Yes, another music reference title.🎜
So while I've been gone -
**The Astro's were caught cheating. Surprise!
No kidding, everyone has been saying this for years now.
Now there is video proof and actual players are talking.
Yet my team is the evil empire.
I hope MLB takes away their WS title and suspensions take place.
I also hope the Astro's get a huge fine and punishment.
Take that Verlander and your lousy Astro's.
The Nats kept saying they were on to them and they were going to fool them.
Hey, Astros, you're in the Patriots club now, congratulations.
No win from now on will be real to those who aren't your fans.
**The impeachment hearings are on my local channels all damn day.
If not on then they are discussing it ad nauseum.
So all the fun things I record to watch while making dinner are gone
(Ellen for one)
I will not watch these hearings.
Or the regurgitating discussions after the hearing that goes on for hours.
I do recall watching Clinton's impeachment hearing because I had just had my 4th back surgery and I was at home recuperating.
After my surgery, Rick would never leave for work without making sure I had all I needed once propped up and somewhat comfortable.
Books? Check. Water? Check! Medication? Check. Remote? Oops.
He forgot as did I the remote. (I tell him it was his kiss before he left, I forgot everything! He didn't buy it either. )
I could see it. But it was across the room.
I just couldn't get up without pain and difficulty and truthfully I was just being lazy because it hurt. So essentially just a big baby.
I thought, oh well, I will pick it up when I have to get up to use the bathroom no sense in putting myself out, I've got books right here.
So there I laid, unable to reach the remote and no one around to fetch it. What's a lazy girl to do? I laid there and watched TV.
Then I was hooked. Not this time. I'm weary of it all.
Just kick him to the curb all ready!
While I was gone -
**Another school shooting happened. Enough said. 😡
**Barbara either hates my comments, which is understandable, or something happens to my comments. So Barbara, if you are reading this, I am no longer leaving comments after last Monday's but I am reading you every day.
**I no longer enjoy the shows on TV that I used to like.
How'd that happen? This is Us just seems off to me.
And don't get me started on all the back and forth. It's Year 2030 to year 1972 and then present day. Oy Vay.
Million Little Things is just so whiney. Rich people whining.
Were they always like this?
What the hell is going on with me? I used to like those shows.
Now it's like if I see it, eh. If I don't the next one will catch me up.
It just all seems Eh. Instead, I've been watching a lot of music content.
Clarence Clemon's documentary showed me the person I always thought/hoped he was. (from the E Street Band)
That was a nice change of pace.
Normally I watch things, like Dan Rather Big Interview on AXS, with old rockers and they are so obnoxious and clueless to reality.
But this guy was the real deal. His heart was as big as he was.
**Seth Meyers Netflix special was better than I thought it would be.
I thought it would be a lot of politics and thankfully it was not!
With the exception of the locations and having an actual baby, I would love to be in labor like Seth's wife. Water breaks, baby out. Done! No 23 hours of labor for Mrs. Meyers.Wow! Merely minutes for both kids and him telling the story is pretty cute.
**Are you watching Season 2 of The Crown? I sure am.
I don't care for the actress playing the Queen as much as Season 1 but by the end, I may not find her as off-putting. It could just be the change that bothers me. Jury still out on that one. Do you like her?
The first Queen actress brought more empathy and said so much with her blue eyes.
Boy not this version of the queen. She is as cold as ice and lacking empathy. Perhaps that is actually how she was as she got on in age.
I guess perhaps one must be that cold to make some of these decisions but in the same sense she is just so unlikeable to me and I don't think the next King, Wiliam, is that lacking in empathy.
I wonder how close to the truth some of this stuff really is.
I think it was particularly sad with what I think was episode 3.
It is when a mine collapsed onto a school killing all in its path in Wales.
She had to be told to show sympathy and to console these parents who just lost their children that day. She took her hanky to a dry eye in front of the cameras to make them think she felt something.
