Have you seen all the hoopla regarding The Bachelor/Bachelorette host Chris Harrison?
I do not watch the show. I refuse to watch this insipid backward-thinking show. When it first came on I had a hemorrhage. Why on earth would a woman go on this show? Have some pride, please!
You are picked like a prize heifer.
You are paraded around with other women making it a competition like a county fair.
Whatever happened to playing a little hard to get?
Making a man chase you because he likes you not because he knows by week's end he will bed you along with the other dozen women in that 'room' they talk about on talk shows?
I said this to a friend who watches it and she told me one year a girl refused to have sex and she was let go by the Bachelor. What a surprise.
She really thought she was in this to find a relationship.
Really? I want to scoop up these young girls and give them some love and attention that they are craving and send them off to a school to learn self-esteem, pride, and that you can find a partner in life without having it be a contest prize winner.
This show seems to me to be all so he can sleep with a dozen women on the show and have some fun. I guess if you think boys will be boys this is not a big deal. Hell, who didn't sleep around in their 20s? I get it.
But if it were your daughter would it be a big deal? Would you want her being treated like this? Would you encourage her to be on a show like this?
Very few end up in a real relationship and that isn't a surprise.
It pits women against women for what? A loser who wants to just have some fun and use you? Or further his career? Look how many have dumped the women to be on TV for their "new" career. I read People magazine I've seen it a dozen times.
Gee let's get in the hot tub and make out with man #1 and then a few hours later swap spit with man #2. Save time let Man 1 and 2 swap spit and leave you out of it.
Now there is all this "controversy" Sure the host was a clueless bastard and said some strange things about race relations. He has lost his job.
However, the show should be canceled for what the show is, not just getting rid of the neanderthal host. Every young girl who watches this dribble then thinks this is normal behavior now. I will flirt, I will push aside another person's feelings, I will do whatever to get my man and the blue ribbon.
But again, it's not the man, it's the contest and they want to win.
It is such an archaic game and it makes me angry. And I am not just blaming the men. The women do it for notoriety as well because God knows the hero they look up to is Kim Khardasian. It will make me a reality "star" they think. I'll be famous. Why fame? I never wanted fame. Career, travel and love, but never fame. I don't think fame would be fun one bit.
Rick said these women are all sad to him. He thinks they all lack self-esteem. He would be so upset if his daughter stooped to this level to do this show. I understand that. And who knows she is divorced but I think she has maxed out on the age limit here.
And have you ever seen previews?
Everyone crying because they are in love,
Men crying because they loved her? That kills me. How are you in love when you are only going on staged dates and bedding her for just 2 weeks? I like a man who can cry, but when I see them weeping about a woman they just met after two whole dates, well, I'm sorry, you are either acting or you're a damn fool.
This goes both ways again. Women here are just as bad as the men. This is not men bashing.
You don't have to watch this show to know what is going on if you watch the morning news, read magazines, or watch TV talk shows.
Apparently, Jimmy Kimmel watches this stuff. It is all that is on of late.
I will never ever watch. It goes against my core beliefs.
I am old. I realize this fact every day lately.
I am thankful I met my husband the old-fashioned way.
A personal ad made from a bet with 3 girlfriends. 🤣🤣
16 comments:
Never underestimate what people will do to get on TV.
I don't think there's ever been a contestant who's been unable to get a date if he or she wanted one.
I hate the show The Bachelor/Bachelorette . It's useless. It's a money maker and that's all. I feel sorry for these men & women. It's not normal. These people are are not the normal everyday people. As you can see Peg. I hate the show and don't watch these shows. Ugh!
Cruisin Paul
bluzdude, excellent point!
Paul, I hear ya!!
I've never watched because of its shallow asinine premise. I didn't even know there was controversy.
I think I watched the first one years ago and was turned off immediately. You pointed out every reason why. Can't understand its popularity unless there are that many voyeurs in the world.
I watched a couple of seasons of show just to figure out why the heck it's so popular. Basically, the men and women who go on it think they are taking a shortcut to a modeling, singing or TV career. They want to be famous. People who like the show seem to get into the backbiting between the contests. You should see the message boards after an episode to really understand its fans. It's shallow as all get out and the few successful marriages that did generate from the show were just flukes in my opinion. Finding love was never the goal. Showcasing hot guys and girls was the goal.
Abby, hope ur new job is going well. The day I wrote this i saw it on GMA, Jimmy Kimmel, and it's all over the web. Sick of it.
Patti, I'd like to think you are a woman of good taste.
Jean, you hit the nail on the head. Backbiting makes me very uncomfortable so to me that wouldn't be enjoyable to watch.
I don't watch it but I have a friend that does. I think a lot of women just go on it to get a break into Hollywood not really to get married.
I get why the contestants are on it ~ as mentioned, they are hoping to "make it" in some form or fashion in Hollywood. What I don't get is why people watch it. I find it sad and distasteful. Besides, I don't really enjoy "reality tv". I'd rather watch something that's there for entertainment, or history, or nature shows. I think I caught 5 minutes of the show once, and shuddering, went on to something else.
I had seen something about Chris leaving the show but I didn't know he was fired or why. I don't have regular channels anymore so I am lucky enough to miss that show but those darn 90 Days shows and the Real Housewives of Wherever are all over those channels I do pay for. I am offended they are even on an app I pay for. There must be audiences for these programs or they wouldn't keep making them. Try a documentary is my advice.
It's - agreed! distasteful is an excellent word. I watch reality shows on the cooking channel - is that reality? that is the closest I get to a reality show is watching someone cook or bake in a contest. Woo-hoo.
Barbara - I watch so many docs. Watching Tom Arnold's sister who was a real-life Breaking Bad in the midwest. She was the drug kingpin for over 4 states.Yes, she did prison time. She is lucky to be alive.
I have never watched one of these shows for all your well stated reasons. I generally dislike all shows based on competition and weekly elimination. They don't make sense to me.
I think Jimmy Kimmel is required to showcase the show because it's on ABC. I think Kimmel is smarter than that but also smart enough not to screw up his late-night contract.
Never watched it but totally agree with your assessment of this show and others like it. I dont get why they are so popular but I never got why some people raved about Big Brother either. Terrible way to tell your children how you met their mom if marriage did result from the show.
Betty
Peggy, I've never watched this show... but then, I don't care much for reality shows. (Watched "Hoarders" for a little while... really motivates you to get rid of clutter - but even that got disgusting after a bit). We're not into that type of TV. But I really like a good movie or mystery!
Post a Comment