Wednesday, April 29, 2020

He Did Not Say That.

It is very early morning.
As you have learned from reading this blog for awhile, I am not a talker in the morning.
Don't worry I make it all up through out the day.☺

I am petting the dog and I sit down. Rick is buzzing around the kitchen. He hands me my coffee as I try to wake.
TV is on in the background.
I swear to God I hear the announcer on the commercial playing say, "he's a selfish prick!"

Well, THAT woke me up!
I began to laugh. Rick's asks what's so funny and he looks toward the tv to see a local car commercial on.
He looks at me bewildered.
I say, I just heard him say "he's a selfish prick. And I know they did not say that on a car commercial"

"Your hearing loss is so damn funny, you may wish to not fix it. I am always amused"

Glad I can help.

12 comments:

Abby said...

Okay, now I'm sitting here trying to think of what a car dealer would say that would be misheard as "he's a selfish prick"!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, we were laughing too hard to rewind to find out. But I was certain it wasn't he's a selfish prick. BTW love your new updated mask photo. You are so damn hip Abby.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I thought maybe you were watching a presidential briefing.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

LOL good one Jean!!

Cruisin Paul said...

I was up at 5:30am this morning, had breakfast and then I watched " Touched By An Angel ". I watch that everyday since I've been quarantined and it makes me feel much better. I don't watch that so called president talk about how great he is. YUK!
Have a wonderful day Peg and stay safe.

Cruisin Paul

Ami said...

We've purchased several cars from various dealers. Selfish prick sounds right to me.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, you guys are on fire today. Good one!!

Arkansas Patti said...

My first thought was like Jeans. But remembering some dealings I have had with car dealers, it could fit there also. I'd have had to back that up to hear what he really said.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I wish at that moment we thought about it, we were laughing too much.

Olga said...

My husband was very hard of hearing and so was his business partner. They used to have the most hilarious conversations usually on two completely different topics.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Olga that's a hoot. Sadly, I understand that too well.

Bohemian said...

I once actually heard the Mayor of Phoenix say something offensive, just the one time, before they whisked it off the air and edited it. They were opening a new Trendy Art installation in Downtown called Melrose, a lot of the LGBTQ Community happen to live in that District. Instead of calling it The Melrose District he actually say the Gayrose District, Freudian Slip perhaps? I know I heard it, but after that, when the clip aired, of coarse they had Edit it out and I wasn't sure anyone Believed he actually said that on live TV!!!!!!!!!!!