I left my bubble yesterday and it felt so damn good!
Since I was told to not be around a lot of folks due to my suppressed immune system I have been a good girl and I've listened to the doctors.
Oh sure, I get the pleasure of going to the pharmacy with mask in place or a doctors office.
Woo-hoo.
But other than my yard that has been my travels for 3 months!!
Due to a concern my primary doctor wanted more blood work. Because of my big purple sprained right ankle Rick said he'd drive me. He dropped me off and he went to put air in our tire and get gas because it just went to and over $4.00 all at once.
They take one vial of blood and I'm done. I waited to be called from the lobby longer than this took to drain from me.
I hobbled out to the car and Rick told me he needed walnut wood filler and was going to stop at Lowes. Of course you are.
Lowes and lumber...his mistress.
After Lowes we saw all this new construction. This area is so much like when we moved to Northern VA 25 yrs ago. It was considered 'out there' and suddenly it's big and built up and everyone is moving there. New buildings every day. Just like that.
As we drove by Rick said, hey, Tacos and Tequila.
I asked, "What the hell are you talking about?"
Well by this time he
has made a U-turn.
Now I see the new restaurant sign that reads 'Tacos and Tequila' in the brand spanking new plaza.
Well that's a good name, you know what they serve.
Rick said, "you've been telling me you've been craving real tacos and a margarita for 3 months, let's go! "
So what the hell, we did.
Because it was afternoon it wasn't real busy. Too early for dinner, too late for lunch. So not a lot of people so that was good.
All I know is that tacos and tequila are good for what ails you!!
One margarita did me in. Since I'm not suppose to drink I did not go for more.
It was the perfect, not sweet, margarita.
The corn chips were awesome too. We each just got a Taco sampler. Ricks on flour and mine on corn. There were 6 of them.
Now these are small and perfect. I ate 3. I brought the other 3 home. Rick, of course ate all 6. Then moans that he ate too much. He cracks me up.
This hit my craving. I love real tacos and they were easy to get up north but haven't seen much outside Taco bell here and those aren't real tacos, so this was great!
Back in the day when I had a corporate job and a cleaning lady she spoiled me with great authentic Mexican food. When her mom visited she stayed for a full month. Her mom made enchiladas and I made a Lasagna and we'd trade a 13x9 pan of goodies. She always wanted lasagna. My least favorite food.
She made me tortillas from scratch and she asked for my Xmas cookies (pizzelles).
It was fun to trade Italian food with Mexican food with her. She made me a Mexican soup, I made her pasta e fagioli and once wedding soup. She brought her mom to meet us and while she barely spoke English we all seemed to have a nice time. She came with tequila from her home in Mexico as a gift, how do you not like this woman?
She told Rick his meatballs were the best she ever tasted. Olga translated to her mom how my grandmother taught him and gave him her 'recipe' which means, some of this, some of that with no measurements. She laughed and nodded and somehow we all understood each other.
So yesterday I got to leave my house, eat fabulous tacos and have tequila. I proceeded to come home and I took a 1 hr nap. My body couldn't handle all that excitement after 3 months of nothing!
😁

12 comments:
Did you know I live in the state with the best Mexican food ever? It's true. I grew up in Texas thinking I knew what Mexican food was until I moved to NM. It's different. Hotter (but you can ask them to use the wuss chile if you want, haha). More flavorful. I don't know if it's the green chile or the red chile, but I rarely have a dish I don't fall in love with. At the group retirement party, we had fried green chile strips ~ they were so good I could have eaten the whole plate. You and Rick should come. You might not fit in your seat on the way home :-)
Oh that sounds wonderful to me! I used to have to go to Houston for recurrent training every 6 wks, I'd eat enough Mexican you'd think I'd have gotten sick of it. Nope, hotter the better. Smoky hot like a Chipotle even better yet.
Tequila and tacos sounds like a fabulous day! We are spoiled where we live with fantastic Mexican food.
You had me at margaritas and Rick had me at walnut wood.
Know how you feel to get out of the bubble. I got out today with friends for the first time since original lock down. It is safe in the bubble but hugely boring.
Sounds like you ended the outing with a fun time and now you know where you can go to get some more T & T.
We just went over 4 bucks today too. Shocker.
Must have felt good to get out and it sounds perfect.
Julie, yes, you are!
Jean, he finish my walnut fireplace mantle and I love it. Walnut is my favorite wood.
Patti, yes that was weird. Gas was $3.83 and 2 days later its $4.25. I'm thankful I dont have a commute 🙂
Olga, oh, it did feel good!
Glad you had an outing! I appreciate that restaurant's signage. Simple and to the point.
For some reason I don't like tacos but my daughter & wife love them. Other Mexican food is great but tacos bother me. Oh well. Keep getting well Peg.
Cruisin Paul
Abby, agreed. Everything should be a sign that simple. :-)
Paul, you don't like real tacos? That's not right! :-) But more for me!!
I really hibernated during early Covid so I go how exciting getting out of the house can be. Sounds like that restaurant in the middle of the day may be the perfect occasional outing while you're taking your meds.
Post a Comment