Which she admits she did not and she doesn't know why.
It is a fascinating look into that odd way of life.
I would love the money but not being a royal and all the bullshit that goes with it.
I think poor Meagan is finding that out right now, isn't she?
I'm not sure if the first season was terribly accurate but if so I can see why from the time she was such a little girl this stiff upper lip and not showing her cards could make a grown woman turn out this way.
Since I've been gone -
**Epstein's death was not suicide. (only my opinion like everything on my blog)
I think that the two federal prison staffers that were taken into custody were taken to prove that. While the charges were about their failure to conduct regular checks on the sex trafficker. I think everyone knows that it was more of a Ray Donavon type situation. (a fixer) These guys may have been paid to not be there so this could go down. So these regular ole prison staffers are going to be pressured and scrutinized and they will squawk like chickens.
This alone explains why I must break my habit of watching 20/20, Dateline and 48 hours!
As I said to a friend recently, it's always the damn husband why look anywhere else? Yes, Rick was standing next to me when I said this.
To which Rick replied, "thanks now if something happens to me Susan is going to be telling the police it's always the husband."
"Well, sorry bud. But it is always the husband, why can't you just leave? Why must you always kill everything and everyone in your path?"
"Well, I didn't do it. Don't make it sound so personal."
Rick tells me he'd never kill me because he's messy which of course makes me laugh out loud.
He goes on, "You always tell me I could never commit a crime because I am so messy I'd lead the police right to where I am"
"True Richard"
"Besides you have also told me numerous times as well as everyone else I might add, that I could leave you but you're going with me. So if I am somewhere and you're not, I am doomed don't you see?"
"Now you see how I am plotting this tale, Rick, I'm not just a pretty face you know...tee hee"
"I'm sleeping with my eyes open Margaret!"

18 comments:
Welcome back!
I don't watch a lot of current TV. Definitely not watching any of the political circus. Bunch of dirty pieces of shit.. ALL of them, no matter which side they're on.
Read something last week, gotta paraphrase 'cause I can't remember where I read it... 'Democrats and Republicans are nothing more than a pair of unfit parents in a custody battle over America. They're not hurting each other near as much as they're hurting this country.'
Glad to see you back.
Ask Rick how he knows what Susan will do... 'cause I'm Susan and I wasn't thinking anything along the lines of what he suggested.
Ami, I think that is a very good analogy.
As for Rick, who knows what he thinks. That is what keeps me on my toes. :-)
Maybe the problem you have with Barbara is the same you have with me. I use comment approval and none of your comments trigger the email that lets me know someone has left a comment. Unless I go to the Comments Approval section of Blogger on a semi-regular basis, your comments would never be run. And yours are the only ones that happen like that. It's weird.
If you like the Clarence doc and you read the occasional book, let me recommend an autobiography Bruce Springsteen wrote a couple years back, called Born to Run. He goes into great detail about his relationship with The Big Man. It covers Bruce's whole life, from childhood to rock star.
Brian, I wonder why this is happening to me with the comments. Hmm....When you do another post I will try from IE and see if that makes a difference. I saw Bruce's book at Costco and almost bought it. Now that you said this I will buy it. I love to read biographies and you know I like documentaries. Clarence was a very spiritual dude and his life was not easy. Have a GREAT warm weekend.
Well, I'm glad you're back!
I don't watch much TV because it seems (as you've noticed) shows have gotten stupid. Bad writing. Bad acting.
I would hate being a royal. And being a rebel American, I don't understand these people having all that tax money just because of who their ancestors were. The women who marry into the family must be beautiful while producing heirs. Uhm, no. I'd rather be a peasant.
And... it IS always the husband. I live in the land of Chris Watts and Patrick Frazee. Tell Rick we're watching.
Abby, oooh Chris Watts is pond scum and Patrick Frazee while not a husband is still pond scum. I don't get why these men had to kill. Chris could have just walked out and gone with his mistress and let his beautiful girls live. I hope prison is not kind to either of these two.
