Saturday, June 26, 2021

You Knew This Was Coming.

Well, you knew this would happen.
Had to get a new realtor.

Pam was an awesome salesperson. 
She promised the moon. We then were ghosted.
Now in her defense, she is getting married. She was in Wyoming once when I called her. Now she is in the throes of getting married in a week. Come on. She wasn't going to be here for our open house until the last day. I asked if we could meet the person who is going to be in our home before she leaves. Crickets.

I text her, emailed her, and left VM's. My last email stated that I certainly understood her wedding keeping her busy but we have not heard from you. We are in limbo. The pictures have not been a date put in stone. We are hanging out here waiting to get info from you.
I went on to say that if she wanted to give me to another realtor in the office I understand that. While we liked her, we know she is busy, and now neither of us is getting the best of Pam because you are being stretched too thin.  You need to focus on your wedding and I so get that. 

Then I got a VM and an email saying thanks for understanding about the wedding but everything is still a go. (what is a go? you haven't even had us sign a contract.) She kept saying, no worries, I can do both.
It was all the right things to say but with no follow-up once again. 
She had mentioned giving us a Redfin agent in Raleigh to move us along down there. That also gives us 1% back after the sale for using another Redfin agent. But she kept promising that info but we never got it.

Last night while having a glass of wine and talking about what to do today I got a call. I'll be honest I don't normally answer my phone when I don't know who it is because I get so many robocalls all damn day. But I grabbed this one.

The man introduced himself as Yama from the Redfin office where Pam works. 
I thought it was Pam's assistant. I said, "oh you are Pan's assistant"  
He laughed and said, "No, I'm her boss. Yasmine is her assistant"  Oops.
He said we like to do follow-up and see if you're happy. I said that nothing has happened yet to be happy about we are sort of in limbo.
I was afraid to say anything real bad until he said, "Peggy, Pam has a busy schedule and I want to be sure you are being taken care of"

That opened the flood gates. I did not wish to get her in trouble. But I also know they get a salary and do not live off only commission so she would be fine or at least I assumed as much.
He asked questions and I just answered them. It felt better to respond honestly to his questions than to vomit my list of grievances. It accomplished the same and I felt better not venting. 

Rick and I were trying to figure out why he called. We do not think this was a random Redfin call as he made it out to be. Was Pam angry because I wanted attention and she said, "get rid of her?"  Or was he hearing it from others like us that she was non-responsive? We later saw all 5-star reviews but when she didn't get 5 stars she got 1 or 2 for being unresponsive a lot. She had 85% positive but when it was negative it said the same thing we were going through. And she was Presidents Club no less. 

I don't know what started this call but Yama said he wanted to give us someone else in the office.  That person has already set up an appointment.  The manager, Yama, of the office who called us already got us in contact with someone in Raleigh and she and I have made an appointment for Monday at 5:30p. This all happened within a 30-minute window. It's been weeks with Pam and nothing.

The new realtor will be here on Monday to meet us. Everything is going on the dates that we originally had. He will be here to solidify it all. (fingers crossed)
Rick has a good feeling about this man.
Me, not so much.  We shall see. 
To me he's still a realtor so...

We both are not one bit surprised. 
I have written here many times that I don't care for realtors. 
I do not think the majority work that hard and I do not think they are good at their jobs. I hear about good ones but for some reason, we have never had that luck. 
To me, a good realtor is a Unicorn. Rick said last night we could have called and bitched a fit. We didn't. We handled it politely and professionally. Yet we again got the short end of the stick. Perhaps that is why our customers would start out angry and bitchy because they have been dealing with shitty customer service elsewhere.'Maybe you have to be loud and bitchy to get service. I don't want to think that though. 

 I heard a realtor tell a prospective buyer that the patio from the house to the garage was just a walk space/wasted space. Instead of talking about how beautiful it was and additional living space. (we were on our patio when the house next door was being sold and we heard it while sitting on our 'wasted space 'on our outdoor sofa - idiot realtor) You've all seen photos of my outdoor patio - I would hardly call it wasted space!

