Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Tuesday

God how I am missing a big city and sophistication.  
Will I get used to this?

One of my favorites from Billy. 

 

I was sad to read that Naomi Judd died of suicide. Depression is so difficult.  Sometimes unless you've been there I think it's hard to wrap your head around how damn dark it is. I never understood until it happened to me many years ago. My love for Rick is the only reason I'm here. I remember it so well. I just couldn't do that to him but man it was close. too close. But until I lived it I never understood the darkness. I used to think you could snap out of it. HA. I feel so badly for her family as well as her that this was the only way she could be out of that pain.
RIP Naomi. 

6 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

Oh my God Peg. I'm happy that Rick was there. It is amazing how depression can carry people to depths of giving up. I remember after my stroke, where I couldn't talk, I was paralyzed and they weren't sure if I could come back to normal, As I laid in my hospital bed, I thought I wanted to die. I didn't want my wife to have a young wife to be having to deal with a husband like this. I think back now, wow how I felt. And now you felt those depths of despair. Thank God, you and I are here today to be friends. Have a wonderful day Peg & Rick.


Cruisin Paul

Arkansas Patti said...

I am so very sorry that you had to experience severe depression and am so grateful that Rick was in your life to bring you back. I have felt only a tiny taste of it and pray I never see the worst of it. It was so sad that Naomi couldn't make it to the Hall of Fame but also so sad for the family she left behind.
I too hope she is resting in peace.

Julie H said...

Oh I didn't hear that was how she died, how sad. I know she had been ill for a really long time.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, how old were you when you had your stroke? I'm sorry you had to go through all this but glad you are in a great place now!!

Patti, thank you. I don't like to talk about that much. It was horrific as Naomi has said many times.

Julie, I knew as soon as they said she died from mental illness. But it was confirmed that it indeed was suicide sadly.

Mike said...

Peg - I figured that's how she died just by the way they said it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, we assumed the same the way it was worded. :-(