Didn't trumpy say he was going to stop all this daylight savings crap? Is it like everything else he said he'd do yet did nothing?
By the time Izzy is used to it we're switching again. If I didn't have a dog this wouldn't bother me near as much. I would still dislike it immensely and find it stupid to still be doing this in the 21st century but having a dog and no yard makes this difficult. Must walk at 5am now until the clocks go back.
This morning at 5am there were so many others walking their dogs bitching about it being 5a. Now that my dog is older she sleeps until 5:30-6a so our walks are in daylight and at a normal hour of 6a. But this 5a crap is starting all over again and I so dislike it. She is full of energy and bouncing up the street. I wish I felt like her at 5am.
This morning was blustery and cold and dark. I passed a man who I said good morning to and I swear he just grunted. I chuckled. I understood him. Because we humans felt like it was too early for bed so we stayed up and we paid the price come 4:30 for the first wake up. I told her to go back to her bed and she did - for 30 minutes. She was up at 5a again panting her pant which means I gotta poop mom hurry up.
Then we humans had this conversation, "you got her?"
"I didn't, but I can"
"I didn't, but I can"
"oh would you please?"
" muttering'...fumbling in the dark to find clothes
Since I lost, I walked her this morning and I certainly wasn't dressed warm enough.
This time of year is so crazy. Air is on one day and then next it's 44 with wind gusts like we're in the wizard of oz. Time to bring out all the warm coats. But it will be in the mid-60s later in the week. This time of year sure is crazy. But with this cold, I can now turn on my fireplace. I got a new fireplace insert today. Yipee.
This morning I went downstairs and it was a bone-chilling 59 degrees in the kitchen. I turned on the heat immediately and wished my fireplace would turn on. The fireplace men arrived today at 3pm and in 45 minutes I had a new gas insert. No more cold mornings on the 1st floor. While I hate having to spend the money we had to fix it to sell so it is what it is.
With the back of the house, new windows and the fireplace repaired there is nothing that needs attention for selling our home. Oh, sure the garage and minor things like touch up paint, etc. But overall we are done. We will enjoy it all until we leave. Downsizing is going to be the next problem from what I see. Anyone wanna help? Where is Marie Kondo when you need her?
Ah, never mind since nothing is bringing me joy this year Marie would ask me that damn question, does it bring you joy? I'd be throwing everything out because 2020 has been such a shit show that nothing brings me joy.
Here is to Biden/Harris not being overtaken by the puppet master Putin as he did last time. That might bring actual joy but I'm not hopeful.

12 comments:
Yeah I'm not holding out for anything with this election.
I got up and fed the cats then went back to bed. Then had to feed them again because my old cat is like oh you got up I need food lol
I did hear about a movement to not turn the clocks back -- because who wants an extra hour of 2020. I really, really don't like the dark at 4 p.m. Might as well just stay in my pajamas because I don't have a dog to walk.
If Kono came to my house I would tell her, 'You don't bring me joy', OUT!
I hope Levi never learns about Izzy's 5 o'clock walks. I love that he doesn't need to go out until 10 AM with last trip outside around midnight.
I feel messed up for the first two or three days of the time change. I wish I could tell the cats about the time change.
I agree with all who don't want an extra house of this freakshow of a year.
I mean an extra hour, of course.
Lol, Romeo and I were bitching about the time change this weekend.....just stop the madness I say. It is proven not to accomplish any of the things it was supposed to, and people hate the adjustment ~ me included. Maybe we'll move to Arizona (although Hawaii sounds so much better)!
Wide awake at 3 instead of 4.....who doesn’t want that. Grrrrrrrrr!
Julie cats are so low maintenance I wish I liked them as I do dogs.
Olga, yes I know we've all been saying who wants an extra hour now. If you don't like dark at 4pm you'd hate living in Seattle. Winter was dark around 3;30 - 4p and summer it never got dark until 11. Very odd. How did they do drive in movies back in the day? :-)
Mike - exactly!
Jean - good for Levi. Izzy has been like this since we brought her home. We have tried everything - no allowing her to nap and keeping her running around etc. Then we'd stay up until 1am and she still go us up at 5am. We gave up.If she did not get us until 10am I would assume she has passed.
Jamie I am okay it's the darn animals.
Yvone - maybe he didn't do as he promised because it was too confusing for him :-) Either way I agree with you this does nothing but annoy everyone! And I'm up for going to Hawaii.
Linda - so your texts will be a bit earlier now :-) But your 3 is my 7 so I've been awake for a few hours - bring 'em on.
Having a fenced yard helps but the time change has been rough on Callie too. She still wants out and starts moaning outside my door to be let out at 4 instead of 5. Then she has to be breakfast fed as normal when she comes back in.
Then at 11 which is one hour earlier than normal, I start getting the stare. Where is my lunch stare? She has mastered the pitiful, relentless stare. Trying to train her stomach is just trying. Retraining takes about a week. Hang in there.
I like daylight savings because it stays light long enough to get in a round of golf after work. And do you really want it to get dark at 8pm in the summer?
Still, maybe we could split the difference and never change again. The measure of a good compromise if if both sides leave the table a bit disgruntled.
Patti, I hear you. :-)
Bryan, fine, keep it and never turn back. I don't give a rats arse which way we go just go there and stay there. I don't care if we just stay on eastern time either. I don't get the big deal of when it's light and when it's dark. I just do not wish to change anymore. So pick on and let's stay there.
Post a Comment