Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Is it February Yet?

I am one of few who voted for Biden that is not on an election high. 
Don't get me wrong I am THRILLED he won by over 4.5 million votes and his electoral votes are so far higher. (306 with GA to 214)
But Mango Mussolini is quiet. That should scare us.

You know how when your child is quiet in the other room and you run to see what the hell they are up to? Yep it's like that.
I just feel something and I don't like it. When I get "feelings" over my life I have learned to heed them. Pay attention, something is happening.

As you may or may not know, DC just closed their borders to all.
I don't get how this works to be honest. I know NY has done the same.
With people coming here as tourists I would think this will be difficult.
The only people we saw in the District a week ago without face masks were tourists. How do I know? Their clothing, their visiting of tourist things I had to bring our guests to, and riding segways, etc. Tourists are obvious here. 

God, I want this feeling to go away. It scares me.

In other news. 
I got a call from my gorgeous niece Alexandrea. She and her two sisters want to come to the inauguration. They asked to stay at my home. How can you social distance at the inauguration? I am so torn.   Rick's doctor has said, if he gets this with his pulmonary issues this can do him in. 2020 just sucks. I so would love the girls to be here but...

I am the only one in my family who is diligent about this. They don't wear masks. (2 of the 3) They go about their lives as if nothing is going on. They held a wedding with no masks. They danced. WTH? Alex has already had tests. She is a teacher and a student was exposed. She has had several tests. And let us not forget she lives in the petrie dish called Florida. The other two are in PA and for the first time, they had 80 cases in one day. They will soon see how they should behave to stop this. But will they? 

Speaking of weddings. I follow Karen and Mina from the show Good Bones on Instagram. Mina's sister got married. The band that was paid in full called an hour before the wedding that they were not showing up. They had to call another band at the last hour to come to save the wedding. I saw the videos of them dancing, hugging and laughing. How can a wedding like that take place? This is why we are having another surge. Everyone has gotten used to or comfortable where they are at and they aren't thinking or using any form of common sense or kindness to others. It frustrates me.

Oh well. Nothing I can do but worry about me and my Big Guy. He is dieting right now and he is grumpy. Rick's diets never last more than a week, if that long. But he has gotten big and he has a cardiologist appointment in 3.5 weeks so he is trying to lose weight so he won't get yelled at. WHAT? I said how about you do this to live longer with me? How about you lose this to get off some medication maybe? He laughs. I guess I should be thankful for whatever reason he's doing this right?
Let's hope he can do this for a full 3.5 weeks. If he does. I will then say, How about another 3 weeks? I'm doing it with you. We shall see. It's looking as good as the donald congratulating Joe Biden.

As you can see, hear, feel, I am not my normal self.
So i am going to leave you with some of my weekly memes.





I love bad ass Betty White



I've never seen a star wars movie or sequel but Rick says this fits.




11 comments:

Julie H said...

I go back and forth with is life worth living if I'm just by myself in my house? And then we shouldn't be around other people so we don't get sick. My parents don't want to do Thanksgiving with the family but have seen all the family separately and my mom is constantly shopping at Wal Mart and Target.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

oJulie, I just got a call from a former customer who was having work done again tomorrow. He has covid symptoms (older man no less) and is being tested this afternoon. He called me to cancel his appointment for tomorrow and he apologized. I told him to keep us posted and I hope he is well. Scary shit. The man's background is amazing. He also was in the cabinet for Clinton. He is such a funny interesting man. I use my maiden name here and he loves to say it. He speaks Italian and he makes me smile when he calls. He bends my ear but he is so fascinating I do not mind one bit.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I'm glad Joe won too but I also fear what Trump will do or not do before he goes. Not releasing the funds set aside for the transition and access to the briefings Joe is supposed to be getting, etc. is going to effect our nationals security if it goes on much longer.

Covid-19 is going be really bad this holiday season and winter. The number of new cases reported daily is shocking and our area hospitals are almost to capacity for the first time since the pandemic started.

Love the last meme!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, right now it appears all the states that fought masks are having a very high number of cases. my red neck hometown as well. They had 80 yesterday. They are shocked and that makes me laugh. Shocked really? You people have parties and think nothing of it. I just think he is going to set Joe up to make him look bad. I heard a very long interview (over an hour) with Governor Cuomo yesterday that was fabulous. Boy he didn't mince words this time. And a shocking thing he said, "kusshner" was the voice of reason. When he was asked, 'really jared kuschner? Cuomo said, well they are all not too bright, so the standards are low and he laughed, but in all honestly he and I worked well together and he assisted in getting me the help we asked trump for but he refused. It was a great interview Jean.

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Oh, you bet something's happening. Count on it.
S

Arkansas Patti said...

It would be hard but I'd tell your neice that you will help her find a hotel but you just can't have them there and hang it on Rick if you must. I am so with you on why do people find being careful so darn hard?
I just got a call from my sister in Florida and my neice has Covid. The neice was at a Halloween party with 30 people. Now I am worried about my sister also for the neice lives across the street and they were together a few days ago.
Loved the memes and adore Betty White.

Abby said...

You are so right to not get too comfy knowing that Trump is out. It's not going to be an "easy" transition at ALL. Out of curiosity, I checked the full election results for Colorado: Kanye West came in 5th, omg.

I think people in general have gotten complacent with covid precautions. Most people around here wear masks, but I see plenty of gatherings, and I confess to not being as diligent with the handwashing as in the beginning.

As for your niece and the sisters, I think you should tell them what you told us - Rick is at high risk, and you don't feel comfortable having them stay right now. Good luck existing with the dieting man!

Mike said...

I've been worried about orange man both ways. He gets elected, he doesn't care about anything. He gets defeated, he becomes vindictive to the max.

Barbara said...

Everyone of them is so cute. I agree with you about the great silence. He is not to be trusted.

Barbara said...

PS. Rick and I are high-risk. I don't want to die alone in a hospital with a tube down my throat. I don't say anything to my friends and family about being out in the world but I rarely see them, even with masks. Rick already takes a big enough risk to keep the business going. I'm not sure science really know all the ways we can catch it and how long it can survive. I'm sure your nieces know you would welcome them with open arms but this is a really big risk for Rick - IMHO. Just saying so you won't feel too guilty if you are not able to host your nieces.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, yes and we told them that. Next year if our life ever returns to normal again.