Monday, August 3, 2009

Running on Empty

Boy is it ever a Monday!

Our puppy is very sick. None of us in the house got any sleep last night.
I brought her in to the vet today and they asked to keep her most of the day.
She had a 103 temp and is coughing and vomiting and has diarrhea. Fun huh?
Poor thing. I can't believe how worried I am about her.

Yesterday my young neighbor who just found out she is pregnant left for a 2 week business trip to Malaysia. She and I were chatting over the fence yesterday about where she goes after Malaysia. She comes home for 2 weeks and then leaves for the U.K. for 2 weeks.

She has told me before that traveling wouldn't be difficult during her pregnancy and no one at work was to know that she was pregnant at least until the 4th or 5th month. However she is a 6 foot tall stick. If she eats rice it shows so I imagine she'll be showing by then. They may just figure she's pregnant because anyone who knows her knows she doesn't eat and lives at the gym or bar when not at work. Although she who never eats said that she was hoping to not gain any more than 10lbs. during her pregnancy. Oh pleeease!!! Her hubsand encourages this behavior. For all I know he may enforce it. Nothing would surprise me.

After her 10 day trip to Brazil she told me that it took more out of her and she found she needed a day of sleep to bounce back. DUH.
I asked if her doctor knew she was traveling this much. She told me that she told her doctor she had to travel but not to this extent or these destinations.

Now here is my question to you mommies out there. Wouldn't you want to take some type of precautions there? Swine Flu shot perhaps? I asked her about that since it's so rampant in Asia and she said she'd be fine. She didn't need a flu shot. I am thinking she's A. incredibly healthy or B. incredibly stupid or C. young enough that nothing matters or probably D. All of the above.

I figure she must know it's not the best thing to do if she didn't tell her doctor everything.
Then again, I did not bear children only raised them. So what the hell do I know. I could also be A. incredibly stupid or B. so old that everything worries me.

She feels that her job would be in jeopardy if they knew she was pregnant. While we all know it's illegal to fire someone for such a thing they do it all the time. They would find a way to move her to another department etc. I'm not sure the loss of a job is worth a baby but that's just me.
She is only 2 1/2 months so I understand not wanting to tell them. I still think that I would take precautions though other than poo-poo'ing it all like nothing is different.
For God's sake she won't eat luncheon meat or have an O'Doul's non alcoholic drink because there is 0.05% of alcohol in it. I would risk the 0.05% than go to Malaysia without a swine flu shot. But then that's me, I always error on the side with alcohol!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this woman sounds like a total nutjob. i dont know how you manage to talk to her without punching her in the face. (if that sounds too harsh, i apologize--im sort of in a mood.)

i hope your puppy gets better. keep us updated.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

oh thank you. That made me laugh out loud. I guess if I were only 30 and I was 6ft tall and blonde my life would be different too. I wonder about that some times. Everything is so easy for her being beautiful.She admits it. They see life so differently than the rest of us mere mortals.
She can be so nice but....

And don't ever apologize. Have you read some of my older posts?
Please woman - unless you are racist, homophobic, just down right mean spirited I am not offended easily.

tallulah said...

I am a freak about these kind of subjects and I realize it is just MY opinion.
People shouldn't have children unless one parent stays home to raise them.
There. Said it.
So what if she gets fired for being pregnant. Better than daycare raising the kid.
She sounds incredibly selfish for not letting her OB know details about her traveling. Aaaahhhh! To be young and stupid again!

I'm so sorry about your puppy! I hope the vet finds out what's wrong and your puppy has a speedy recovery.

Katie Beer said...

What is wrong with Izzy??

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hey Katie - see new blog