They were all M.D.'s and 2 were Endocrinologist along the way. I didn't even mention them in my story or this would have gone on for days.
Endocrinologist was the absolute worse ones!!.
Their lab numbers were all off the mark.
Stay with me here, no nodding off just yet.....
Example....In 2002 the AACE (American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists )finally listened to the the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry (NACB) that issued new guidelines for the diagnosis and monitoring of thyroid disease. (After years of testing and studies.) Bottom line what this comes down to is this.....They changed the current TSH range from 0.5 to 5.5 TO 0.3 to 3.0........... When more sensitive screening was done, which excluded people with thyroid disease, 95% of the population tested actually had the TSH level between 0.4 and 2.5. So as a result the NACB recommended reducing the range. Meaning, anything below or above could be a sign of thyroid disease.
Now the sad part about the endrocinologists I saw - all were using the outdated lab test numbers. So to them I tested normal. WTF is what I was screaming at them. When I would ask about this they would poo-poo my internet findings and library books I would drag in. Oh they thought I was just another google freak who was wasting their time. A book written in the 60's or 70's by Dr. Broda Barnes explains it all so well and even suggests treating the symptoms and not the numbers and why. This book was poo-poo'd by both Endrocrinologists.
These were not old farts either. 1 was 40 and 1 dr. was younger and was part of a very large practice. Always written up as one of the best in the DC Metro area. Yea, right. Arrogant fuck is what they were. Condesending is an understatment.
Sadly I am not alone in this because I hear this other people, mostly women, who are dealing with this disease. But first things first, must rid myself of systemic Candida so we can jump on the thyroid again.
<>
But hey it could be worse.......like my family is coming to visit today at our lake house.
Well only my step mom and 1 sister our of 5 and an assortment of neices and nephews.
I will get through this....I will get through this....I will get through this....I will get through this....
No matter their negative comments, I will get through this.....I have a full bottle of Tanqueray,
I have my Big Guy,
I can drown myself in the lake if necessary,
but I can get through this. (say it a few more hours and I may even believe it)
I have my Big Guy,
I can drown myself in the lake if necessary,
but I can get through this. (say it a few more hours and I may even believe it) See ya'll after the weekend......because I will survive this.
3 comments:
Wow. That is a cool pic on the bottom.
Ah yes. And the rest of us (read, me) are in a sub clinical category.
Oh, and, in my personal experience, a Naturopath is the only way to go for accurate up to date results. They give a shit about YOU and not the numbers. IMhumbleO.
Post a Comment