Thursday, June 3, 2021

Parade of Realtors

Tuesday - Realtor #1 was terrific!!  She was running late and called to let us know. 
She was super professional, with no boobs hanging out like the last one. 
Gorgeous woman and on the ball. 
She gave great suggestions. She laid out our fees and even went so far as to show us what we'd get at 600K and 630k.
She seems to think 630 will be the magic number. Can't wait to hear from the others regarding that. 

Look this above shows you why we have to leave. A townhome at this price is crazy stupid.  Granted I have a nice townhome but it's not worth this price to me. But we have a new Amazon headquarters and Google and let us not forget government so there is a lot of money and people here. Good for me to sell but not to live. We can't find anything here under 750k that isn't a real hot mess so we have to leave. 750k would still be a fixer-upper with no money left to fixer up! 

Retirement should not be house rich and cash poor. And we can't stay in this 3 level home because Rick is not dealing well with stairs and it's not fun for me either.
Honestly, we just keep repeating, we did everything we were told to do, we did 'everything right' but everything went wrong...and here we are in this mess and we must plow through. If there is a lesson to learn here I haven't learned it.

Wednesday - Realtor #2 -  I wrote to confirm he was coming because he wasn't returning calls. He wrote back that he forgot his nephew's graduation. We had the appointment for a month and he just now sees this on his calendar? Hmmm.....I rescheduled because it may be true. I don't feel like it is though. Because I want Rick to be here to talk to them and more importantly to hear them it's always difficult to schedule. They all want to be here at 1pm. Not sure if we will have him come back or just move forward. I'm not at all surprised by this. But I want to give him the benefit of our doubts. If I hadn't reached out would he have told me he wasn't coming? So his first strike is unprofessional. I know you are thinking, boy I'm tough. Maybe. But damn it, you have a job. Your job is to control the flow of your appointments and to attend them for one thing. If you can't do that how will you handle the tough work that is going to transpire moving forward?  I did this type of work. You know who you are seeing and when. You follow up and reconfirm. If I ever did this type of thing in my previous life/career I can tell you I'd have been eaten alive in Manhattan. Although I still say the customers I had in Manhattan and the boroughs were far superior to people around here. Straight up no chaser people - my kind of people. Never rude, just to the point. No lying to me, just telling me like it is. Their time was as important as mine and they treated me that way. It's a whole new world down here now. 

But then I had a relapse and spending all my time in the bathroom. I got an email late last nite from my doctor. My C4a is off the charts. This is inflammation in your body. This inflammation is causing all my issues. ALL. 

The range is 0-2,830 for a normal range. Mine is over 62,000.  And boy am I feeling awful. It makes one look awful too. Just plain sucks. And yet no doctor can fix this. I'll do anything, not eat anything, eat whatever they want, take whatever pill, I just want this fixed! Anyhoo....

Thursday - Realtor #2 I responded to his email about his nephew's graduation. I honestly felt after our conversation back and forth he just didn't want to come out this far. That was fine. I let him off the hook. He said thank you and that was that.

Realtor #3 is the realtor who left the package on my porch with chocolate and his marketing materials. He was so smooth but aggressive in a non-aggressive way if that makes sense to you. I really wanted to see him. But I had a relapse.  I am in a lot of pain and other things so Rick asked if we could cancel him and just go with Ms. Redfin because he really liked her commission structure and he liked her.  Okay, are you sitting down? While normally Rick loves everybody when it comes to a professional he isn't easy to please. Ya think I'm picky! HA.  Rick was an HR person. He is a stickler. The woman blew him away. I was glad because I thought she was everything we've been looking for in all our home searches over the years. (Mike, we are calling her a "Claudia" and that is a compliment!)

So I had to tell Matthew or realtor #3 that we were not meeting. As a good salesperson, he left the door open in case things didn't work out. No, that isn't what he said but I did relationship sales for over 25 yrs I can spot a good one - he was doing exactly as I would have done. You never know. I told him to find a great buyer for us both so he didn't lose all the commission since we didn't choose him. 
He laughed and asked if I was in sales before.  Yep, we knew one another. 

So we put the house on the market on July 8th. You can not see our garage.
I do not know how Rick will finish it. He works until June 30th. (and 2 weekends) We have told customers should they wish to not do the job. One man told us he'd rather have a great job done than another job half-ass done that he has to call back over and over again. So we gave them an out. I mean what does a 5 yr warranty say if we aren't here. We gave them options. All residential wanted to move forward. Our commercial work and cabinet work is just moving forward. 
So that was a positive.  

Apparently, they will have this open house frenzy for the 8th - 11th 
Then we will review offers and go with the one we want of course. 
🤞

17 comments:

Julie H said...

Woohooo exciting!!

Your poor body do they have anything to treat you with? Doesn't sound like it so far :(

Mike said...

