Here is a photo showing my week vs Rick's.
I'd say he is more productive, I just take more pills.
I went out to the shop to visit him. He was twirling this small piece of wood in his hands. I asked what he was doing. He shared that he wanted to do something and not waste this wood but wasn't sure what he could make. I'd say he is more productive, I just take more pills.
He said, "It will speak to me"
Or course, being the ever supportive wife I laughed at him and said, "Okay, okay, I can't wait to hear it."
He began taking off the bark and turning the inside to make it hollow. He stopped and I asked why. He said,"See the nub? I'm going to cut it off."
He stopped himself and said, "yes! See, it spoke to me, I'm going to make a ring and jewelry holder?"
I'm laughing big time now!
"Rick, that baby penis thing is going to be something?"
He said, "just watch."
So I did. I sat in the comfy chair in his shop and watched him.
Shit! It is something.
Shh...don't tell him I was impressed.



12 comments:
So clever!
Damn, I would love to buy a bowl or two! Love the one in the back row between the two bi- color ones.
I love that bowl using the rings and watch. I'd buy one as long as it's not really to expensive.
Have a great night Peg.
Cruisin Paul
Abby, apparently it has! :-)
Julie, oh don't give him a big head!
Grace, he isn't selling much yet. He doesn't think they're good enough. Some, but not all. I get to keep those. LOL I think he is being picky but I also understand.
Paul, not this one but eventually he will sell. but as I said above he doesn't think he's good enough yet. I think he is but he has to be the one when he's ready. :-)
He's going to make a killing on Etsy. Or maybe just sell the whole lot to Olive Garden.
He needs to rent a space in a fall arts & crafts show then spend the summer building up stock for Christmas gifts to sell. Rick is very talented.
He's playing/working with wood. You are healing.
My goodness he really is a wood whisperer. That is cool what he made from an otherwise imperfection.
Is Rick selling the bowls online?
Mike, he hopes to eventually.
That's a cool ring and jewelry holder....I have one similar, but the bowl isn't very deep, and I could sure use one like that! I admire all the wood turning he is doing. What do you do with the wood chips and sawdust? Use it for the garden? He is really developing some talent there, Peg. You're going to have to tell him at some point!
I love wood too. I don't know much like what kind is what but I marvel at the texture. I think Rick is doing fantastic things. I saw the flyfish thingy. Hahaha. Loved it.
Post a Comment