Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Wanna Go For A Ride?

Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week. 
Then 8 more days after that.
Ooh, we're down to the wire.

I've had a tough week of concentrating on what is needed to be done in the house.
The dog has been needy and I really hate when she is like that. Yesterday I drove to Middleburg VA for Izzy to chill out. (24 miles) She loves car rides as I have mentioned. She was super hyper yesterday. I took her swimming for an hour. She kept bugging me in the office, herding me downstairs. She just wasn't napping. She was acting like a puppy, not a 12.5-year-old dog. When she came to the office I'd think she needed to go out but she wanted to sit on the stoop. I had no time for that. Then I realized it was lunchtime. I was going to UPS at lunch. 

I got ready to go. As soon as she sees me grab my keys and purse she runs to the door. She thinks she is going for a ride. And this time she was. I took her with me since the weather was cooler and lower humidity. It's been nirvana after our storm on Monday night. 

We went to UPS and then I drove out to Middleburg. My phone was ringing off the hook due to the Facebook posting I talked about earlier. Because I'm driving I have a message that says I'm driving and I'll get back to you. 
It is a godsend. 
So Izzy and I drove to Middleburg with the sunroof open and the radio blaring. 
She began to snore and I knew it did the trick. By the time we got back home (1 hr) she was still sleepy so she came inside, and plopped down on her bed and crashed. Whew. I could get some work done. I love how the car calms her down. But seriously driving and wasting gas isn't good.

I love the phones not ringing off the hook. I've played some hooky. What are they gonna do to me now? I'm outta here. This happens because we are no longer on google or bing. Website still up too. Big difference when no advertising dollars are spent. 

I can barely watch baseball these days. The showboating, the cheating, my team playing like they are 2nd string, high school ballplayers. It's weird because I actually skipped last night's game. Rick came over to me and touched my forehead and I asked what he was doing. He said making sure you aren't feverish, not watching a game that is televised? I laughed and said I recorded it I may check in on it but no, it makes me sick and I've had enough of that feeling this week.

Instead, I watched some wood porn with Rick. He gets so excited about this or that lathe or this or that wood. "Oh, Margaret look at this bowl and how he turned it."
I'm thinking, "do I have to?" But I do because he is so damn cute how excited this makes him and I know he wants to talk to me about it. But seriously it's not my thing any more than baseball is his. But like him, I will watch because I love him just as he does my games.
Right about now I think I could turn my own bowl or vase. If only the tools didn't scare me. I almost lost a digit when using the saw once and now I'm afraid of his tools. Pitiful I know.😂

10 comments:

Mike said...

Tell Rick I have a Shop Smith, that I never use anymore. One of these days I might use it again.... maybe.

Julie H said...

I've recently noticed that if I am feeling a little stressed my dog Rusty comes and gets super annoying and acts like he wants to go outside. I've finally figured out he's like a reverse therapy dog haha. Or maybe it does work since eventually I give in and take him outside and have a 5.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, hmmm....maybe she felt this on me yesterday. Now ya got me thinking.so I have an anti-therapy dog. 😆

Olga said...

Sounds like short timers syndrome -- not sure if it's Izzy or you though.

betty said...

Dogs are perceptive if picking up their owner's feelings, etc. I bet Izzy was picking up the stress you were going through regarding your sister. Its nice that the ride calmed her down enough to sleep. Glad the "darn" phone is quieting down! What a relief!

betty

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I used to turn bowls and candle sticks for dollhouses on a tiny machine made for turning small stuff like that. It was fun. I can understand Rick's fascination for wood porn.

Arkansas Patti said...

I'm leaning towards the others that Izzy was trying to calm you down (instead of you calming her) by keeping you moving. Think it worked on you both.
Understand about baseball. We are in a June Swoon now and just can't win. Yesterday was 9 innings of nothing on either side. Sandy kept it scoreless for 9 plus innings, then a Cardinal walk off. Sigh. I could have slept.

Cruisin Paul said...

Have you two thought about retiring and enjoying life? I think Izzy would love it. Just thinking Peg. Have a wonderful Thursday my friend from your friend from Canada.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, are you joking? we are retiring July 1st is our 1st day of no work.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Betty and Patti - you may both be correct and she was trying to help me. She sure kept me busy so it worked. :-)

Jean, that's cool that you made spindles. Next you too will be watching Youtube videos on TV like Rick.