I know none of you give a shit but I really do…..My Yankees swept the Red Sox.
Nothing could make me happier…..well okay if we can keep the momentum going into October!!!

I have been watching this news report about the mom who was driving on the wrong side of the road and killed her nieces, herself, her children and 2 other adult men. Something just doesn’t seem right to me and no one is asking the right questions. She had alcohol and TCH in her bloodstream they are saying. Of course her family is stumped because she doesn't drink much let alone in the early morning or with her children etc. And they report she doesn't smoke pot. But it’s hardly been mentioned that she called her brother after eating at the McDonalds and told him she was feeling disoriented and having a hard time and was feeling odd. Could there be more to this than a woman who they think is drunk and high? I just think there needs to be more investigating than assuming here. Why do we always assume and not really dig? Either way I realize it’s all so damn sad anyway you look at it.
In the mean here in our nations capital it is hotter than Haiti out there. This time of year makes me long for fall and 65 degrees. It’s supposed to be 105 with the heat index today, the temp really only reaching 98. This is the only place I have ever lived where you get 100% humidity and it doesn’t rain. I have lived in the Pacific Northwest, the Midwest and now the Mid-Atlantic and I have to say the winters here are great but the dog days of summer are killer. I would just skip late July, August and September if I had my way and jump right into October. Hair is flat, boobs get all sweaty underneath and I am crankier than normal. Now that was a pretty picture wasn’t it? Ladies you don’t want big boobs in summer trust me on this one!
Walking the dog in this heat is tons of fun. Throwing a Frisbee is only fun if throwing in the water in these temperatures. And since I am landlocked until Thursday night it just plain sucks. I can’t even begin to image how the dog feels with that big ole coat of hers.
I’m off to make a nice cold beverage…..like my favorite Lemonade and Gin. Shhh.....don't tell my boss.

6 comments:
my nightly drink has become the gin and tonic. cool and refreshing.
Ah, now you're talking. I love Tangeray's and Tonic. Ran out of tonic though. I'm thrifty this way.....anything can mix with gin. Kool-aid isn't so bad either in a pinch. Tried lemonade this weekend and fell in love....tee hee
You're right. I don't give a shit.
(But my new drink is vodka with macerated basil leaves with lime juice) :)
Tallulah that drink sounds dreadful. I love all 3 but together it sounds terrible. But just out of curiosity I may have to try this. Just picked some basil leaves this morning. I'll keep ya posted!!
Put vodka and a bunch of torn up basil leaves in a jar and put in to the fridge for a couple of hours. Take Newman's Limeade and pour in to a shaker with ice and add vodka. Strain and enjoy!
kind of like a mojito with basil instead of mint. Hmmm....will run out and buy limeade unless you can use lime juice. if so i'm trying this tonight. i'll run out shortly and rip off more basil from my plants. oh oh, you may have given me a new drink if i like this and i am always up for a new sugar free drink. I'm thinking of maybe using my lime Gin. oooh.
Post a Comment