62,000! Wow! Mold and Lime disease. Or both for you. The national health service has 1700 articles on c4a. I'll read all of them and get back to you. HA!

I need a picture of Ms. Refin. I don't know why. I just do.

Are you sure you can't get a million+ for your condo?

Is Rick going to do a side business or really retire?

What else can I ask... Hmmmm.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, I've spent thousands and no one has a clue!!

Mike - if you find a solution to it let me know. I don't have lyme and I am not around mold. I've had this for 30 years, it just now is so bad it's off the charts making me sick and no one knows how to fix it. Crazy. Those that do charge $1000 to see them and thousands more on their pills that are not a drug but their holistic approach that doesn't work. Oh and all doctors who take insurance thinks this is phyco babble and those that believe it don't take insurance. One guy told me for 15K he could help me. OMG!
No, I wish we could get a million dollars. but darn it not gonna happen. I'll try to find her photo on line. She is of Indian Heritage and she has beautiful skin and hair.

Arkansas Patti said...

So glad you picked # l. She sounds like someone both of you can work with and will do the right thing by you. I sold my place in Florida during a similar real estate boom. It sold in one day at way over asking price but if I were to stay in Florida, I'd could only make a lateral move with that money. Everything there was overpriced just like my place. Glad you are thinking another state.
Maybe when this is all over, some of your health problems will also improve. Stress can really tear us down physically. Been there, done that.

Olga said...

I hope all goes well for your home sale. It can be a nightmare to juggle everything while selling, retiring, buying, moving. Being in the bathroom while all that is taking place has to be the worst!!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Wow, this is exciting but I'm sorry your health is making it hard for you. There's enough stress involved with selling and moving that you don't need to be feeling bad on top of it. Best of luck. Let us know about the photo session they do on your house. I've never been through that...sold my last houses back in the last century when they didn't do videos and tons of stills.

Susan Kane said...

In riveting pain and also trying to making major decisions, you and Rick sure have your hands full.
I will pray for you. I promise,

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, well it sounds like you lived this. AAAHHH. I am a type A personality. I like all my ducks in a row and organization and things in control or me in control. LOL but I have no control right now or at least it feels that way. Fun times 😁

Olga - I find it to be one of the top 4 of my big stresses in life. I will survive. But I'd have been fine not to live this. I whine while others have it far worse I know! That is not lost on me. But my blog is where I vent out my stress, better than alcohol. wink wink

Jean - oh some of the things she wants me to do for photos is odd to me but I will abide. I'll show them all to you when I have them. I never had to do this before either. They just put up a sign, get on the MLS and people made appointments to see your home. Now they do from 9-5 for 4 days and then done.

Susan - We do have our hands full but you know, whining on my blog is helpful Not to you nice bloggers but it helps me get it out.😊 Thanks for the prayers.

betty said...

Sorry about your health issues, definitely not a good time for them to be occurring. Glad you got a realtor you can work with. She seems sharp on her toes. Time will go by fast from now and when your place lists next month.

Betty

Ann said...

Have you considered trying a low carb diet? It helps with inflammation. It takes a while, but should help within a few weeks or a month. Try following Dr. Eric Westman's diet. He is a professor at Duke University in NC and has been treating people for decades. He has a new book out called, "Ending the Carb confusion" which explains it all. I have very painful arthritis and it helps me a lot as it cuts the inflammation. Wouldn't hurt to try it! Best wishes.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ann, I don't eat carbs except vegetables and some fruit. I am also celiac so most carbs are gluten. I only eat protein and veggies. This is HUGE all body inflammation. Around my organs etc. I will check out his book though it can't hurt. Thanks Ann

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Betty, thx. Time is going faster than me most days. I hear you!!

Cruisin Paul said...

We had to leave our large home because I couldn't take the stairs anymore. This realtor who was a friend showed us a wonderful smaller home, exactly what we wanted. We have moved into this new home since November ( it's now June ) and all we have is the house from HELL. Problems upon problems, lights flashing around everywhere in the house, water coming out of the wall instead of the pipe and more. I wish I hadn't moved. I don't believe that realtors and builders really care about us. All they want is the MONEY.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul - you should call Mike Holmes in Canada. He fixes issues like this if you write to him for free. When contractors mess up a home he swoops in and "makes it right" I certainly would try. I'm sorry you are going through all this grief. Fingers crossed my new place won't have these issues.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul - try this!!
https://makeitright.ca/casting-call/#:~:text=Please%20send%20us%20your%20story,let%20them%20know%20to%20apply.

Barbara said...

Boy, things have really moved forward in my hiatus. I'm reading in reverse order so have you decided on a location? Was it where you went in the RV? Let me know.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, we are moving to the Raleigh NC area. I don't have a home yet. Have to sell ours first. But one floor so no more steps! Goes on the market on the 8th. :-)