This morning at 9am there was to be a carpet cleaner at my home.
I promised the realtor I was doing this. We moved all the furniture in my master bedroom for them.
At 10am still no floor cleaners. So I called. I asked if we had an ETA. I told her I did receive 3 emails saying you would be here today. Could you please give me an update? She puts me on hold. She said someone will call me back. Oh, this is never good.
5 minutes go by and I get a call from Kenny, the owner. He says he tried to reach me all weekend. I gave 2 phone numbers. 1 my office where I am the majority of the time. I wrote on the paperwork this was the best number and it is my business so should you call after hours I will get the message. I also left my cell phone and we already know they have my email because they sent me 3 emails reminding me of the appointment.
Kenny says I must have typed the wrong number instead of area code 703 I typed 709. Okay let's say I did do that when the numbers aren't even close on the keyboard, but I might have had a bad day, a pineapple may have fallen on my head and I forgot my own phone number. Who knows, but let's go with the idea that I did indeed type the wrong number. If you couldn't reach me and it was very important why wouldn't you try the other number and the email address?
His response was we don't usually use email in that way.
In what way? You sent me two for confirming my reservation.
You sent me 3 for reminding me. You couldn't send me just one to ask me to call or to cancel me? Crickets.
He said he could do it another day. I said thank you for calling me back today but I think I'm going elsewhere. So now it's Stanley Steamer, the only company who could get me in this week. My realtor is coming on the 28th and everything is supposed to be done for photos videos and other awful things. I think this may be why everyone thinks we have good customer service. We show up.
She is moving things around my house and I find it looks worse but whatever. I have to move my block of knives on the counter. I asked where she wanted me to put them? Her reason is for safety. Never even occurred to me to not have the knives on the counter in their block of wood. So if someone is going to stab the realtor couldn't they just go in my drawer?
Lots of big knives in there. Or if they have the proclivity to stab someone wouldn't they have their own knife? I mean c'mon if I'm a stabber I may have my own stabbing utensil that I think fits my hand best.
I also have to remove the blender off the counter. She said my counters had too much clutter. Remove the toaster too. Who the hell lives like this? This is a picture from a few years ago. But it's pretty much the same - she said my counters were cluttered. I beg to differ, she has never seen my family's or my friend's countertops. I know you can't see the toaster here but it's just a toaster on the side of the stove. I find this weird.
But there is only so much I can do in the guest bedroom's walk-ins. She will have to live with it.
The weekend and all weekends from now until I am in a new home are all about fixing, sprucing up, painting, packing etc. Fun times.
This weekend I did eat a fresh corn salad. I knew this would probably bother my tummy and boy oh boy did it ever. It was so good. I love corn salad. The doctor kept telling me certain food shouldn't bother me and that was old school. Try to eat everything. If something bothers you don't eat it. Okay then, corn ripped up my tummy big time. Or it was the cherry tomatoes, red onions, peppers etc. Doubtful, I will assume the corn. Bummer!! It was so good I had a 2nd helping - shouldn't have done that I see. Oh, this diverticular colitis is fun. ☺
In other fun weekend updates. I was sitting in Rick's ugly chair. I came downstairs and just wanted a minute to sit. No packing, no climbing stairs, no carrying anything downstairs - just sit you know? Rick and Izzy were at the ole swimming hole so I took a minute to sit. As soon as I sat down I see the table do this - oops, it won't let me put the photo here. I give up. But the table and open umbrella toppled over and knocked down a chair on the way.
I went outside and picked it up. Dear Lord that was heavy. I wasn't expecting that.
But like all things here - nothing happens when Rick is here. Things like the ceiling collapsing from water from the washing machine on the 2nd floor, or the flood in the kitchen from a pantry, or the time the umbrella flew across 2 neighbors and landed in their yard without piercing anyone thank goodness. Nope, Rick is never here when that happens. I came home to my glass table shattered into a million little pieces and on its side with no sign of my umbrella. Then I look over the fences and see it 2 doors down. Thankfully no one there was home or this could have been a very bad scene.
After I got the table upright I sat at the table until Rick came home. Good excuse as any to just be still and not be working. I actually fell asleep out there and Rick came home and saw me out there and woke me. How I can fall asleep sitting upright yet can never sleep in bed is a head-scratcher to me.
