Monday, June 28, 2021

Performance Reviews.

I screwed up a phone number last week for Rick. 
As is the case I transposed 2 numbers. I hate that I do that to him but c'mon it's the last 4 days he won't have to deal with this again! (geez I hope not!)

He called me and said, "This is going on your job performance review before we leave missy" 

I said all while laughing, "well won't it be my exit interview so why do I care?"

"Well if you ever wish to be employed again."

"I don't sir, I'm retiring"

"What about all that talk about working after we move?"

"I don't need to tell them I ever worked here."
He just laughed.

It's bad enough working with your spouse. Can you imagine if we gave each other job reviews? He'd be fired for his attitude most days. His grumpiness when he returns to the office. I don't care about your traffic, be nice to the people running your company! Oh yea, if he can play this game so can I😛  

This came up on my Facebook feed.
I went back to Facebook to get some info and to message someone. 
I used to be able to use messenger without having facebook activated but not anymore. This popped up into my feed from a memory.
This is from the way back machine - 1987 at Fort Myers Beach.
This is Rick and Me of course. Please do not tease me about the awful hair at the beach.
I already know!!  I like how Rick is looking at me and he likes that he can be without his shirt. 🤣🤣🤣  Ah youth, We were just 31 yrs old here.

8 Years Ago

JuSmftnoSartpgoe n2soer8, t2ec01ht3dgg 
Shared with Your friends
Friends
We found this from 1987 - OMG what the hell was I thinking with those big red glasses?...and that hair? Rick's porn 'stache is a damn hoot!!
Okay, giggles over - go out and make it a fabulous day!!

10 comments:

Julie H said...

You guys are adorable!

I hate reviews. We have to do them 4 times a year now which is really stupid. Most of my review usually ends up being my boss asking me what she needs to change lol.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, when he started this company I only thought I'd be here to help get it off the ground. So I would always defer to him. Then he wanted me to stay on - he trusted me. So then I tell him what to do all the time :-)

grammyscraps said...

I think you both look gorgeous.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well Grammyscraps - thank you but not anymore :-) That was 34 years ago!
Ah, we're alive, we're kickin' and 2 more days of work and we're retiring. Yee Haa !

betty said...

Love the picture from the 80s of you two! We all have regrets on our looks and what we wore then, I know I do! The end is in sight for your retirement! You can do this!

Betty

Arkansas Patti said...

Wow, just two days. You have earned the right to do only what pleases. So happy for you both.
Weren't those glasses from the Sally Jesse Raphael era? Think Rick was giving you a smoldering Rhett Butler look and you looked like you knew you were out of his league but chose to humor him:)
Seriously---I agree with Grammy--You are a great looking couple.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Betty, oh so true about my huge shoulder pads etc.
We were cute back in the day but like a shiny penny it has worn off. He's still cute to me and that is all that matters.

Patti - I KNOW! I just read what you wrote to Rick. He laughed and said he wore me down to date him and I was outta his league. Hardly! The shine may have worn off our looks but we are still the same inside and that is all that matters. No one can make me laugh like him or piss me off like him. He is skilled in that way! And yes, that was the Sally Jesse Raphael era. I forgot about her. Good catch.

Mike said...

Sally Jesse Raphael started her show here in St. Louis which has a high Catholic population. I forget how long she lasted here but it wasn't long. People were getting up and walking out in the middle of her show. St. Louis prudes, gotta love 'em. ... No I don't!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I can truly say I have never seen her show not even back in the 80s. The only talk show I ever saw back in the day was Phil Donahue, who I rather liked. But Ricki Lake, Maury, Sally or the blonde Jenny something who was sued for someone dying after her show. I have never watched an episode. But they show outrageous clips all the time so we could see that this was not in any way informative or useful.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Aww, such a cute photo of the two of you!