arrogant, his core is not evil. That is the difference that wasn't understood in the post.  Oh well, enough of that. I will not write about that again. I never did before for this exact reason. 

Now to what has been happening around these parts.
I find the more chemo, the worse I feel. Imagine that. HA
This week was the toughest of all with every single aspect of it. 
But I plowed through and did all I could. 
This constant feeling of being freezing cold is so damn weird for me since I have always been the girl in the room who is always warmer than everyone. Whether I was 21 or 51 I am always too warm. I like my home on the colder side and thankfully so does Rick. But now I'm cold all the time. As I type this the day was 97 degrees. I came home and put on a sweatshirt and fleece pj bottoms. I am always cold now. Rick is in shorts and bare feet and I'm dressed like it's winter. It's weird. Rick even asked if I wanted him to turn up the A/C. Heaven's no, it's 97 outside. You be comfortable, I will put on more clothes this is my issue. As I sit wrapped up in a blanket I must remember this later in summer when I am so damn hot right?

Wednesday night we were up late for us. 
It was a glorious evening weather-wise and we went outside on our front porch to see our new solar lights now that it was dark out. 
We put them into the ground earlier in the day. They are the kind that are flush to the ground, they do not stand up for you to see. 

We still aren't sure they are in the correct spots but we wanted to see how they looked now that it was evening. So we went out to view them and then sat down on the porch just chatting about our day and enjoying the evening breeze.  At midnight I said Happy Birthday to Rick.  
The first thing he said was, "can I have some peanut butter pie now?"  Honestly that man and food.  He saw me making it earlier in the day and he has been dying to have a piece. I always make his favorite for his birthday. Usually, it's beer cake but this year he wanted Peanut Butter Pie. 
My thought was GREAT since this was a bad health week. PB Pie is so damn easy. 

I told him, " It's your birthday if you wish to have your dessert at midnight go for it,"  I told him I'd fetch him his pie and I did. I am not a big fan of peanut butter pie. I tasted it, it's good but a whole piece is just too much peanut butter for me. But not for Rick.

As we sat on the front porch he ate his pie and he was telling me about his trip to the DMV earlier that day.  The woman he was dealing with was rude he told me. He said and I quote, "She was very mean and cranky!"  
I said to him in her defense that you did get there at the end of the day maybe she was tired. Was she old?  
He made such a face and emphatically said, "OMG yes, she was easily in her 60's."  He said this as if he was 30. 
I had a hearty laugh and he looked at me puzzled. I said, "Richard you just turned 67 an hour ago!"  He looked at me and then it registered, and boy did he ever laugh. He seriously doesn't think of himself as old. I wish I could be as delusional as my funny hubby. 

This morning we were watching something with Ricky Gervais. 
Ricky Gervais is one of my all-time favorite men/comedians. I adore him!!
(aside from After Life, I loved The Invention of Lying)

I may not agree with him on every subject but he makes you think and he puts things in perspective. He's smart. I like me a smart funny man. :-)        
Anyway, he said something that Rick has said to anyone who asks this question for years!  
Ricky G. has been with his girlfriend for over 38 years. 
He was asked what the secret was to their long-lasting relationship. 
His answer was, "Because I'm a great guy" Everyone laughed, but my Rick.
Rick looked at me and said, "Hey, your boyfriend stole that from me!"
Yes, that's where he heard it, Rick, from you, in our living room.   

Rick has always wanted to go to this Draft House very close to our home. 
We did all things Rick wanted today just like on my birthday. 
I bet you'd never guess we went to a lumber yard. 
Our last stop was to go to the Draft House. It was far nicer than I thought it would be. And thankfully due to the time of day, it hardly had any people in it! Which is perfect and what we were shooting for. whew!

Rick loves a burger. His favorite thing to ever eat is a great burger.  
So we bellied up to the bar and had a drink. I could only have one with these drugs but I had a great gin and tonic and he got his beer. 
He can only have 2 or that pesky ole gout will show up. 
The fun of a birthday at age 67. 

He had his blue cheeseburger and moaned through most of it. 
He was a happy camper. We met a nice couple from Syracuse NY. 
She is a yarn dyer. I went to her Instagram and saw her work. She does some really nice work. This was our last stop and late in the day, a very late lunch or a very early dinner. Either way, neither of us had to cook dinner. 
Rick was still full later but made room for pie. 
Imagine that, he has room for pie. 

Here is the easy peasy pie.
If you like peanut butter you may love this as much as everyone else who eats this.
I served it on an oreo crust instead of a pie crust and I did take some chocolate and put a couple lines over top and then some whipped cream on a piece. I've also made it on a graham cracker crust. Rick prefers either of those over a standard pie crust but he'd eat it any way he is served it. 
I find it too peanut butter-y since I am not a big peanut butter fan. 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before they figured out my thyroid was low I was cold all the time which like you was unusual for me. One thing that helped was wearing a warm hat. So you might want to add that to your .wardrobe

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hi Susan, like you I am hypothyroid so I get it. I have been wearing a hat recently while home. A plain ole baseball cap makes me warmer as odd as it sounds. Thx for the tip, it's so kind of you. And I'm up at 2:56am commenting. Fun times 😁

Abby said...

I've seen a common theme among "olderish" men - they often don't seem to realize they're as old as other people their age 😄. My husband will do this and I have to remind him how long it takes him to get out of the backseat of a Jeep.
Happy Birthday to Rick! Stay warm!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby,I wonder why this is with men. It's sure funny. I had to laugh at the backseat!

Arkansas Patti said...

Happy Birthday Rick.
I am saving your recipe for peanut butter pie. My brother discovered one this year on his 86 birthday and is furious that he has all ready missed 85 of them. Next time I see him I will try it.

Olga said...

That pie sounds easy enough to make and I do know someone with a sweet tooth. My specialty is lemon meringue, but it is not an easy fix so I only make it on very special occasions.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I didn't have enough chunky pb this time. I used 1/2cup of each and Rick didn't seem to notice 😆 your brother missing 85 sound like Rick. Maybe it's good I don't enjoy PB or I'd eat too much of it.

Olga, ooh I love lemon meringue! Due to not having tasted a great gf pie crust I have not had that in years!! But far harder than this easy pie!

Grace said...

I looked at the recipe - my husband would eat all those ingredients mixed together or separately! Well not the chunky peanut butter, he prefers smooth. If I showed him that recipe he would moan a bit and want me to make it - Not a chance in hell! LOL

Julie H said...

I can't wait for you to be done with these horrible pills and Betty to be GONE! I make a PB pie that everyone loves and I usually just take a small piece since it is so rich. Mine has graham crackers in the mix of it.

Cruisin Paul said...

Happy Birthday and that hamburger sounded really good. Pie.......that sounded good also. Peg, what did you have why Rick was chowy down? Get well my friend.


Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Grace, well if you are so inclined I've made it with smooth PB and it works fine.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, I've seen recipes for the Graham Crackers inside. I bet that would be very good. And I too can't wait to be done. This was and still is a most difficult week of side effects and pain so I want it over too!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well Paul the way Rick moaned whole eating that burger I'd say it was good. Me? I had an appetizer of pulled pork on corn nachos. Basically small nachos. It too was yummy. 😉

Barbara said...

So what did you think about your lights in the ground?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, they look great. We moved 2 of them just a smidge and that was it. :-) thx