I am incredibly tired and sad about all the whining about having to be quarantined. Yes, the memes are damn funny but the bitching has got to stop. Have we forgotten why we are doing this?
I am finding the worst whining and bitching is coming from those most privileged. I get it, you're not used to having to stay put, you eat out 3 or more times a week and now heaven forbid must make your own food, you have money to blow on travel more than most.
And from what I hear worse yet is being in the house with your "loved ones" Really? How sad is that? Maybe this is a time to reevaluate your life, your choices and how to make it all better for yourself.
I honestly understand how difficult this can be for some, but what makes you more special than anyone else?
The hardships that have befallen on those with less than you are really struggling and bitching far less. If you wish to be busy, why not take your whiny ass to the food pantry or food bank. Donate. Get in your car, put on your mask and gloves and bring them things they need desperately. You are doing something wonderful and you are getting to leave your home.
Bake and cook for a homeless shelter.
Stop being so self-centered and acting as if this is only inconveniencing you. A waitress makes $2.xx an hour. So her/his unemployment is based only on her/his $2.xx an hour. Think a wait person can survive on that unemployment which is probably less than $100 a week. How do they eat, keep on the lights and feed their family?
You staying home is saving a grandmother's life, a kid's life, a young person who has his whole future in front of him. This isn't just about you!
To those who are business owners. We are scared shit less.
You all have spent years building your business to have it stop like a faucet. I get it. I too am self-employed. I too am considered unessential. But I am exhausted from those in this group or that group who think their non-essential business should be opened first. No, you are not better than the young person who just opened their first storefront for his silkscreen business and has to feed a wife and new baby. You don't think he deserves it as much as a plumber, restaurant owner, hairdresser?
What makes one person think their business is more important to open before another? Stop it, it doesn't make you look like a nice person.
Perhaps if you aren't nice, fake it until you make it would be my advice.
You'd be surprised how fast nice takes over.
Kindness is contagious, let's try that for a while because it would be a refreshing pandemic wouldn't it?
13 comments:
Amen sister!
You said it so well. I have been having these thoughts.as well.
I have been avoiding those types of displays, on social media and the news. That way I don't have to think about it....I can be very much like Scarlett O'Hara in that regard :-)
It's not just social media and news or I could avoid it.
Absolutely!!! Sing it!
You speak for many/most of us, Margaret.
Ditto lady, you said it well.
Our County Executive just extended the stay at home order 'indefinitely'.
I vote for YOUR pandemic!
I look at and share all the memes but I thank my lucky stars that I have that little bit of social security every month. It pays my rent and food. I live in fear that the orange Cheeto will try to use the ssa money to support the 1% but I'll just wait and see. If there was ever a man that wanted to be Dictator that's him. I also heard all the small business money was already gone. I'm glad my daughter has a work-from-home job and that my son works in an office with 6 people and can work from home most of the time. It is a tough, tough period. I'm glad Rick is staying home except for empty offices. I pray that there will be more of those jobs available for him.
Barbara, we never received any funds from the SBA and now they are out of money. I can't get unemployment being an owner. No one I know got a check from the IRS either. So I think they say this stuff is out there but it is all smoke and mirrors. We are left here to die. He is a dictator. I saw a video with something he is saying then the picture is of Edi Amin saying the same thing years before. Sickening and not at all surprising.
I also heard the SBA is already out of money and that some large businesses got their hand in that cookie jar that shouldn't have qualified. I too think that so many are suffering such loss... Death, extreme Sickness, Unemployment, Businesses barely hanging on or won't be able to be sustainable after the Economy can try to make a comeback. I feel Guilt every time that I'm not Coping well with the Pandemic. Being a Medically Fragile Family I am always fearful any one of us will come down with it since it likely would be deadly for any of the 3 of us in our Household. But, we're retired and have our Pensions and Social Security, so we have income coming in. Even tho' the part time Work I did is in Limbo due to the business being Non-Essential, it isn't something I feed my Family from the revenue I earned at it... it merely supplemented a fixed income. I think Privilege whines more than the Tough Souls who've always had it rough... they've learned to just make do with whatever circumstance they find themselves up against. I've been Poor, I've even been Homeless once... I've been Successful too and lived Large... I think I complained less when I was Poor. This Post was an excellent reminder for us all to put things in perspective. Thank God I'm not working a 14 Hour Shift in an ER or ICU ministering to the Pandemic Victims, I don't know how they Cope day in and day out, God Bless them!
Bohemian. I saw a video of a male nurse this weekend that just broke down in tears. He was broken. He was exhausted and as he said the things they have seen. Rick and I watched this and cried. It was gut wrenching. And then there are those idiots who wish to open up everything. Be safe and well!
Post a Comment