Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Routine

My routine is obviously different from Rick being under foot.
Basically now I just clean up after him and boy it's a pain in the arse.
One can't say my hands aren't clean. Lots of soapy water when you are doing dishes.

He finished the building of this "screen" for lack of a better word to put around the a/c unit to make it less hideous on our patio. I have to paint the wood now to match the screens. I will show you a picture when it's done. He did this on Saturday and I was planning to paint it on the patio on Sunday. The weather gods did not agree. But it's not like I don't have the time to do it on another day.

I am still quite shocked at the number of people calling us.
I had a man scream at me because we weren't coming to his home.
He had an estimate done in January and he told me he was now ready to pull the trigger. Guess what? We are not going into homes that are not vacant.
I told him we can book something for a later date but we are not doing this right now with a state lockdown. We are not a grocery store or a medical facility and that is all that is allowed to be open. (oh and the liquor stores - crazy right?) So this man went on a tirade. 
Said he was selling his home. Oh, ya think you're selling right now do ya?  Idiot. He was livid. I just let him scream and he went on and on as I was typing an email to another customer. 

Obviously, this man has not taken to being kind during this pandemic he wants to fight. 
When he was done he sighed. As I began to speak since he came up for air he then hung up before I could talk. 
His profanities were priceless and ones you don't hear often so that was a nice change of pace and a bit entertaining. 
Lookin' at the bright side here.

Here are some pros and cons to quarantine:
Pros:
  • I get to spend a much better time with Rick. Not 100% work, just us being us.  It's a good thing!
  • If I don't get something done I can say, well I'll have the time tomorrow
  • I watched a 6 episode doc with my boyfriend Craig Ferguson on Prime.  Always nice to see a boyfriend while in quarantine.
  • Creative cooking by you know who
  • I am watching movies and not feeling guilty that I am doing that in the middle of the day. I would never watch a movie in the middle of the day if there was laundry to do or whatever.  I like this I must admit.
  • More music in the house.
  • With Rick being home, the dog won't walk with me unless Rick is with us. So I walk the dog less which means no bra!!  That is worth the whole quarantine!
  • No makeup and hairstyling every day.
  • Made a mask. Not at all difficult without sewing and you can put a filter in it.
Cons:
  • eating too much.
  • drinking too much.
  • can't fit into my jeans.
  • feel like crap
  • laying around waaaaay too much!
  • I realize I need a schedule/routine and this ain't it. 
  • mean customers who don't understand a pandemic. They are dropping like flies in our area and they don't get it? 
  • can't find TP anywhere. 
  • Rick uses gloves at work and he can't get them for work. He is down to 50 pairs left. That is not enough for him to finish out the next 2 weeks at the empty hotel. 
Overall I like my life in quarantine. As I said yesterday if it weren't for the pesky death thing and financial ruin I am fine being stuck in the house with Rick and Izzy. I love our little world. 
But I need to focus and I want this week to be more productive than last. 
I also need to find TP and some gloves for Rick. Big goals.  
My other 2 goals are that when this is over my office will be freshly painted and new. And lastly my most difficult goal is to get out of this not weighing more than an elephant. 

19 comments:

Olga said...

I conclude that some people think they are the only ones in the world that matter -- so entitled to exactly what they want they don't even consider they endanger themselves. In the meantime they effectively prolong the pandemic for everyone. Wish I knew one of those priceless profanities to use right now!

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

My goals this week was also to get into a better routine and find toilet paper! So far neither is happening.

Can't believe anyone things they're going to sell a house right now. Who would even buy considering the uncertainly of the economy?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

From my seat in the world Olga I couldn't agree more.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, the economy stuff doesn't show its effects here as much as the rest of the world. The last recession was slower but everyone works in gov't and those that don't make boo-coup dollars as well and don't care. They didn't spend because they were told not to, not because they couldn't. I do not fit the average pattern here, hence why I must move. This morning I have booked 5 jobs for May. I don't think we will be able to do them, but people think so quite optimistically. I have lived in a lot of places. This is a society unto itself and it's an odd one.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

This is my fav part of your post " if it weren't for the pesky death thing and financial ruin"...although it's technically NOT funny, if we can't find the humor in our global situation, all hope is lost. :-)

I like your pro and con list, may have to give that a go.

