Being in your own business you tend to look at this differently than say if you are slow at your job that someone else has to worry about the $$ and you can cut out early.
While at the new doctor's office yesterday I went in with my list.
My plethora of issues.
Poor fella.
I was whining about losing my libido. I miss it so. I even told him how one female doctor reponded when I told her that I missed my libido and asked how could I get it back she responded with, "OH you are ONE of those."
Apparently she saw the letter S on my hospital gown as I sat on that crunchy paper table in her exam room. Ah, ha she knows! And nothing was done about it because she insisted nothing was wrong with me. Another MD bites the dust.
So Wednesday when I mentioned this to my new doctor I handed him the blood work from the lab that was done in late June. I circled some things I thought were very relevant.
He looked at the paper work, looked at me and said,
"Did the other doctor see this lab work?
"Yes, she did."
"No medication or discussions were given or had?"
"Nope. Just the previous comment was made."
>
Your testosterone is 0 - zilch - nada - you are a dried up old prune.
Okay he didn't say I was dried up - he probably just thought it.
>
He then asked if sleeping was on my list -
"Oh yea, if I get 3 straight hours I am thrilled to pieces.....a walking zombie but thrilled to pieces."
He showed me what I had circled on the lab results.
"I'm wondering how you slept at all with your progesterone so low."
"Oh great....so this can get better?"
"Yes and we will get there."
"Dare I ask about my estrogen?"
Sure. It's not great either.
Before he had a chance to discuss with me his thoughts I went into mine on HRT and bio-identicals. I know that a lot of women swear by their synthetic HRT replacement drugs. I also know that drug companies paid for a lot of studies and to market them very well to tell woman that HRT replacement drugs do not cause breast cancer or cause a higher incident of said cancer.
However I don't buy it. My mom died from breast cancer at 44 years old. Her sister died from breast cancer and it is rampant on my mom's side of the family. I want to take no chances.
I want bio-identical hormones. I have been studying this for a few years now knowing this day was coming. Everything I have read or seen has me convinced this is the way to go for me.
I understand if you choose another route - but for me this is what I need to do for my life. Everyone always says to me that it will make them have their periods and they want them to stop. Well not for me. Lucky me had my uterus removed in 2000 from constant tumors . I have my ovaries and cervix so I did not go into menopause back then but my cycle stopped. To me it was the best of both worlds. To me. (don't write me and tell me I am a horrible person)
When I was done yammering about HRT and finally took a breath he smiled and said he couldn't have said it better himself because that is what he would recommend as well.
I came home to tell my husband that I was in menopause and what we were doing about it.
He said, "I thought you would be bitchy like my mom"
So you're saying I'm not bitchy?
"No more than you've ever been" he said with a smile
"Gee thanks."
"No seriously I thought it would be horrible - I can live with this."
"Oh good becuase I was so concerned about you while I am dealing with this."
"Okay that didn't come out right did it?"
"Nope."
"But I know what you mean - I just wanted to see you sweat."
"So you are getting testoterone and the others and you'll be my horny slut muffin like before and we're getting an 18 year old moving in with us?"
"OH. MY. GOD. THIS TRULY IS A SICK AND TWISTED JOKE MARGARET!!"
I know. I know.

3 comments:
Sorry work is slow...that sucks.
My sisters did the "patch hormone thingie", it seemed to work for them. Don't sweat it. You aren't a bad person no matter what you decide. It's your body....hello?
Don't they have some sort of testosterone cream stuff (saw it on Oprah a couple of years ago), that you apply to the nether regions to get them all hot and horny? Just sayin....
testosterone goes on your trunk and your inner thighs. It's a cream you are correct. Progesterone is a pill. Estrogen is being compounded and I don't have that yet.
Saw that woman on O. She said she had her partner rub it on her. Honestly anything my hubby would rub on my nether regions would get me all hot and horny so I always thought that was a hoot.
your new doctor sounds awesome. its about freaking time huh?
sorry work is slow. as if you needed one more stressor.
thanks for the info about pet insurance. it was really helpful. its not in the budget right now. (my budget is breathtakingly tight at the moment.) but hopefully it will loosen up soon and i really want to get the pet insurance for my pooch. i love her so.
Post a Comment