Oh, how this made me laugh!
Sorry guys this shingles shit is kicking my butt. Seems silly that some bumps and a very swollen eye can be so painful. It really zaps my energy and I am still working. Napping when I can. Thank God for the drugs. I feel constantly buzzed and while this is a feeling I normally do not enjoy, at least not from pain pills anyway, I am thankful to feel that way and to have less pain.
Life through modern chemistry. 😉
12 comments:
Ha, I've seen this clip of the old couple. Some likely genuinely feel like that!
I've heard shingles is awful, and I'm glad your meds are helping with the pain! Take it easy. Nap. We'll wake you when it's over!
Abby, Still working but it's like part-time. Thankfully since this shingles shit is a beast. My eye is open now. It was swollen shut for days. Now it just looks like domestic violence vs. a bout with Mike Tyson. I know I should never joke about domestic abuse. It is ugly, itchy, burning and painful. I xure can't ask for anything more now can I? :-)
I've heard that stuff is really painful. I don't know enough about it but I think it is created internally as opposed to catching it. At this point I don't think I could stand anything else happening. Bless you.
Barbara, you are correct this is not contagious to anyone except a baby and anyone who has never had chickenpox. I can't give it back to Rick etc. When your immune system is stressed this can happen if you've had chickenpox before.
I can catch things though. Because I have a weakened immune system right now I am not allowed to go out even with mask and gloves. She said it was too risky for me. I have to wait 14-21 days. Rick will have to pick up the slack. It is very very painful. Nerve pain is the pain with shingles.
Oh dear Lord Peg. I feel so bad for you. I just got home from having a blood test and it took two nurses three shots until the last one in my hand that worked. That's nothing compared to what you are dealing with. I glad you have medicine to handle the shingles. I'll be thinking about you my friend.
Cruisin Paul
LMAO, I'm still happy mine is going to work!
Julie, it is funny isn't it? This is my sister in law.
That was funny. Absolutely no hesitation on her part:))
Sure wish you were feeling better girl but glad you have some meds that help some. Each day you get through is one day closer to the end.
I found out yesterday at Walgreens is not doing shots during the pandemic. So if the pandemic hangs on, I may never get the newer shot!
I'm glad you are feeling better, but sad you had to experience this during an already difficult time. I hope you are much improved soon!
Romeo and I had the first shingles vaccine years ago, and then had the two part shot 2 or 3 years ago. However, it does not promise that you will never have shingles...only reduces the likelihood down to 30% or so.
You have my sympathy. I had a nasty case of shingles about 15 years ago and it kicked my butt. Took about a month to be completely over it. I hope yours is gone soon.
Jono, thanks! It is far worse than it's cute little name implies!
Post a Comment