Thursday, June 24, 2021

Stairs and More Stairs

Stanley Steamer came out to clean my steps, hall, and master carpets.
They arrived on time. Go figure.
The main man looked into my eyes like we were dating. Creepy.
The first thing he asked was, "Are you Middle Eastern, like Lebanese or Italian perhaps?" Since when is being from Italy the middle east? I asked.
He laughed and said, "Oh no, I meant one or the other sorry"
I said I am 100% American, but my ancestors are from Italy.
He said I knew it. Your eyes give you away.

Now I am wearing a mask as the two gentlemen were so you can only see my eyes. What an odd question and odd situation. He was so very nice.
He was from Israel. I asked how he came to be here. 
He said "One guess."
I said, "The woman of your dreams was American and you followed her here."  
"Yes, ma'am."
That's always how it happens I tell him. 

This man was built. My God his arms were nice. His forearms were that of a baseball player which you know I like. My Dad had forearms like that when he was young.  And Patti, his butt and arms were like your man Stanton.
He was a good-looking specimen.  The other man looked like Paul Rudd.
Cute and so very personable. They were very nice and neither had been vaccinated. One didn't believe in it and the man built like a Greek God said he hasn't the time and he has to because he wants to visit his family in Israel soon. They are very strict if coming from America he says. 
So I was glad they were wearing their masks and I put mine on when the doorbell rang.  

So my floors are done. Can check that off my realtor list. He told me not to walk on them for 24 hrs. How do I do that? I need to go to bed, it's on the 2nd floor. My office is here on the 2nd floor. The only thing on the first floor is the kitchen, great room, dining room, and powder room. We can't stay downstairs for 24 hrs. 
But I see my future.
Margaret, can you fetch me (insert thing)
Margaret, it's easier for you to run up can you get my (insert thing)
Oh, I see it coming.  You can do this faster, your feet are smaller and won't hurt the steps like my big feet will. Oh, I know him well. He will laugh as he asks me this knowing full well he is full of shit but I will do it while he is working.

It's great that I can run up the steps. It sucks that I am the only one who can RUN up the steps. I can't wait to not have steps. Rick can fetch his own stuff then. Oh, he goes up and down all day for work but once he gets home I think he becomes allergic to steps.  
Yes, I know I could tell him to do it himself. I have a few times. 
But I also know what steps he climbs daily so I let it go. 
But trust me, beginning July1st, his first day of no work, he's on his own. 
No more fetching for The Big Guy unless he breaks a leg.
I'm a mean wife, aren't I?

I know how to make him climb those stairs - I will call him from upstairs when he's on the 1st floor and say, "Oh Ricky, feel like foolin' around?"  
I would bet the farm he'll run up that flight of stairs! 
Suddenly he'll be saying, what knees? My knees don't hurt.
He will be up those stairs in record time. Wanna bet? 🤣

12 comments:

Abby said...

Getting caught up, Peggy! You've been busy. Moving can do that.
Seems like, generally speaking, people are more attractive with the masks on. Maybe because all we see is eyes, and eyes are usually pretty, as I know your Italian ones are.

So Rick CAN run up the stairs, eh? :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, I find people to be less attractive with masks on but I can see how it would help me. :-)
Yes, that has worked before so he can do it. 😛
I'm mean like that.

Arkansas Patti said...

Wow, a Stanton'esque butt in your living room. Yikes.
We do become more focused on eyes these days don't we? Well unless you have that Stanton'esque butt drawing your attention.

Julie H said...

I feel so sheltered hardly talking to anyone in real life anymore lol. Living through your baseball arm descriptions ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, if it makes you feel better only speaking to service people is not thrilling - well except looking at this man's physique.

betty said...

I never like service people coming into the house. Never had an unpleasant experience but it always makes me uneasy. Thankfully hubby is retired now and has to deal with that. Having said that, I do like to see good looking men lol, even wearing masks. Glad you can cross getting the stairs cleaned off your list!

Betty

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Betty, our carpets are fairly new but on one landing There is a spot where my dog likes to lay down. I just couldn't get it out. But they sure did. He even said, this carpet is in good shape. I asked if that got me a discount...nope😁 but had to ask.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Betty, as long as I have my dog no man will get near me. They are all afraid of her. She's harmless but they don't know that and becuz she's big they are normally afraid. I like that.

Mike said...

Did he say the 24 hours had to be in a row?

Cruisin Paul said...

An Italian is an Italian whether we are American- Italian or a Canadian - Italian, we will always be an Italian. LOL Have a wonderful day Peg. Ciao.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh silly Mike!

Paul - ok then! I've been schooled. 😀

It's.a.crazy.world said...

We had to clean the carpet so often we bought one :D It is nice when the crew is nice looking, haha.