Then last night we sat and shared some wine and Rick mentioned when he met me and how he asked me if I cooked. I told him, "No, when you asked about my last name you said, you must be Italian so you can cook," I told you, "No, I eat"
You insisted I must be able to cook something and I told you I did about 5 things really well. Yes, and egg rolls were one of the 5 he excitedly remembered.
You haven't made them in a really long time! I took the hint. He's oh so subtle.
Rick's right. I became celiac and I don't make them often. Not nice just because I can't eat them. So I told him I'd make them for him on Monday.
I made the insides at lunchtime. I can eat all things inside because I used Tamari which is GF instead of soy sauce which is wheat. So I may eat some of the fillings in a lettuce wrap and he can have the wonderful deep-fried egg rolls. (damn!)
Then this morning he said well if I'm having your top 5 list can I have cream puffs for dessert then? I laughed. I thought you were trying to lose weight, do you really want both? I see what you're saying he says but I don't care right now. I think both would be great.
Oh, he has a way, doesn't he? I told him over the weekend or when my niece is here July 2 - 5th. No time before then and besides if no one else is here to eat them, he will eat them all. I told him I was helping him. He stuck out his lower lip as if to pout. I just laughed.
Besides food this weekend I made him watch a baseball game yesterday when we were all down working. I recorded it so we could watch it later. Sat down and watched a thrilling game and another triple play that ended the game. My team made the triple play that ended the game in a win for us. Double and triple plays when done well to me are like ballet. Beautiful thing.

10 comments:
So many houses we looked at were empty or had minimally staged furniture. I guess it must be a trend to "slim down" the house with things not on the counters or in closets to give it a look of lots of storage etc, but it seems like you do have a lot of closet space in your bedroom. I got hosed at one house we looked at when we lived in Billings, Montana. I thought it had a lot of storage space (because nothing was out in a cluttered manner) but in reality it hardly had any storage space. Lesson learned for other houses we bought down the line. That's the first thing I look for; storage in the kitchen, linen closets, the like. Good luck getting the house ready; such a pain! It will be worth it in the end when it sells and you can close this chapter of your life and move on to "greener pastures."
betty
The realtor that sold my house a few years ago was pretty opinionated and demanding about how the place should look but the couple who ended up buying came at the worst possible time and without much warning -- both my grandkids were visiting and the place was a mess with their clothes and toys and feeding them. They must have seen beyond that because they made a good offer.
From what I've been hearing on the news, there are more buyers than homes available. Consequently, homes are selling like hot cakes with no price negotiations and none of the usual staging the realtor is having you do.
It makes my shoulders tense up to think about what you are going through. When I moved out the first time it all fit in my car. If only moving could still be like that.
A woman I talked to recently says her realtor wouldn't even let her leave a container of cotton balls on the bathroom counter.
Realtors all seem to want a very different home. Mine wanted to take away all the photos. As far as the kitchen was concerned, he didn't want anything on the counters. I was getting angry with some of these crazy ideas but the home sold. I was shocked at how much money these people make after the house was sold. No wonder they have gigantic homes, fancy cars, members in a golf course and so on. Oh well, I've moved on. Good luck Peg.
Cruisin Paul
I guess they would rather you just moved out and took all your stuff with you. I so feel for you and this really stressful time you are going through. I thought the real estate market was so hot right now that a barn could sell itself full of animals.
Hope this staging doesn't last long and you can move on soon.
Well that's annoying that the cleaners were flakes.
Since you are moving can you start boxing up your clothes? Are you going to have movers do that part?
Oh lord! It never ends!
Betty - I understand now wanting a cluttered home but some of this is just stupid to me.
Olga - see? I get that the house should be picked up but you have to live. It's not like Rick's shorts are on the floor.
Boots- yes they sell in mere hours and if the dumb next door can do so well I really don't think I should have an issue.
🤞
Barbara - it makes me feel the same!
Jean - I am not surprised. Mine are in a pretty container that matches the soap dispenser. That is crazy to put away.
Paul - they make waaay too much money for what their job is.
Patti - it is that hot, but that doesn't stop crazy realtors. the worse is yet to come. I must move out for 4 days from 9-5 while they go through my home. Where will we go? We can't afford to just take off or go to a hotel for heaven's sake.
Julie - yes it was annoying you are correct! I have began boxing up the linen closet and all clothes closets. I have been packing the dining room etc. Movers are moving our furniture but we are packing most of the stuff. Not all but most.
Linda, oh why would we want it to? LOL
Post a Comment