Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Wishes.

My mom used to say to me, "don't wish your life away." 
Did your mom tell you that when you were a kid?
Here are a few things I wish for this week.

1. That Joe Buck was never allowed to announce a major league baseball game ever again after 2019!!. Since there are websites devoted to the phrase 'I Hate Joe Buck' and Instagram accounts with that same phrase, I Hate Joe Buck, I may not be the only one. 
Can't Bob Costas or Bob Uecker announce all games? :-) Uecker is a hoot but he is also damn good along with being funny. 

2. We will live to see retirement sooner than later.

3. My dog will live far longer than what my vet keeps telling me.

4. We will not have much snow this year.

5. That movies can come out in theatres and on-demand at the same time. I hate going to the theatre anymore. ( Besides, I make far better popcorn.)

6. We will win a large lottery very soon. This Tuesday would be good enough.

7. That I didn't have to run up and down stairs all day long! 
    Although because I do, I can. I am convinced of that. 

8. That all our work vehicles hang in there a bit longer!

9. I wish I didn't have to take an Instagram class this week to learn how to use it more effectively for business. I am tired of social media.

10. See #6. 😁

I had someone ask me at my previous job if I had 3 wishes what they'd be. Everyone at the table was giving their answers. I knew my first one would be to have unlimited wishes for my whole life so the other two were meaningless. They all stared at me and asked, "is that allowed?" As if telling 3 wishes is real. That always stuck with me and makes me laugh.

13 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

"Don't wish your life away." My mom used to say that to me all the time. Now I say it to myself and I'm just starting to understand what it means.

"Is that allowed?" That's funny. I'm guessing the question in that circumstances is supposed to tell the others something about you and your answer told them you were the smartest one in the room.

Cruisin Paul said...

1. I hate Joe Buck. His voice bothers me so much.

2. I've been retired for 15 years. Oh my God, 15 years. I'm getting old.

3. My wife won't let me get a dog. She said, it's the dog or her. The dog lost.

4. Yesterday we got 8 inches of snow. It was November 11th. It's still fall.

5. I no longer go to a movie. I've got Netflix.

6. Lottery, what lottery.

7. It takes me a long time going up and down my stairs.

8. My Camero is staying in the garage since the snow.

9. What's an Instagram?

10. See #6.

Have a great Tuesday Peg.

Cruisin Paul

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Love it Paul!

joeh said...

"Life's too short" Mom said it multiple times a day.

I don't dislike Joe Buck at all...then I kind of liked Howard Cosell too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

joeh, wow I have never met someone who liked Joe Buck as an announcer. You are a rare bird Joe! :-)

Brian said...

Joe Buck actually makes me tolerate Troy Aikman when they do football games together. As a Buffalo Bills fan, I have never been a fan of Aikman (see Superbowls XXVII and XXVIII, grrrrr)

Don't know where Paul is, but we got 9 inches of snow here in beautiful camp Rochester yesterday/last night. Always a blast starting the day at 6am out in the driveway with the snowblower.

Mildred Ratched said...

1. Since I'm a New England Patriots fan I wish to immortalize Tom Brady so he can play forever just to piss everyone off! lol
2. I want my dog, Fenway (do we see a theme here?) to live a very long time...at least as long as me
3. I just want enough money to be comfortable and to help my family and friends. I don't really desire to be rich because I think it'd be a pain in the ass.
4. I hate Facebook...I wish it'd go away forever. Mark Z. is the anti-Christ I think and Donald Trump is hell I haven't figured out what he is!
5. I can't think of 10 things unless it involves shoes and art supplies.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian, tolerate is still too strong for me. :-)

Mildred, well I understand you we just have a fan rivalry since I dislike strongly your Red Sox. :-) I don't follow football and thankfully neither does my husband!
I don't want to be filthy rich, just able to exhale. We lost our jobs at age 51 within 6 months of each other. Our lives have been upside down and scary ever since. So while I don't talk a lot about it here because no one wants to hear me whine it's been extremely difficult and right now darn right scary.

Arkansas Patti said...

Know what you mean about the age 50 job loss. My company decided those of us at 50 made too much money so the sweep began. Made for some interesting fill in jobs till retirement. I am sorry now however that I totally wished my 61st year away wanting to hit the magic 62. But it turned out all right in the long run. Hang in there girl, there is always that lottery thing.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, I wish you lived closer. I'd have you over for shootin' the shit and food and beverage of choice. Yea, we lost our pensions too. We lived a year off our savings, sold our 2nd home (and I know how lucky I was to have that) sold a car, sold some belongings. And the stress began. :-) It's been nonstop for some time now and I am just at a point where I wish it were over. I don't need to live high on the hog. Just be able to keep a roof over my head and still be able to afford the doctors and food. I don't think that is too much to ask for. 3600 people lost their jobs and pensions at my company. All over 50 globally. Nice huh? There is a special place in hell for these people, right next to the orange baboon. :-)

Mike said...

1. I can't stand announcers in general. I don't care about the third baseman's brother-in-law's aunt's dog's puppy's.

2. 21 years retired now.

3. My son's dog and I are finally getting along.

4. First snow last night. 3 inches but the ground was too warm for it to stick on the streets (mostly).

5. We go to the theatre about twice a year. On $5 Tuesdays.

6. I don't bother with the lottery until it gets over $300 million or so. If I'm going to waste $2 it has to be worth it.

7. Stairs are good exercise without having to exercise. Use it or lose it.

8. We got a new car this year. My dinged up 2000 Sienna van wasn't good enough for Claudia anymore. I was going to put some money into it to keep it going.

9. I don't get Instagram. I had an account but deleted it and the twitter account I had. I spend enough time on blogger and facebook. I have about 40 facebook friends and follow about 100 news accounts.

10. See number 2.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, number 1 made me chuckle. number 2 made me jealous. Number 5 fascinated me because it's only $5 for a movie. That is amazing. But you are an old fart so there is that discount. :-)

Julie H said...

1. I have no idea who Joe Buck is
2. 17 years til retirement (unless I make enough money to somehow get insurance outside of work...)
3. My Rusty dog is all lumpy :(
4. It never snows here!!!
5. I go to the movies almost every other Tuesday with my friend who has some fancy club thing. I think she pays $5 for me and I spend $20 on popcorn lol
6. I never play the lottery. I'm too cheap to buy a ticket.
7. I'm sure your theory on the stairs is true!
8. My kids cars are dying. I'm not buying the next round. (they have my old cars)
9. I like Instagram but it's a time suck.
10. I should probably play the lottery.