I agree with your reasoning on the monarchy. Watching this show is mind-boggling. I would never ever be able to be a royal. Aside from pedigree, I color outside the lines far too much and need to do so.
Welcome back Peg. I'm happy now. Yes my friend, there was so much going on while you were gone. Not much good but that's life. Prince Andrew will no longer do his duties as a royal. SO WHAT. Have a great day Peg.
Cruisin Paul
Paul, yep that won't affect my life with ole Prince Andrew not doing his duties. I saw some of his interview. Oh my goodness he is just clueless to the real world and it showed. Have a wonderful day Paul. Stay warm!
I binged the Crown last weekend. I like the new queen but she was in another royal movie not that long ago but I can't think of the name. Played Queen Anne. I tend to google a lot when I watch these shows to see if stuff really happened. Most of it did! Crazy stuff.
Julie, the last episode I have seen is where Charles invites Camilla over for dinner and the Duke of Windsor has died. I feel badly for him. His father is such a prick and his mom is so cold and unmaternal to her children. It's an odd life. I do the same googling while watching so that is funny!
You know I love your comments and blog. I just checked Blogger and there was only one comment not posted. I checked all my settings again and have no idea why your comments get hung up for approval. You are not the only one but I can just about count on it happening to your comments. I forget to check Blogger until you nudge me. I should get an email when you comment and sometimes I do but not always. Anyway, it is not me deliberately not posting your comments. Does anyone else you comment on have this problem? Just me and my crappy program?
Welcome back. You were missed. I was hugely disappointed with the Astros. Don't they realize you really don't win anything if you cheat to get it? Sigh.
The impeachment has me tired. I mean do they really need that much air time to keep going over the same facts? Second Sigh.
I agree it is always the husband so Rick had best make sure you are always in good health.
Barbara, I just learned that Brian does as well. Are you both on word press? I know he is. Well then I'll just keep bugging you!
Patti, I will let Rick know...tee hee While I Have not watched it I do read about it and I think some of these women are just bad ass and I love them! I may have to post a couple of Memes on them I saw. I would only hope in a situation as difficult as they have been put in that I would have the grace and patience not to yell at them or give them the finger. :-)
I went to Barbara's and left a test comment for you. I should have paid more attention to the previous comments because your's was there. I think bluzdude probably figured it out.
Dateline and 48 hours get watched all the time. I have a tendency to forget about 20/20 because it's on ABC which is not in the main group of OTA channels. 2, 4, 5, 9, 11 and then ABC on 30. Plus ABC does not have local news.
Mike, since when does ABC not have local news? hmmm..I may need a 12 step program for these damn murder shows. what is creepier than Keith Morrison narrating anything?
Oh, how nice that I can make comments on The Crown to someone who has watched it ~ although I haven't seen the episode where Charles invites Camilla over for dinner. Wasn't she married? If my memory serves (and normally it serves me a plate of bologna) she had to get a divorce to marry Charles, but of course this is after divorcing Diana. I am really enjoying this season, and yeah, I think the Queen has buried her emotions so deep she can't dig them up anymore. My co-worker said she was never happy watching how the Queen raised her children. Perhaps Phillip was a bit more engaged with the kids. I think this new actress is doing a wonderful job ~ the Queen is just not that likeable.
I already knew we don't watch the same shows, and although the tv might be on, I'm probably not paying much attention.
Glad you're back, and I hope you're feeling good?
Yvonne
Yvonne, I don't know anyone who watches it either. I just finished. The season made me feel badly for Charles. I dislike Phillip, I don't think in any season I have liked him.such a pompous ass. They are all such sad miserable people. Even the Queen has a moment where you feel so bad for her when she realizes her life is duty and not what she wants or loves. But I do know if my sister were Queen I would never be jealous. I'd be thankful that burden was not on me.
Post a Comment