Wednesday, November 18, 2020

More boring Medical Updates

I am writing in my pj's and bed head praying that nothing turns worse so I don't get taken to the hospital like this.

When I was a kid my mom used to lay out my clothes for school. No, not high school. I did not wear a helmet in the house. I was a first grader. 

Apparently, on this day I didn't see the panties on the top of the dresser so went in the drawer and got a pair. 
I went to school all was well. UNTIL I got home.
As I opened the door into the kitchen to yell, I"m home, my mom was there at the door and immediately lifted my dress up!  She then sighed and said, "My God I thought you went to school with no underwear." She went into my bedroom after we left for school and she saw my underwear on the dresser so she assumed.

As I got older we laughed about that day. She also always said to wear your nice underwear in case you were in an accident. By the time I was 12 I asked if they would let me die if I was wearing no underwear or bad underwear. She would just make a motion with her hand dismissing me and say, Oh Peg. but she'd laugh. I admit making my mom laugh was a goal. Especially when she was dying of cancer. When I got her laughing it made my day. For some reason when you are 12 you think that will make her feel better. I'm sure it did but not in the way I was hoping at age 12. But I digress...

Last week when I realized I had to go to the ER I did my hair, changed from a sports bra to a regular bra, and actually thought of the above story. Will they mind I'm in an older pair of panties? Will they let me die? I had a chuckle to myself. But yet I blow-dried my hair and changed bras. What a damn fool. 

Something similar happened at the cardiologist. My bp was normal. But my chest pains are still off the charts as is my shortness of breath. They did the 100th EGK and of course textbook perfect. He wanted to check my swelling. What swelling I asked. I took off my boots and he felt around my ankles and I was wishing I wore high socks instead of no-show socks. Did I shave my legs? No not since returning from the hospital. Damn, he is all over my legs now. Shit!  

Why the hell does this shallow shit concern me when I can barely breathe. If I was as hairy as Sasquatch he would still have to work on me. So why do I do this to myself? Why does my mind go there?  Walking from the parking lot into the medical building was a huge strain. It did not matter if my legs were freshly shaved or not. Add the wind and boy it was difficult. I got to the lobby and there were 4 chairs with no one in them. I sat a bit and caught my breath before going upstairs to the doctor. 

Because my blood work and all exams were great yet I can't breathe well and have chest pains he is having me take a nuclear stress test on Tuesday. That will tell us if I have a blockage, a leaky valve or whatever. Yipee. I don't want either but I want a reason this is happening and I want it fixed STAT. I am not patient. I like getting up and moving and I am not a person who enjoys all this sitting around. In fact, I hate it. Don't get me wrong I like to be lazy from time to time. But I'm done. I want to exercise me and the dog and I want to move...without difficulty. Hopefully sooner than later. Walking Izzy has been a real strain. But this damn dog knows something is wrong with me and she is being so good.

I slept last night. 6 hours. It was wonderful. 

Someone sent me this meme from Holmes, Make It Right. (I love this guy and his crew!)  I had mentioned that people ask the price and then say things such as, Is that your final price? (I want to say, you need a lifeline, it reminds me of who wants to be a millionaire) Or they ask if we can do this for less? If we could we would have told you a lesser price. What other profession is this asked in? 
When you get a hair cut do you ask them to charge you less because you are special? 

A man tried to fix something himself. It was a hot mess. Far worse than it was when he started. So we were called in by his contractor. It was so bad Rick sent me photos. (we find these things funny) The man said how embarrassed he was, yada, yada, yada, 
I'm an attorney, not a handyman he said smugly to Rick. 
Of course, his handiwork makes more work than if he had just had us fix it the first time. So a price was given. He said that it was 1/2 of his Mercedes payment. Could we do it for less? First of all, the pompous balls on this guy to say his car by name. why? 
2nd no, Rick explained how he made more work for Rick and showed him how and what was going to be done. The man had made a hole as well so now he had a leak to the floor below which he didn't have before. 
He thought about it and said, "Okay" So we fixed it for the 'lawyer.'
I wonder if we hired him we'd get a break on his hourly rate? What do you think?

So you can imagine how much I like this meme that a friend sent me.(and she also knows how i love Mike Holmes)  See I'm slowly coming back to my smart ass self....very slowly, but I'm in here, bear with me.


22 comments:

Cruisin Paul said...

I love your attitude and strength Peg. Keep getting better and hopefully they will find out what the real problem is. I'm praying for you. Prayers helped me. See ya my friend.

Cruisin Paul

Grace said...

I had my nuclear stress test last month, unlike the first one I had 4 years ago, it went very well and easy-peasy, I wish you the same. They still don't know the hows and whys and wherefores of my breathing problems problems or my fatigue - my situation is kinda complicated and mystifying to the many specialists (I seem to have one for every part of my body now)...All this to say - I sure as hell hope your doctors get this sorted quickly and that it all comes right in the end.

Why do people always want something for nothing and why is it always the people who could well afford to pay even more?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, thank you my friend. Yes, prayers help.

Grace - wonder if it's a form of covid that tests negative? I've wracked my little brain on this. how can everything be fine and yet...
fatigue is off the charts yet sleeping isn't easy.
And you are right with your last sentence!

