She was looking for her little red box in the kitchen with her toys. I had to hide them because the vet didn't want her to have anything more than a chew toy.
Izzy doesn't quite see it the same way.
What I'm a retriever and I haven't retrieved anything in 2 days......is there a 12 step program for this people? I want to go outside and play.....I am getting anxious.....how about some Xanax maybe?.....if I can't have my balls to fetch and I can't go run outside and play with sticks what do you want me to do? huh? huh? huh?
The vet called shortly after the vomiting scene to let us know that she does not have Parvo. Thank God!!!
The influenza test has not returned yet. I told her what had happened this morning after she was trying to get me to play with her leaping and carrying on. The vet said you can't have her playing, jumping, leaping or walking a lot I think I told you all of that! Yes but how does one make a dog understand that it is to lay down all damn day? I explained that this is difficult because she is feeling a bit better so she wants to play, my God she's a puppy. I asked if maybe there were doggie downers or something to allow her to be calm. (I was only partly joking.) Because nothing I was trying was working. She suggested I give her baby Benadryl again.
It would dry her up and keep her calm. CALM? It sedates her.
So I gave her some more food and put a Benadryl pill in there and for some reason it makes me feel so guilty.
But then I keep telling myself that I am being a good mommy by allowing her body to heal and get better. I figure if I say it enough times it will sink in and I may one day believe this.
In the mean time she has fallen asleep at my desk....upside down no less.
But all this medicine is making her farty. It's so not good. So now I can't even wake her if I wanted and she is stinking up this room big time. It's burning my eyelashes.
I guess this is my pay back for drugging her. I told you she was a damn smart dog.

3 comments:
im so glad shes feeling better. and yes, dog farts are the worst.
Don't feel bad.
All of our five children think they have motion sickness. That's because if we have to take them anywhere in the car for more than, say...an hour, we give them a large healthy dose of Dramamine.
Ahhhhh....sleepy time.
Glad to hear that Izzy is feeling better.
Rusty sleeps just like Izzy. I thought that she may out grow it, however I think she may continue to sleep in the position as he grows older.
Post a Comment