We had some neighbors over for the first time in over a year.
We had brunch on the deck. Nothing fancy. One had a date in the afternoon so he took off. Another had a social engagement and left about the same time. But how nice to not wear masks, everyone vaccinated and mimosa's for all.
We had brunch on the deck. Nothing fancy. One had a date in the afternoon so he took off. Another had a social engagement and left about the same time. But how nice to not wear masks, everyone vaccinated and mimosa's for all.
Today I have to take care of Skipper, the dog across the street. His owner went out of town and 3 neighbors are all taking turns with Skipper. I don't know what kind of dog he is other than smart and cute. I also forgot how fast a normal dog walk used to be for me with this little one. He sure moves quickly for such short legs. Izzy lumbers these days. It felt good to walk faster.
I fed the dog after his 7am walk as I was instructed. Then I brought him over to my house. He had a ball, but my goodness was Izzy spastic. She did not like him being here. Skipper kept cuddling up to me and Izzy literally would move him aside and sit in front of me. "Cock blocking" shall we say. It was making us laugh and she was so upset. She herded Rick and me together and then sat in front of us. We were howling. Poor thing. So I took Skipper home. I felt terrible leaving him alone but I'll go back at lunchtime and take another walk and play with him. Izzy will be upset but she'll just have to deal with it.
My niece posted this picture of my Dad yesterday for some reason.
It is a picture we just love of Dad on one of his birthdays. He was a jovial sort.
It is a picture we just love of Dad on one of his birthdays. He was a jovial sort.
If you recall I had a customer who called his wife an invalid. It struck me as so politically incorrect. Most of you agreed but some said it was still used. I would never ever use that term. But then I got to thinking maybe it's just me. I'm being overly sensitive. So I looked it up. Here is something that pretty much explained it as I thought.
We watched the Westminster Dog Show this weekend. We watched the agility tests on Saturday. I just love watching these dogs do the course. They all look so focused it makes you smile. Then on Sunday we just tuned in for our favorite "sporting breeds". So retrievers of all kinds, of course, others as well. The Labrador was a big fat chocolate lab like Izzy and we howled. How did that dog get in the mix? I even think it was fatter than Izzy.
My vet's head would explode.
I have to run - dogs await.
When I get back with one I take the other. I wish I could take them at the same time - but The Diva we know as Izzy, hates me paying attention to other dogs. And Skipper is a jumper and he jumps all over Izzy and she gets so annoyed. While it is funny to see because she behaves like an old man, the curmudgeon, and she just hates little dogs. She becomes the equivalent of "get off my lawn"
This lady can't get home soon enough.


11 comments:
Ha! Izzy the get-off-my-lawn "Cock blocker". Our Merlin is the same way whenever our son visits with his dog. Merlin blocks everyone, especially our other dog, but then he wants to play with our son's dog too.
Glad you had a neighborly brunch, and I love that photo of your dad, he looks so genuinely jovial!
While I knew "crippled" was not PC, I didn't realize "invalid" was also frowned upon. Not long ago, a cook at work called someone "retarded" for the way they were holding a knife. OMG, you could've cut the tension in the air with that knife!
Never knew that about the word "invalid" either. Nor about the mental one--and I'm on depressions meds. This never came up at work, though.
We can still use spastic and insane for tRUMP, right?
VT just reached the 80% mark for vaccinations of those eligible and all restrictions have been lifted as of today. Still see most people wearing masks though.
Lol, our dog (yep, she's still hanging in there) is not a fan of any dog as big or bigger than her. She's more or less ok with smaller dogs, but still not a fan!
Love the photo of your Dad, looks like a fun person to be around!
That is so funny about Izzy and Skipper. Most older dogs have no use for young energetic ones, especially if they get Mom and Dad's attention.
Saw and was amazed by that same fat chocolate lab. She was a chubby for a pet and certainly not show ready.
Haven't heard the word invalid since it was applied to my Mom 68 years ago. Think that qualifies it as outdated.
Nothing better than a brunch mimosa :) We used to go out to brunch every Sunday but in an attempt to save some money we have been making brunch at home, complete with mimosas. The upside is we get 2 mimosas each from one bottle of champagne for cheaper amount of 1 mimosa each at most of the restaurants we went to :)
Oh how funny with Izzy and Skipper! They both seem like characters, but Izzy definitely wanted to assert she was boss at your house!
We too watched a little of the Westminster dog show. Winslow, our corgi, watched it occasionally with us. I have a video I made of him sitting, staring at the TV, and tilting his head from side to side as he watched what was going on. Dogs are funny :)
betty
Abby, the word retarded was something we'd say when joking around with friends when I was a kid. Now I cringe. I can only imagine how that felt at work.
Jamie, if it doesn't offend you then great right?
Mike, it goes without saying those all work for the buffoon trump.
Olga, stopped at the store to get Izzy her beans (diet food) and I did see 1 person without a mask. I'm still having issues taking mine off.
It's - Yeah, he was always smiling and laughing. We have that in common for sure.
Patti -we are still talking about that damn fat dog here. English labs are shorter and stocker in the chest than the American Standard Labrador. But like Izzy they go in, in the back. (her waist) This dog was just all chubs and I was shocked it was the best in that breed to be a show dog.
Betty - well we had 3 bottles of Pressco so we had a few more than 2 glasses. And yes, dogs are funny!!
We had a dog named Skipper when I was a kid! He got named that way because we got him from the neighbor who's kid dropped him and he broke his leg. My mom heard him crying and went and rescued him.
Julie, so the dog skipped? :-) Yeah for your mom!
Yes he had a cast so he skipped around
Post a Comment