Friday, November 1, 2019

Blogger is messed up yet again

I had a post for Friday but can't load the images that go with it on blogger.

Isn't blogger fun? I saw that several hundred people wrote on their site this issue so I know it's not just me this time.

Instead, I am going to share this wonderful customer service I received Thursday

My ex-mother in law Betty is in a rehab facility now. She is alert and talking but in a lot of pain and very black and blue I understand.

Anyway, I wanted to send some flowers to Betty so I googled florists in Granville NY.   I figured there couldn't be a lot of them.
A few popped up and one had awesome reviews. I read them all and then went to their site and viewed some arrangements. I decided to call because I was not seeing what I wanted.

This very nice young woman answered the phone and walked me through a few things and we decided on the flowers and vase and I was happy.
I gave her the address to the facility and Betty's name. I told her I did not have the room number would she be able to get it from the front desk? She said that is indeed what they do, no problem. She asked if I wanted it delivered today.
I said I did. I gave her my credit card and thought that was the end of it.

She text me a photo of the arrangement. She felt bad because one of the flowers I wanted was unavailable so she replaced them with roses. She wanted me to see if these were okay. It was beautiful. Not what I originally wanted but this was gorgeous and Betty will love it none the less. I told her it was fine and it can be delivered. She thanked me.  I've ordered flowers from many cities and at no time did someone show me what was being sent or care if they didn't have what I wanted. They usually just made the change without my consent.
I was blown away, but it got better.

Then late afternoon she texts me that she delivered it herself to Betty.
That Betty was laying down and sleeping when she arrived.
She smiled and opened her eyes and they visited for a while. I about fell over, since when does a delivery person stay and chat with the receiver?
I was thrilled and amazed.
She told me that Betty told her she wanted to stay laying down if that was okay because she has been sitting up all day and doing her exercises and her back was aching. Then she told me that Betty told her that we are special people (me and Rick) Wow they had a full-on chat, didn't they?

That would never happen in a million years here. Never. 
It makes me want to move to a small town.
I've never been to Granville, only driven through to get to Lake St Catherine in Vermont.
I thought Granville was where Rachel Ray lived when not in NYC. I could be wrong.

So there are nice people out there, just not where I live.
It's getting easier and easier to move.
I am counting the days.


13 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

That was a great experience and you deserve a home run like that once in a while.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Cloud 9 ~ that's the feeling I get when something like that happens to me. Just shows us that there are people out there who really care. I don't think it's limited to small towns, but they can be hard to find. Was she the business owner? Just curious....

Olga said...

That is amazing even by small town standards, I think. I have been through Granville any number of times but I don't recall ever having a reason to stop and spend time there. I used to live nearby on the Vermont side.

Arkansas Patti said...

Wow, so far above and beyond. No wonder she had great reviews. I'm sure yours has joined the rest. Hey just send a link to this post.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean WE ALL deserve a break like that don't we?!

It's - I wish there were more though. But I sure appreciate them when I encounter them.

Olga, I have a feeling there really is no reason to stop there. :-)

Patti, I wrote a review on Yelp as well as the section on their website for reviews. I did it yesterday before I forgot. Good behavior gets rewarded. HA

Abby said...

WOW! So nice to hear. I bet it made Betty's day super special.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, it made my day super special too. When I told Rick last night he was bowled over and said, You left a glowing review I hope. I sure did.

April said...

Not to toot my own horn but when I owned my candy bouquet shop - I would chat with the people on delivery all the time. Hell I chit chat with people in line at the store. I talk to much!!

I have had people send me pictures when I have ordered flowers. Hate not seeing what I sent!

Glad you had a good experience.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April, I used to be like that too. Not so much anymore. I would have loved your candy bouquet shop (I had a cookie bouquet shop) and chatting with you. I enjoy people like that but I just don't do it as often anymore because the people around here look at me like I have a third eye.

Barbara said...

What a sweet story. I love it when people go out of their way like that. I just wonder if it was a Mom & Pop owned company. They often give the best service, I think.

Mike said...

I was waiting for the catch at the end. But there WASN'T one!

Granville has about 6500 people. Not too small, not too big.

From Wikipedia - "Ray owns homes in Lake Luzerne, New York, and Manhattan's Greenwich Village."

Cruisin Paul said...

Oh how wonderful that this lady brought Betty your flowers. It's great to see that there are still great people in the world.
I sent my friend Bee Cordle some flowers in Florida. I live in Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada. Bee received my flowers and they were beautiful but for me because I lived in Canada, the cost was unbelievable. I'll send a card from now on. The stamp cost $1.87 compared to the $110 I paid. I'm just happy that Bee loved them.

Cruisin Paul

Julie H said...

Wow that is amazing! I sent flowers to my niece and they showed up in a box and not even blooming. I was so embarrassed. Last time I do that.