I am still unable to leave comments on a lot of blogs unless I am able to get to a browser that will allow me.
Sometimes IE works, sometimes it doesn't.
Chrome no longer works and that is my preferred browser.
I left messages this weekend on Linda's blog and I never saw it so I assume nothing is working these days.
Then my husband said he wanted to see that new program Morning Show on Apple TV.
He said do they offer a free week or anything?
I said they do. He had me sign up. I set up an account.
We signed into Apple TV and watched 2 episodes.
Then it said I did not have an account so we couldn't watch the rest of the season. What?
I called Apple. They said it must be my TV.
I explained that I was using a firestick.
What model? she asks in a snippy tone.
I have a firestick, 2nd generation I tell her.
She said, "It should work on a 2nd generation firestick"
Well, then she tells me I don't really have an account.
But you told me my email. I don't own anything Apple so how did you get my email without an account that I just signed up for?
'I don't know' was her standard offer.
I was so ticked at this point. I mean to tell you I HATE Apple.
Hence why we own nothing Apple. I will never own Apple anything.
Those that work there are so friggin' pompous, condescending and rude.
So my next question to Ms. Happy Customer Service was if it was possible to be able to watch a few episodes if I didn't have an account and she actually said, "DUH. No."
bitch.
I thought perhaps they may not wish to let you watch a full season in 7 days and then cancel and I get that if that is what they are doing, but just tell me.
But DUH NO is apparently the professional answer at Apple to that question.
I explain AGAIN that we were able to watch 2 episodes and then it said we no longer had an account. Can you help me with this issue?
She then put me on hold to go find out.
She comes back on the line and tells me it must be my TV.
I didn't understand so I ask if I can repeat all of this information back to her.
It works perfectly on a 2nd generation Firestick but it might not work on my TV.
Is that correct?
She is now exasperated and gives me a big sigh and said, "No, if you have a firestick it will work on an old machine like yours (less than 5 yrs old)"
I am biting my tongue not to tell this little wench to shove it up her arse.
But I do not.
So then why do you think it's not working?
"I don't know, was her response - call Amazon."
My firestick works fine though.
We don't have an account for you.
And she hangs up.
Everyone is so quick to pass the buck and not look into anything further or for that matter just be fucking nice.
Geez. I do it all day long, it's sucks but for the love of God try it, people!
I think this is punishment for having good service last week in upstate NY.
No one can give me an answer. No one at Apple knows anything. If you call they want the model of your stupid phone. If you have more than one product, may I suggest you not just ask about an iPhone.
I decided to call back in the afternoon after I had calmed down.
I waited on hold for 22 minutes.
Then a nicer woman answered. She was pleasant but befuddled about this situation. She said she can see my account. No problem. It should work for the full 7 days but I need to check to be sure you can view a full season if only in trial. We went through it all and as far as she was concerned I should be able to view any shows. She put me on hold to see if she could get answers. Apparently, she couldn't because I was on hold for 37 minutes and I gave up and hung up.
Would I be getting this lousy treatment if I had something Apple?
Something tells me I would. Another reason to never get anything Apple if it can be avoided. When I have issues with my phone my carrier helps, if not once they sent me to Samsung. I got it fixed in less than 5 minutes. They knew the issue and were so kind and helpful. I will take an Android anytime over Apple. I think this Apple is Rotten to the core.
I am just canceling this thing. I don't care enough about this show all that much. However, it won't allow me to cancel. Nice huh?
So now they tell me I must call ITUNES to get it canceled.
WTH? No, I am not calling Itunes and sitting on hold all afternoon.
How about I remove my credit card from the account? I did that instead.
I thought the 2 episodes I saw were good.
Rolling Stone said it was boring so I had no idea what to expect.
We were anything but bored.
Jennifer Aniston is probably the best I have ever seen her in a non-comedic role. Steve Carrell is never a disappointment!
Reese Witherspoon is very good as well. She plays one feisty gal here.
So if you have apple products I'd recommend this show from the 2 episodes I was allowed to view.
In the meantime don't buy Apple Products!
There are far better companies and products out there that don't cost as much. From what my apple friends say my products work better and have customer service in the US and they are actually helpful. Go figure right?