Stay safe, y'all.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yvonne, yes it was meant to be funny because honest to God life is if we look. I mean I am loving this time at home so much BUT...
The last guy on my phone in the office wanted to book for MAy 1st. I have no idea, but I'm doubtful, that we will be working on May 1st. But easier to appease him than keep giving him bad news. I figure if we are not I will call him back!

Abby said...

When Denver first announced the lockdown, it included liquor stores. People made a mad dash forming ridiculous lines. Liquor stores get to stay open :P.
But I did hear an explanation, saying alcoholics in the throes of withdrawal would overtax the already overtaxed hospitals. So, eat, drink, and stay home.
Having sold a home recently, it can be stressful, but geez, that guy! Watched the news lately??

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, I find that explanation odd about the liquor stores. That was the reason? Hmm....
I can't remember what day it is and I am a bit confused but I am not drinking during the week. I can't start doing that. I am eating carbs. that is bad enough!! As I stated earlier, I don't have the time for both AA and Over Eaters anonymous. I have to pick one you know? :-)

Brian said...

Ahhh - AA, OA - the steps are the same, just change the subject noun! And yes, this "Flatten the curve" is having the effect of "fattening MY curves". Ugh.

I was able to score 2 boxes of large vinyl gloves, 100 pcs each on Amazon last week. I don't know if they are useful to Rick what with the chemicals he uses, but if you get desperate, I can ship you a box.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, I am still looking. I'll let you know about those gloves. I ordered some and they told me it would be until June. Aargh. Fun times right?

Brian said...

Just let me know on those gloves. I only use them for the waste line on the camper. Might not see much use this year. I alsdo have what I need at work too, so no worries there.

Shouldn't take more than 2 - 3 days to get to you.

Arkansas Patti said...

You found Craig?? I miss that sexy Scotsman.
Had to laugh at the bra thing. I went to the store this morning during senior time (I was not carded) and was delighted to see all the masks and finally got TP. About time-for the masks and TP. Then came home to mow the yard. Just now took off my bra and you could hear my sigh on the street. That was the longest I have worn one since this all started.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, Craig is on Amazon prime and the show about him is called Hobo Fabulous. Hope you can see it.

Mike said...

"less hideous on our patio"
ARGH! Being an old telephone man I used to hate it when I would go into someplace to work on equipment and it's been 'hidden' because who wants to look at that?

I'm sure Rick made sure the outside unit has plenty of airflow around it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, it's similar to what he made 20 yrs ago, just a new one. Oh yes, I've heard his man stories of air flow.No top, no back. It moves so if someone has to get to this, just pick it up and move it. Y'all going to make me paint this soon so I can show you. Promise air flow.

Cruisin Paul said...

What I like about this set up ( I'm still going crazy at times ) is the relaxful time I enjoy. I use to wake up around 8:00 - 8:30 even 9 sometimes but now I'm up around 6:00 - 6:30 every day now. I set up my wife's coffee and when she gets up its ready for her. I find my life much easy then before. Unfortunately mankind needed this virus to slow us down. I hope that the world learns. It's a shame that all of these people had to die. But you know what's wrong? The leaders of the world haven't learned a thing. Please keep safe Peg, Rick & Izzy.

Cruisin Paul
Amherstburg, Ontario, CANADA

RO said...

It saddens me that people still don't understand the need for kindness and support, and feel like cursing out people who are concerned about safety and living. Ru Paul said that he was an introvert masquerading as an extrovert, and that description is perfect for me. I'm okay being at home, but I could probably be eating a lot less while watching Netflix.(lol) Perfect time to get in projects and walk around the neighborhood to get in some steps. Glad that you guys are safe and laughing. Hugs, RO

Julie H said...

I'm working with farmers so they are all still working too. I'm like uh you'll have to put that in the mail since the office building is closed.

Just had my first video staff meeting. 5 minutes before it occurred to me that people might see me. TG I could turn the video of me off lol

Barbara said...

Feeling you, Sister.