There is a lot I am unable to say. But I will share my feelings. It has been a harrowing, painful, tear-filled, scary, angry 4 days. I have had every emotion imaginable.
Here is what was on Facebook. Since this is public knowledge I can share this much.
The woman missing is my sister Ann. Last seen on Saturday night.
Thankfully late yesterday she was found and is now home, well, our mom's home. There was no way she could stay alone in her apartment after this. Thankfully through social media, she was found. I so wish I could say more but police are involved and if you ever watch Dateline you know I must be careful about what I saw here. I don't want to jeopardize anything here. My niece posted this late yesterday. I feel these can be posted here since they saved her life and it was all over social media.
I knew she was headed to the hospital and police and then to my mom's. Maybe not even in that order but you get it.
I did not call because in all honestly we've been communicating so much over text, calls and social media that I was happy she was found, somewhat safe, and home with her loved ones. I have not called there because I wanted them all to have some space. Her daughter called me to let me know the situation and that she was headed to the places I listed above.
I have never been a fan of facebook as you all know but through FB she was found and the reason she was found. When I can tell you everything I will certainly tell you how FB made this possible and how I will be forever grateful.
I have not always been as close to this sister as I would have liked.
She went through some really bad times as she was growing up with drugs etc. Because I am 15 yrs older than her I was out of the house during most of this but I still saw it and felt the repercussions of her behavior.
In and out of rehabs and making horrific choices that caused a lot of pain for our family and then hers. But even through all that grief, you don't stop loving your sister. I saw her a few weeks ago when I went home. She came up to mom's to visit. Then last week we had the best conversation and after this happened I replayed it over and over again in my head. I was praying that wasn't our last conversation.
I have not spoken to my mom during this whole ordeal. I didn't wish to add any more pressure or make her talk about it. I just spoke to my sisters and Ann's daughters, my nieces. Because they were all staying at my mom's home I knew she was being well taken care of.
No one can do stoic like my mom. :-)
So there ya go. It's all I can muster for today.
Not that any of this is about me, but after I got word she was found I was able to sleep. It felt wonderful.


15 comments:
My goodness, Peggy. How scary for all of you. I'm thankful that she's back with her family and working things out, but I'm sure it's traumatic for you all. Rest up.
Facebook reunites a lot of people and animals. When used for good, Facebook can't be beat.
Glad your family got your sister back.
Abby, you know it's horrible being on this end but nothing like what she has had to endure for days. I wish I could share. Everything sinister you can think of was done to her.
Jean, so I have learned. :-)
Oh wow that is scary! I can't imagine the worry and fear you must have been feeling but I'm so glad she's now safe. I hope whatever trauma your sister has been through can be healed with time.
OMG that sounds horrible if it is what I'm imagining. TG she is safe now.
Dear God, I can't imagine what you, her family and she herself had been through and am only so grateful she is back home. I hope she gets the help she will need to recover and that goes for you and her family. Don't feel badly about seeking counseling and leaning on eachother.
Prayers for you all.
LLCool - thank you!
Julie - it was what you are imagining.
Patti - oh yes.we all understand and embrace that. What a week. I can no longer ever watch Dateline. Too real now. Not a movie with bad people.
Holy Moly! Your right about Dateline. That's how most all them start out. So and so is missing, were putting up posters. But on Dateline they never turn out good. This probably won't be Dateline eligible.
Mike, thank God.
OH honey, I am so sorry but glad she has been found. I wish her peace and healing.
So glad she was found, but what an ordeal it must have been.
Oh wow! So sorry to hear this but so glad your sister was found. Hoping for healing for her and for all of you through this awful ordeal!
betty
Margaret, you know I'm rape survivor with violence experience. If I can do anything to help, have her reach out to me. It is good to hear that you can live through these things and that you are not the only one with horror to deal with.
So sorry for you and your family for going through this experience. I'm glad she was found and that FB is good for something! I hope she is well.
Thank you Barbara for this kind offer. She has been sent to a support group. If she needs further I will be sure to have her reach out. She is doing better than I would be that is for certain.
Post a Comment