22 comments:
I dread the idea of getting smart TVs and cutting the cable which I'll have to do when I move. I just know the learning curve of finding my way around all the tech stuff is going to do me in.
Is there something about customer service from as massive business like Apple that makes them rude? 37 minutes?
Jean, I hear you loud and clear. I need to hire a kid!although todays issue was straight forward but Apple is just awful. it did not take 37 minutes to find an answer. so that tells me the culture at apple permits this.
Susan, I swear she left me just hanging on purpose because she did not know the answer. I was wearing a headset but i couldn't take being on hold any longer.
I've mostly had Apple phones and even went into Apple to get help and they were always super nice.
Direct TV on the other hand, I hate them. Also the insurance people for the phones we have, they suck too.
When you comment I don't get an email but I do get emails from other people. Weird.
Is your version up to date? The latest is Version 78.0.3904.87 .
Did you delete Chrome and do a new install? Don't forget to copy and save your bookmarks.
Also if someone told me "duh" on the phone I'd immediately ask for the supervisor.
I'd like to help you, but i don't know what a firestick is.
Well I am just so amazed by that exchange (she said with dripping sarcasm having just had recent experience with Comcast/Xfinity customer service). I am amazed that she didn't end the conversation with,"Please fill out our customer service survey. We strive for 9's and 10's because we care."
Julie, glad your experience is good with the ole rotten apple. I've heard that about Direct TV. I dont have them thankfully.
Joeh, are you making a funny? or serious?
Olga, oh I would have loved a survey but honestly doubt anyone cares sadly.
Mike, yep that's my version.
I guess I'm getting really old because I've stayed away from all of these crazy things. Sounds great but for me it's more confusing. I enjoy the everyday things. I still don't have a cell phone or whatever you call those things. See ya Peg.
Cruisin Paul
"Duh" would have done it for me. Kind of glad I don't have all the gadgets available out there. My phone nor my TV are smart. I guess "duh" just might fit me. Darn.
Patti, I am not cut out for this world anymore. :-(
Geez, what a hassle, but I'm not surprised.
My son, the computer scientist avoids Apple products like the plague, and that's a good enough non-endorsement for me. No show is worth it.
Abby, agreed, no show is worth it. I am very curious why your son feels that way?
Good luck with IPhones. I finally had to cancel my Visa and get a new phone so they would quit billing me. I don't have any IPhone/Apple products although daughter and grandson do and they both prefer them. I stay with Samsung but they change it over and over. I watch TV on a Roku TV. The extra programs I sign up for are either through roku.com or amazon.com. Amazon has always given me great customer service and in a few cases given me benefit of the doubt. I haven't had a problem with Roku and I have joined many for the free week and then continued with some and canceled others.
Back to comments: I did find two comments awaiting moderation. It could be my fault for not clicking through or might really be on your end. I just can't think of what it might bed.
Barbara, I too have a Samsung and I love it. nothing apple ever and dont plan on changing my mind.
I honestly don't remember why my son doesn't like Apple products - ha! It's been for a long time, probably since he worked IT in high school. He did once win an iPad in a hacking contest, and he didn't say "no" :P
I am 69 years old and love all technology. I have (I kid you not) an iPhone, 3 iPad pros, an iPad mini, iPod and 3 Mac computers. The computers are located 1 at our second home, 1 in my home office and 1 in a separate room that my grandson uses. I love Apple. Hate Windows. My husband has a Windows computer and laptop. He hates Macs. I have to admit I am not so fond of the iPhone, mostly because i don’t need or want all that stuff. I just make phone calls and occasionally snap a picture or send a text.
We cut the cord at our second home, so we utilize streaming of various things. Between the two houses, we have Apple TV, fire stick, Roku and a smart tv. I prefer Apple TV above all the others.
As for rude customer service reps....I make it my challenge, as soon as I hear the edge in their voice, to treat them with such kindness that they don’t have a choice but to be nice to me. For the occasional one that remains rude, at the end of the call, I say ( in a very nice voice), “Is there any reason why you have been so rude to me? I hope you have a better day.” Of course, I don’t get an answer. I fully believe most of the time they don’t even know they are being rude. Most calls of that nature are recorded. So, one can hope someone reviews the calls, but probably not.
Post a Comment