That guy who was selling the house next door was horrific. We heard the things he said and the things he pointed out and would ask, "Do you like that?"  
It was a flaw - why the hell if you are selling would you point out a flaw? If they point it out then you overcome the objection to the best of your ability or you don't, but to point it out? Crazy. 

So while we hoped for the best, we saw the worst of realtors yet again.

13 comments:

Olga said...

I understand your feelings about realtors -- I think I had a similar attitude about guidance counselors in my career years, not to mention in high school where it all started.

Mike said...

Realtors can be a backstabbing bunch. Your gal was trying her best to hang onto the commission. Luckily her boss saw through that.

And I'm with Olga. Guidance counselors screwed my life up in high school and college.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I agree with you both. The guidance counselor messed me up period!! But thankfully her boss didn't call Rick. Rick has no filter, he would have said all kinds of things and not been nice or calm about it. So the good thing was they called my cell. Even Rick said that. I can be nice. When Rick is angry he is not so nice.He doesn't have a blog where he can go to not be nice and to vent/bitch. 😁

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Realtors are a necessary evil although there must be some good ones. I just signed all the papers to list my house---the disclosures, etc. So far I haven't had a problem with him or anything he's said. My Saturday post will be about that meeting and the market. This is scary isn't it!

betty said...

I am so sorry to hear this! You do have bad luck with realtors. That is awful customer service from Pam, getting married or not. Are you going to leave a review for her? (I would). Let's hope Monday goes well for you when you meet the new one!

betty

Arkansas Patti said...

So sorry you got such an air head. I hope her boss gives you a much better realtor who will actually be on your side. I think also you should leave a one star review on Pam--after you have sold.

Cop Car said...

Having bought/built 6 houses and sold 8 houses in the past 50 years, I've dealt with the good and the bad (never, the ugly) and can feel for you, Peggy. The best I ever had not only pointed out the flaws in houses I was considering, which gave me (as a buyer/builder) great confidence in her honesty (and a chance to negotiate to have fixed), but found me a great apartment in which to live while my house was being built in Albuquerque. She accompanied me on the walk-throughs of the house during construction and before closing, pointing out to me things that the builder had failed to do (cheaper toilet, miss-matched paint colors, missing combustion air inlet to fireplaces, etc) and that I would not have noticed until too late. A great Realtor is priceless - I hope that your new one qualifies for the title.

High school counselor? I don't recall that, in the mid-1950s, ours took any notice of my existence.

Cruisin Paul said...

Peg, my realtor was a friend or I thought so. After my house was sold he disappeared and when I started having problems with my new home he said he would come and see us and talk with the builder. Guess what? He never came. Later I spoke to him and he said he would come over to see what the problem was. Again guess what? He never showed up. Once these people get their money they're gone. It's not really the realtors, it people who what & need a home. They will pay any amount if they want the house and guess what again? The realtor will still get their money and sometimes it's a lot of money. Good luck my friend.

Cruisin Paul

Cop Car said...

P.S. I failed to mention that my Albuquerque Realtor when I was buying became the selling Realtor when I left Albuquerque seven years later - a position at which she also excelled.

Abby said...

Yeesh, I also don't think very highly of realtors in general, having had a fair share of lackluster experiences. Sadly, I don't think your situation is unique. I'm sure there are some good ones, but they're the exception and not the rule. My fingers are crossed for you and the new guy!

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Oh, I hate to hear this news, but perhaps there is an underlying reason that her boss called. I hope you get another option for someone you like. If you don't like them, then couldn't you ask for someone else? I know this is last minute (right?) but it's so much better when it's someone you veel comfortable with. I wish you well!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yvonne, because he had a lot of complaints about her being unresponsive perhaps? 2 new reviews went up since hiring her and both say exactly what has gone on with us.

Julie H said...

Sheesh how frustrating!