I posted this on FB because I felt it encapsulated me pretty well during the quarantine.

I do wait until 5 or later because I am still mostly working.
Our life really isn't that different. Maybe that's why it's so hard for us to understand everyone's anxiety. We are doing pretty much the same thing only we can't find food, and other essentials.
I laugh at all my women friends ready to divorce.
I laugh because I get it.
I remember a time when Rick and I worked together - at the beginning of our relationship. (not married)
Unlike this where he goes to work and I am behind in the office.
We actually worked together. Lived together. Drove to work together.
It was all too much.
I remember hearing him breathing on the sofa and I recall saying to my sister, "Dear God he's still breathing!" Oh, I felt that. So I love these men & women's memes that show that frustration. Thankfully we aren't there anymore!! But it took counseling and work and as only Rick and I can do a lot of laughter. Our counselor would give us the weirdest looks when we would go from a sensitive topic and a bit of anger and then burst into laughter. Hey, it works for us. Thank God.
Today is a constant steady rain and I just love days like this.
It's quiet in the office right now. I am knee-deep in shit to do and think I will walk away anyway, make a cup of coffee, and pet my dog.
Talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Hope you are all healthy and safe!
14 comments:
Hey, and here's to a day with no selfish pricks!!
I'm heading out to get a few things. I found a way (YouTube rocks!!) to make masks without sewing. I *can* sew, but I don't wanna. So I'm going out with a filtered mask, my debit card and a wish to find a couple hard-to-find items.
Today is our Friday 'cause Eric works four ten hour days. Meaning I won't have to be alone for three whole days!!!
Well, Ami, it sounds like you aren't like the others and you wish for Eric to be around. Unless of course, it's dripping with sarcasm which is hard to read in print. :-) I used the ole bandana with hairbands until I got the real deal and it worked like a charm. I followed that video and it took 2 tries but easy peasy and I didn't have to sew!! Good luck on your search! Don't be a Pence and not wear a mask!
No sarcasm. He's still my favorite person to hang out with after being together nearly 41 years. I love his work schedule because we get to spend a lot more time together. :)
I am going to work on the mask thing, the one I had today made it difficult to breathe deeply and I got really anxious.
On paper, my life looks pretty much the same pre and mid pandemic and yet it is so completely different in many ways.
Lol, I wish I enjoyed wine, but unfortunately it gives me a terrible headache. Since Romeo doesn't drink, I rarely buy my beer ~ it's not fun to drink alone :-)
Although Romeo is my best friend and lover and all that ~ it took awhile to figure out how to do this 24 hour a day thing! He would never admit it, but I think he was always relieved to see me go off to work, ha ha.
I have a loaf of sourdough in the oven ~ right after I put it in, he put the butter out to soften. I wish I could walk over and give you one, Peg!
Oh me too Yvonne, me too!!!!!!!
Claudia and I are still going 'what lockdown'? I'm missing her Parkinson's exercise classes 3 days a week more than her because it did get her out of the house. And I can tell she hasn't been exercising because she has fallen a few times in the last month which she hasn't done in a while.
Did Ami read my blog today? I haven't used or seen the word selfish in a long time and here it is twice in one day.
I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Husband was already working from home, and I'm still working, just with shorter hours. We sometimes briefly forget that we're in "lockdown" until we go out and about and see all the masks.
But yeah, I'm sure it's tough for some couples. Add some kids who aren't going to school and yikes!
Today is my husband's 70th b-day, all 3 of our kids called us today. Two of them had 2 boys each and live thousands of miles away. But the oldest lives a mile away and will bring the b-day cake. We'll eat the cake from 6 feet apart and laugh.
Man, I am okay until about 4 pm and that is when my spirit start heads downward. Coffee and wine, sounds pretty good!
Hang in there! It is 6 pm.
Humor will get us through most anything. You and Rick have the right tools. I saw a bumper sticker years ago. "Retirement--Half the pay check, twice the husband." That might apply to Covid 19 today. Sure glad my 24/7 companion is 4 legged.
Mike can Claudia's PTherapist recommend some Parkinson videos. Lots on youtube for balance. Hope you can figure something out.
Grace,I hope your hubby had a nice birthday considering. Her it was a day with cake, it ain't all bad
Patti, it does get one through a great deal. I love that bumper sticker. We have to keep deeping into retirement. There has always been "somethin'" like losing my job and not working for 1 yr and Rick losing his job 5 months after me and not finding work. Then we rebuild and there is a recession and we dip again, then a pandemic. We are screwed.
Rick told me last night I always make a home pretty and warm so if we move to a box under a bridge ours will be prettiest. I burst out laughing, like thats a priority when living in a box. He's nuts.
Ah, the Gallow's Humor in Relationship 'tests' is a Saving Grace I think... The Man knows I'd never smother him in his Sleep... or does he? That sleeping with one Eye open and watching his Back, he says is very Tiring! *Winks* Well, at least I'm not a Black Widow, I have never eaten anyone after Mating.
Post a Comment