Julie H said...

Scott had that done too and then after he had to do an angiogram. I'm like wtf why did they do both. Never did find out what was wrong with him.

Anonymous said...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) - enjoyed your piece about your mom and your underpants. Really cute. It just occurred to me reading today that I had severe shortness of breath (dyspnea) a few years ago and thought I would have to go to the ER. It was totally frightening. Went to a cardiologist & had all sorts of testing, etc. Nada. Trust me: I am not insinuating this may be your problem. I'm just relating my experience. Now, x number of years later, I attribute my problem to extreme stress due to the onset of my husband's numerous health problems combined with his denial. At the time I thought "This is what it must be like to drown." Keeping everything crossed that you find something definitive soon. Hugs.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hey Regina, first, please pick any name you feel you wish to call me, you don't have to do all my names unless you wish to. :-)
I have had far more stress in m life than this. So I don't think it's stress but one never knows right? If I am just sitting I don't feel too bad. But as soon as I walk across the room I am out of breath and need to sit a spell. The chest pain through my back is always there. I can't wait for Tuesday to have this stupid test.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well Julie that sucks. Does he feel better? I fear that will be my thing - they will still find nothing. I'm too young to die and too ornery to die so there is that. :-)

Ami said...

I'm so sorry this is all happening. It sucks and it's scary, too.

Have they ruled out issues from the mold? Reason I ask is, I have a friend who has a TON of those same issues from a mold reaction.

I'm sending good thoughts your way.

Did you shave your legs yet? :-D

Arkansas Patti said...

My Mom said the same thing about underpants. I think all our parents knew something that happened before our time. Maybe they use to kick you to the curb if you had raggedy underpants:)
Know about the primping for a doctor's appt. It's like we are preparing for a date.
I had the stress test this month, fortunately it went very well. Hope yours does too but mostly hope they find the cause and fix you.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Patti, it was a generational thing perhaps then? funny. Rick made me laugh many years ago when he said, "they will take scissors and cut up your clothes during an emergency do you really think they will just stop if you are wearing your period panties?. Nope she's wearing her granny panties, let her die" That made me laugh. He said this to me 20 years ago, When he said it, it made me realize I'm being a jerk but I never forgot his theory to me. I could visualize it and it always makes me laugh. He's good for that.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ami, all the shit I've been dealing with the die off etc is my die-off from the mold toxicity. My primary doctor thinks once this is eliminated my bp will go back to normal. IN the mean time I'm on meds to fix the bp. I do now know it's all working because it puts weight on you (mold) and I gained a lot and barely eating. I dropped 16lbs in 2 weeks doing nothing different. Yee-haw. so that stuff is getting better. Yes, I showered last evening for a 2nd time, (love the hot shower on my back and chest pain) and I shaved. So any doctor can grab my legs now. :-)
The saddest thing was every medical professional I spoke with over the last 2 weeks didn't know what CIRS was. So I imagine so many people have this and don't get the help they need because most doctors don't know how to treat it or what it is. At the hospital they poo-pooed it. that irritated me I must admit.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I'm impressed that you still have hair on your legs to shave. I thought you were post-menopausal. That and my hair would be the last thing I'd think about before going to ER. Clean underwear? There must have been a Mom Manual that told all our mother's to spout that out to their daughters. For a while I had those panties with the day of the week sewn across them.

Good luck with your next tests and getting an answer and a solution.

Mike said...

The panties reminds me of a joke. A little girl said she was climbing a tree with some boys. Her mother said don't do that, those boys will see your panties. The next day she climbed with the boys again. Her mother asked 'did they see your panties'? The girl said 'no, I fooled them, I didn't wear any'.

Jamie Ghione said...

Love that cartoon. Thanks for sharing.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh I love that joke Mike! I will have to share that one.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jamie it made me laugh when I got it and I so wish I could show it to people who ask. Once my husband told a perspective customer when they asked if he could make it less money, he responded, yes I can, which step would you like me to skip? Adhesion? Then he added, I do not discount the quality of my work or price. The woman stared at him for what seemed he said like a full minute and then she laughed and said, "I got it, okay let's move forward" People are funny. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask though.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, I take bio-identical hormones so maybe that's why. I don't have any post menopausal things that others tell me they have. Except for Aunt Flo nothing has changed for me really.

Olga said...

Oh course you would highly offend that lawyer if you asked for a break on his legal services! Don't you get that he is a LAWYER who drives a MERCEDES? Geez.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, LOL God I love you.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

Oh, Peg, your panties story cracked me up. I remember my Mom talking about that, but she never checked to see if I had mine on :-) Sometimes I would put on the same color panties as the bra, but I don't have a common sense reason to do so....

I will pray that you will continue to improve....even if it's slow, it is still better! Izzy is such a gem. Rick is an uncut diamond ~ rough, but still priceless. Nah, don't tell him that!

Julie H said...

OH and also it is all probably just damage from him having DVT's but no one comes out and says that.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, Oh I have been to too many arrogant ass's like this doctor. Hope Scott's back is also feeling better!!