My mistake was making plans. I made plans and they just got screwed.
Rick and I have a wonderful life. We are still smitten with each other and have carved out a nice little life for ourselves. We know we are fortunate. Oh we don’t have lots of money but we have this relationship that I wish more could have. It’s so rewarding and fulfilling. So here we are with no children at home and having a grand ole time. (his daughter is 29 and living out of state as of today)
Then we do something stupid and get a puppy. It changed our lives. I am so in love with this hairy beast but if I knew what I know now I would have waited until retirement at least. So much work and time.
Now I have an 18 year old niece coming to live with me. It’s way too long of a story to just plop in here now. But this will mean a whole new life all over again. My husband is supportive on this but I know how much he will miss our time. He loves this young woman and knows she needs our support and guidance right now so he is willing to do all of this. But he mentioned this morning that he will miss me. I’m right here I told him but I so understand what he means. We’ve become very spoiled and we are that sickening couple who always want to be together. I know it makes me want to puke every time I say it so I get what you are feeling.
In the mean time I am in the midst of menopause I found out yesterday at the doctors, I am getting an 18 yr. old and dealing with an ailing puppy.
What the fuck is wrong with me? Are there enough drugs for all of this? Am I completely and utterly crazy? Why now?
As I told my niece, you never stop learning lessons. You just have to keep your eyes open and be open so you see them.
Well my eyes are wide open – c’mon bring it on!
3 comments:
not only do i think you can totally do this, but i think you can do it well. hang in there.
also, i know what you mean about the sickening couples. while my husband and i arent the lovey-dovey-making out in public type, we genuinely enjoy being together and just hanging out, watching tv, doing nothing, etc...im sure you two will work out a new schedule when your niece comes.
oh Jeez we aren't one of those couples either....no PDA either.
We have friends who always want to be away from their spouses. Even if we are doing our own things in the house we like to know the other is near by.
I think more should be like us Tammie.
Now having said all that - no one can bug the shit out of me more than he can. :-)
Tammie - I meant the 4 of us when i said "more like us"
it's late - i just came to the office to get a phone number.
It's puppy bath time.
Post a Comment